Author Topic: Macgregor  (Read 4137 times)

HoagieAB

Macgregor
« on: Dec 01, 2003, 11:39 AM »
Hey all:  Thinking of heading down to Macgregor this Sunday.  I haven't fished the south end before and am looking to try it out.  Any hints on good access points and an general idea as where to start plunkin holes??

Offline vancouvercanuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re:Macgregor
« Reply #1 on: Dec 01, 2003, 04:58 PM »
you can access the very southern area by heading east from Champion. Once you see Traverse on your right hand side there will be a canal on your left. You can follow the canal and access McGregor there. I've heard out in the main basin is producing 30+ feet.

Jam_Jam

« Reply #2 on: Dec 01, 2003, 05:25 PM »
You don't know Jack ya don't even get out! :-*  Whipisssshhhhhhh I think your woman is calling hehehe

Offline Nuke Ab

• IceShanty Rookie
  • If they're there,....... we'll get'm up!!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 01, 2003, 05:54 PM »
vancouver, do you mean vulcan? if not i'll have to check the map. Jam Jam how did you make out this weekend? Are you heading out next weekend ? I think Hoagie and I are looking at heading out this weekend hence the thread!
Maybe we'll cross paths.......I was out a little north of the city this weekend. A few flags and a few percas, neutral if not negative to say the least, but limits were brought home. We had to work for our fish and i would never have guessed the pattern that we had to use for the few fish caught!

Tight lines!

Jam_Jam

« Reply #4 on: Dec 02, 2003, 10:07 AM »
Got a bunch of small perch to 10", a few walleye and a pike this past weekend but the camping trip was a bust as the wind was too strong so I only fished Saturday.  Wind lifted my 90lb shanty right off the ice if you can believe it.

I'll probably be out this weekend with Van.  We're considering the Travers area but haven't made a final decision yet.  It'd be nice if we could get a week or two of really cold weather to thicken the ice enough to drive on...i'd really like to do some more exploring but if we're walking I think Van would die ;D  

Offline vancouvercanuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 02, 2003, 10:36 AM »
vancouver, do you mean vulcan? if not i'll have to check the map.

Head south from Vulcan then turn east at Champion. This will take you to the spillway of Traverse as well as the south end of McGregor. Maybe we'll see you this weekend.

Jam_Jam

« Reply #6 on: Dec 02, 2003, 10:53 AM »
Its Travers not traverse! arrrrrrrrrrrrrggggghhh hhh!  I can't take it anymore :P

Offline vancouvercanuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Dec 02, 2003, 11:12 AM »
Its Travers not traverse! arrrrrrrrrrrrrggggghhh hhh!  I can't take it anymore :P

you grumpy cuz you can't chat at night with all the other ice fisherman?

HoagieAB

« Reply #8 on: Dec 02, 2003, 11:47 AM »
That'd be good.  Maybe we will see ya this weekend.  What kind of truck do you guys drive.  We'll be in a big black Ford F150 with rollbars or a dark green Dodge 1500.

Offline Nuke Ab

• IceShanty Rookie
  • If they're there,....... we'll get'm up!!
« Reply #9 on: Dec 02, 2003, 07:25 PM »
 Thanks for the info.Sounds great guys, good luck and keep an " eye " out for us!  Belly up for a coldie and an elk smokie!
Tight lines!

Jam_Jam

« Reply #10 on: Dec 03, 2003, 09:55 AM »
Looks like we won't be getting down there this week but if ya ever see a blue 'yoda 4X4 come by and say hi.  Cheers

elk404

« Reply #11 on: Dec 03, 2003, 03:02 PM »
how thick is the ice on Macgregor and other lakes around the area?

Jam_Jam

« Reply #12 on: Dec 03, 2003, 05:03 PM »
I haven't been down there enough to know but see a recent report here....  http://www.outdoormessageboard.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=list&forum=DCForumID38&conf=DCConfID1

Good luck

sweet446

Re: Macgregor
« Reply #13 on: Feb 11, 2004, 02:06 PM »
wow that report was good

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.