Author Topic: buckshot forage minnow  (Read 2047 times)

Offline coldbum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
buckshot forage minnow
« on: Dec 12, 2005, 07:39 PM »
used the rainbow glow forage minnow from buckshot tipped with a fathead fillet

turned not biting fish into aggressive hitters

anyone else had such luck with crappie? 

Offline iceturd

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re: buckshot forage minnow
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2005, 08:38 PM »
Yes, have same luck with pimples too. Sometimes I tear the minnow in half to leave the intestines dangling & this seems to spark a few bites on a tuff day. I also like to tie a 2-3" dropper on a 1/16oz buckshot rattle spoon & tip with 1 mousie or T-bone a couple spikes on it for the finickey crappie days. GOOD LUCK & KEEP EXPERIMENTIN!

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 13, 2005, 11:11 PM »
I use the 1/16th oz I think? blue minnow pattern, wif glowing backside and of course a split ring. On a 30 yr old schooley rod. :o  Extremly effective crappie lure when they are active wif a small minnow/pinhead. When they arent so voracious waxie it up and take off ur split ring for less action that usually works for me on most any lake. That and going to a darker color on a clearer lake instead of a loud color. Caught some slobs on the rigg thaz for sure...

Offline pikeman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 21, 2005, 06:57 PM »
Hey what depth do you think is the best to fish these,I've been getting dink perch but no crappies

Offline Preacher_man

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Have a Real CRAPPIE Day!!!!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 21, 2005, 09:44 PM »
 I caught some nice crappies after dark last nite! The OL' VEXILAR was lit right up! Was using the orange buckshot glow spoon w/treble! Put a waxie on each hook! Worked pretty good last nite! Was fishing in 15' of water! Catching some off the bottom and some 5' or 6' off the bottom!
TEAM  PA.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.