Author Topic: Ice check New report 12/8  (Read 4352 times)

Offline ShawnM

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Captain of Team Mercer
Ice check New report 12/8
« on: Dec 08, 2005, 12:32 PM »
OK I check Cranberry the coves are locked up but the lake is down 8 feet for fixing the dock's this year :'( the main lake has skim ice all over.
I checked Hopatcong the cove off RT 15 is locked up & the state park is getting iced up.
PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals   ;D

Offline Icephishnphreek

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I come from the land of Lizards
Re: Ice check
« Reply #1 on: Dec 08, 2005, 01:09 PM »
Cranberry is down 8ft?? That should hurt the season but I do not care. My icephishing buddies and I decided we were going to strictly hit Hopatcong only this season. It will be our first season phishing that lake. Any one have any pointers on where to try?

Offline iceman_4432

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 08, 2005, 01:40 PM »
Cranbury is down 8 feet  :o  That is definately going to impact ice fishing there.

O well .... Id rather fish Hopatcong :D  So the state park is getting locked with ice huh ...  :clap: :clap: :clap:  ALL right .. that is awesome news. 

I CANT WAIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank goodness i have this site to talk ice fishing :D

Offline ShawnM

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Captain of Team Mercer
« Reply #3 on: Dec 08, 2005, 01:55 PM »
Yes that suck's we fish that cove on RT 206 first but now the water is only 2 to 3 feet where it was 10.

Offline AJ Flag

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • TEAM MERCER!!!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 08, 2005, 03:20 PM »
Idk if many people care or not, but Clinton and Canistear Resevoir off of rt 23 have ice on the small rivers that feed into them and a good 20-30 feet off the shore as well.

"That's how you do it...That is how you ice fish!" MM

Offline Icephishnphreek

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I come from the land of Lizards
« Reply #5 on: Dec 08, 2005, 03:48 PM »
Sweet it wont be long now I am guessing safe ice in NNJ by xmas

Offline sofa king cool

• IceShanty Rookie
  • TIP-UP!!!!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 08, 2005, 04:49 PM »
Birds were walking on "water" on Budd Lake this morning.  ;D
uhhh..huh huh huh..he said crappie

Offline bayonne

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Dec 08, 2005, 06:55 PM »
hopatcong is actuly one of the easyest to fish for pan fish pickeral and bass the rest takes time the eyes stripers chanells muskies are a diferant story set your tipups 2-3 ft of the bottom in up to 15ft of warter you will most of the time have a good pick and jiging small rapalas swedish pimples with a mousie will get the pan fish the bass readily hit jigs aswell for crappie the small rapalas work best for me woodport is one of the hotest areas but paking is a problem i know they do good in most of the coves the biger game fish are on the main lake stucture points and dropoffs rocks and so on

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
« Reply #8 on: Dec 08, 2005, 07:51 PM »
Bayonne:   My buddy lives in Whitehouse Station & I'm from Long Islnd. We've been fihing the ice for 40+ years, but only in NY.  This year  want to concentrate on Hopatcong, but could sure use some help on this large body of water.
Can we get together this winter???   I'm on NewYork forum ---

IceBalls..

Offline ShawnM

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Captain of Team Mercer
« Reply #9 on: Dec 08, 2005, 09:13 PM »
Birds were walking on "water" on Budd Lake this morning.  ;D
Went by Bud Lake tonight the cove by the beach & the back cove are locked up & there is ice going to the middle but the middle is still open a lot.

Offline ShawnM

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Captain of Team Mercer
« Reply #10 on: Dec 08, 2005, 09:14 PM »
Idk if many people care or not, but Clinton and Canistear Resevoir off of rt 23 have ice on the small rivers that feed into them and a good 20-30 feet off the shore as well.

Yes AJ NO ONE CARES what you say ;D ;)

Offline ShawnM

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Captain of Team Mercer
« Reply #11 on: Dec 08, 2005, 09:18 PM »
Sweet it wont be long now I am guessing safe ice in NNJ by xmas
Maybe Mark & I will try NY next Subday if they say it's safe but that's a big maybe . If it stay's cold yes by Xmas on the coves & small lake's in NJ

Offline bayonne

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Ice check New report 12/8
« Reply #12 on: Dec 09, 2005, 11:04 AM »
ice sure can till hunting season ends will mostly be a sundat thing i have my 16yr old son with me most of the time hes hooked on ice fishing all fishing for that matter he loves eating what he catshes will keep you in mind and im you when im going i live 1 hr east of hopatcong my self

Offline ShawnM

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Captain of Team Mercer
« Reply #13 on: Dec 09, 2005, 01:28 PM »
Hunting season if over for me I got 6 in the freezer

Offline bayonne

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Dec 09, 2005, 01:46 PM »
lucky dog shawn havent seen a thing all week the best deer i saw was day after thanksgiving walked up on a 11point and 8 point together standing in a stream at clinton w.m.a and noones gotten either of them yet man the 11 was huge east 180lbs or better tomorrow the last day of the 6 day firearm then i wait till jan i havent done muzzle loader yet might go for it next season

Offline ShawnM

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Captain of Team Mercer
« Reply #15 on: Dec 09, 2005, 09:19 PM »
lucky dog shawn havent seen a thing all week the best deer i saw was day after thanksgiving walked up on a 11point and 8 point together standing in a stream at clinton w.m.a and noones gotten either of them yet man the 11 was huge east 180lbs or better tomorrow the last day of the 6 day firearm then i wait till jan i havent done muzzle loader yet might go for it next season
I got all the deer this year with the bow tomorrow will be my last day with the gun didn't see anything I wanted to shot. Then ice fishing. The bigest I got these year was an 9 pointer from IL it drested out at 193 and live weight was 238. It will score 130 1/3 with a -8 points because of the 9th point :'(
I hope you get one & Good luck the rest of the year

Offline bayonne

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Dec 10, 2005, 05:51 PM »
shot a nice 8 point he took off to the swamp by the res. before i could even climb down from my stand a shot rang out wright in the direction he ran never found it or seen if anyoneelse got it had a real nice rack high tines big bodt to i know i hit it it jumped like a bronco when they kick like that it usaly means you hit it my budy got a 6 point other than that it was a dead day now wating for permit to open back up jan 7th they both came at the same time from private land across the street a club hunts thier they must have kicked them out

Offline AJ Flag

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • TEAM MERCER!!!
« Reply #17 on: Dec 13, 2005, 02:50 PM »
Yea I didn't think anyone would, but that never seems to stop me. Both those resevoirs have ice almost covering the entire place now, and I know the Pond in franklin is locked up except by the dam, but idk how thick it is.

MikeThePike

« Reply #18 on: Dec 13, 2005, 04:33 PM »
AJ keeps talking and no one is listening....lol

Shawn, if you ever wanna come fish out by me in PA just let me know. I have some really good lakes nearby and a private lake right over the border from NJ that has huge bass and crappies (C&R only from there tho)

Offline AJ Flag

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • TEAM MERCER!!!
« Reply #19 on: Dec 14, 2005, 11:13 AM »
lol Thanks for pointing that out Mike, I think I'm just gonna stop posting and only read from now on...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.