Author Topic: paying it forward  (Read 97624 times)

Offline lostbrit

• Team IceShanty Regular
paying it forward
« on: Jan 05, 2016, 06:10 PM »
So there was a guy on this site offering some feathers for fly tying for free with postage paid by him, So I was the lucky guy who got them today.  So it's my turn to offer something for free, I have three tungsten bite indicators (the ones you attach to the end of your rod) also some new fuel lines for a strikemaster auger (I got them for my lazer pro but sold it and forgot to ship these with it) so PM or reply to this post first come first served. tight lines

Offline Adkrs

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: paying it forward
« Reply #1 on: Jan 05, 2016, 06:21 PM »
Good on you for doing that. Nothing i need personally, but thats what made me want to join this community after lurking. A lot of folks willing to help.

Hmm. This is a fantastic idea for a thread though.... Everybody that receives something from another member for free, must then pay something forward to another member
Beer will get you through times of no ice better than ice will get you through times of no beer...

Offline fishinagain

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 2016, 07:12 PM »
So there was a guy on this site offering some feathers for fly tying for free with postage paid by him, So I was the lucky guy who got them today.  So it's my turn to offer something for free, I have three tungsten bite indicators (the ones you attach to the end of your rod) also some new fuel lines for a strikemaster auger (I got them for my lazer pro but sold it and forgot to ship these with it) so PM or reply to this post first come first served. tight lines

I would take the bite indicators if they are still available. I also have something to put up to pay it forward ;D
Pure Michigan

TEAM MITTEN

Offline Big Ice Hole

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2016, 07:46 PM »
I wouldn't mind one of those bite indicators. I have some tip ups and some schoolie rod I could pay forward.
Born to fish, Forced to work.

Offline FG Steve

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 05, 2016, 07:48 PM »
I would take the fuel lines.  Please PM me if they are still avail.  Nice of you!
 Happiness is a wife who can outfish you.

Offline lostbrit

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 05, 2016, 08:01 PM »
Looks like all items have been spoken for, if you have something sitting around offer it out there. Its a fun and cool thing to do

Offline Raptortrapper

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 05, 2016, 08:28 PM »
GREAT IDEA for a thread Lostbrit!!  Glad the feathers made it to you, and I never would have expected anything like this to start rolling!  This is gonna be fun to see where it goes!!  May I suggest one thing??  Shipping must be paid for by the sender.  TOTALLY FREE was the idea when I sent the goose feathers.  Let's see how far this goes!

Good on you for this thread idea!!!  If this takes off, can we make it a sticky??
The next time you think you know it all, try telling someone else's dog what to do.

Offline MFDIRT13

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 05, 2016, 08:38 PM »
This is what makes this site great!
On the hunt for TROUT!!!

Offline fishinagain

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 05, 2016, 08:54 PM »
GREAT IDEA for a thread Lostbrit!!  This is gonna be fun to see where it goes!!  May I suggest one thing??  Shipping must be paid for by the sender.  TOTALLY FREE!!

Good on you for this thread idea!!!  If this takes off, can we make it a sticky??

Absolutely!!
Pure Michigan

TEAM MITTEN

Offline grizzwald660

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 05, 2016, 09:03 PM »
i'll take the schooleys and put something up wed. night when i get home from work. i work 12 hrs. going fishing thurs. for first time this ice season.

Offline Raptortrapper

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Jan 05, 2016, 09:36 PM »
Big Ice Hole, did you say you had some tipups to pay forward?  I've never used them, and would like to try it out.  If the tipups are still available, I'll take one.  I've got more stuff I can pay forward!

This is awesome!!!
The next time you think you know it all, try telling someone else's dog what to do.

Online Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 05, 2016, 09:51 PM »
I can send you a tip up Raptortrapper

Offline Raptortrapper

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Jan 05, 2016, 09:58 PM »
I can send you a tip up Raptortrapper

Awesome!!!  Thank you!!!  To pay it forward, I am offering up a full pheasant hide, minus the tail feathers, for tying flies and jigs.  It is professionally tanned, lays flat, and is in perfect condition.

