Author Topic: -COUNTY POND F&G Club Derby CANCELLED.  (Read 768 times)

Offline Hardwaterfisherman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • ~My hands smell like fish~
-COUNTY POND F&G Club Derby CANCELLED.
« on: Feb 01, 2011, 09:15 AM »
 :(
Went to look up some info on the Country Pond Derby for this weekend.
Bummer!!! It's been cancelled, presumably from the impending winter doom thats on our doorstep. But perhaps the combination of that and competition from the Super Bowl.

Offline Paiva94

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: -COUNTY POND F&G Club Derby CANCELLED.
« Reply #1 on: Feb 01, 2011, 09:17 AM »
no way for real? was really looking forward to putting a hurting on that pond agian

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 01, 2011, 09:34 AM »
Right! a friend has a house there and we've been catching some real nice slime darts, and whities. Not to mention those cotton pickin' Crappie!!! (I actually love crappie fishing but they've been more like ghosts on tips! setting the flag but nothing to show for it.)

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #3 on: Feb 01, 2011, 10:11 AM »
it always on the superbowl...im not disappointed...i love that tournament and have done very well, but there is no way you could have that tournament...there we be no place to park with the snowbanks and the amount of snow in that mini parking lot....
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 01, 2011, 10:35 AM »
Yeah this was the first year we planned to fish it. Not much of a derby guy, but thought this would be a fun one to get the feet wet. Just enough cash prizes to get excited about what new toys could be added to the arsenal.
Oh well.
Does anyone know any other good "starter derbies" or in the area. I know some are on F&G website, butI know others are out there.

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 01, 2011, 10:49 AM »
its one of the best ones for me because its a pickeral tournament...
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline thefinlessbrown2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • fulfilling dreams in good company
« Reply #6 on: Feb 02, 2011, 04:23 PM »
well i guess you hold the title for another year aaahh JIBBS  ;)

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 02, 2011, 06:07 PM »
they peeled it from my grasp last derby...we landed about 75 picks last year...just not the right one...i am glad its cancelled...it would of been brutal to chase pickeral flags all day through 4 feet of snow...i don't think i could of blown it off if it wasn't cancelled....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.