Author Topic: "Braved" the Rain Yesterday  (Read 950 times)

Offline FishGuy603

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Togue1
"Braved" the Rain Yesterday
« on: Dec 19, 2016, 01:22 PM »
I had a couple hours of in the morning so I decided to hit one of my favorite backwoods bass ponds (dirt roads and everything). I made the right decision of not hitting it during the snowstorm because my four wheel drive Subaru Impreza almost got caught in the parking area even when the roads were treaded on earlier. Luckily I got it out and parked it roadside in a shallower snow drift. Well, the fishing..... it was just that. I expected the warm weather would get the fish moving around and I'd be chasing flags all day but it seemed like the wind put the fish down just as much as the weather would bring them up. I ended up with four bass (3 of which were pretty decent 1.5-2 lb range) and thrice as many wind flags (so frustrating). One of the bass was caught jigging and it ended up being the only fish I marked in an area that always produces numbers for me year round. I don't know what was going on, I expected the fish to act one way, but they ended up behaving another way, which goes to show that you can't always call it  ???. All things considered, it wasn't a bad day, I caught fish and the Pats won a TOUGH road game. I just hope that the spot produces more for me next time.......

This one fish may have made my day! I saw it rise off the bottom to my jig. Ended up jiggling and bouncing it to get it to strike but nothing doing. As soon as I let it sit for a second, the spring bobber bounced twice, I set the hook, and this fish RAN

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: "Braved" the Rain Yesterday
« Reply #1 on: Dec 19, 2016, 01:39 PM »
nice job
Salmonemia

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 19, 2016, 01:41 PM »
Those bass are fun looks like a largemouth.

Offline FishGuy603

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Togue1
« Reply #3 on: Dec 19, 2016, 01:55 PM »
Thanks guys! Meatandmetal, yup, that's a largie. That pond's got smallies too but haven't got one through the ice yet

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 19, 2016, 02:24 PM »
Way to tough it out in the rain. Nice Larry.
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline Running for flags

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 19, 2016, 03:02 PM »
Great job! I braved it also but only ended jigging up a large pickrel
Wait there's ice????

Offline Nosaj

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 19, 2016, 03:15 PM »
Kiss my Bass!

Nice!

Offline Rando5512

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'd rather go fishin'!
« Reply #7 on: Dec 19, 2016, 04:23 PM »
Way to tough it out

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If I can hunt it, or fish it....I'M THERE!
« Reply #8 on: Dec 19, 2016, 05:50 PM »
Yea that rain was not fun. Nice to see you made it worth your while. Good catch.
Very unproductive day for me.
- In every walk with nature, every hunt, every fishing trip....one receives far more than he seeks.

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Dec 19, 2016, 08:22 PM »
I saw it rise off the bottom to my jig. Ended up jiggling and bouncing it to get it to strike but nothing doing. As soon as I let it sit for a second, the spring bobber bounced twice, I set the hook, and this fish RAN
Nice bass
Never underestimate dead sticking.  :)

Offline FishGuy603

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Togue1
« Reply #10 on: Dec 19, 2016, 09:34 PM »
Thanks for the comments everyone! HuntnFish603, I heard that that was more the rule than the exception yesterday. Coffin Dodger, dead sticking is productive for sure, thats why I got the spring bobber  ;).

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.