Offline Raptortrapper

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Jan 05, 2016, 10:36 PM »
Just had a thought.  If this thread continues, might be a good idea to post when something has been spoken for.  Might keep ya from getting a bunch of continued replies, and everyone would know if it was still available or if it had been taken through a PM??  Might be some sort of format to keep all this straight, but don't know for sure how to do it.  Like I said, just a thought....

Also, since we went through such a flurry there for a bit, what is still available as of now? 

I have a full pheasant hide minus the tail feathers still available.

Offline fishinagain

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 05, 2016, 11:20 PM »
Great idea for a thread! I have seen these types of threads on a lot of boards, sadly they all end the same way.. Either some youngster finds it and sees it as free gear and takes everything, or 3-5 people just sit and trade gear back and forth. The second is against the rules here so watch out for that! Giving some stuff away to people who need it is awesome! I will sort through some stuff, in sure i have some stuff i can give to others in need!

Well Karma is a real thing, if you ice fish you need as much "good" as you can get. Also, it's not like someone is going to put up a Ion auger or something.
Pure Michigan

TEAM MITTEN

Offline AlphaPlex20

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jan 05, 2016, 11:28 PM »
awesome thread!  i am not in need of anything, but i have many assorted frozen duck/goose wings and quite a few pheasant tail feathers i would love to find new homes for if people can put them to good use for fly tying or dog training.  I would also be willing to part with a large collection of jigs i no longer use.  PM me if your interested and i will post back when the items are no longer available. 

Offline Cantharellus

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Jan 05, 2016, 11:30 PM »
Awesome thread! Cool of everyone who has given stuff so far. I'm sure I could find some stuff I'm not using anymore. I'll keep my eye on this one.

Offline FG Steve

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Jan 06, 2016, 07:34 AM »
My turn.  I have an extra two-pack of Eskimo ice anchors.

Online DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #18 on: Jan 06, 2016, 07:51 AM »
My turn.  I have an extra two-pack of Eskimo ice anchors.
I would like the ice anchors if they are  available.i will pay forward with a spawnee spawn bag tyer or a ht husky tip up if anybody wants one .

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #19 on: Jan 06, 2016, 08:04 AM »
lostbrit   :clap: :thumbsup: :clap: :thumbsup:
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline FG Steve

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Jan 06, 2016, 08:34 AM »
I would like the ice anchors if they are  available.

They are yours.  PM your name/addr to me.

Best thread this year.

Online DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #21 on: Jan 06, 2016, 08:42 AM »
They are yours.  PM your name/addr to me.

Best thread this year.
pm sent.and thank you.

Online DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #22 on: Jan 06, 2016, 08:46 AM »
my turn to pay it forward.i have a nice ht husky wooden tip up or a spawnee spawn bag tyer. if anyone needs one of these.

Offline Raptortrapper

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #23 on: Jan 06, 2016, 09:28 AM »
Full pheasant hide for flies or jigs is still available.

Offline Big Ice Hole

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #24 on: Jan 06, 2016, 04:18 PM »
i'll take the schooleys and put something up wed. night when i get home from work. i work 12 hrs. going fishing thurs. for first time this ice season.

Send me your address I'll send them to you.

Offline Big Ice Hole

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #25 on: Jan 06, 2016, 04:20 PM »

Thank you Lostbrit.

Offline Big Ice Hole

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #26 on: Jan 06, 2016, 04:24 PM »
Still have tip ups.

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #27 on: Jan 06, 2016, 04:45 PM »
Full pheasant hide for flies or jigs is still available.
I'll take that (pm sent) and offer a heated tipup box to anyone interested.

I made it on a whim, never used it. I'm keeping the fly reel so you'll need to buy a cheapie to use on it.

Rg
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline Perch tugger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Jan 06, 2016, 05:02 PM »

I would like this dark box and will put up something good tomorrow night.

I'll take that (pm sent) and offer a heated tipup box to anyone interested.

I made it on a whim, never used it. I'm keeping the fly reel so you'll need to buy a cheapie to use on it.

Rg

Offline lostbrit

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Jan 06, 2016, 05:07 PM »
This is so cool, thank you all for paying it forward.  I'm amazed how big some of these gifts are, you guys/girls rock!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.