Author Topic: Any Good Lakes??  (Read 2125 times)

Offline David_the_fisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Happy Jigging
Any Good Lakes??
« on: Feb 28, 2004, 09:53 PM »
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows any good lakes for peech fishing becuase my dad and I wanna go to a good place, and by any chance you know what the bite good on. Thanks in advance.  :'(

Offline vancouvercanuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Any Good Lakes??
« Reply #1 on: Mar 01, 2004, 11:05 AM »
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows any good lakes for peech fishing

If you wanna catch some peaches you need to go to the Okanogan. Seriously tho, where are you at? And how far are you willing to go?

Offline David_the_fisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Happy Jigging
« Reply #2 on: Mar 14, 2004, 03:59 PM »
well i live in edmonton alberta and we are not willing to go very, very far but ya, and i was wondering if u would know any good pike fishing area's.
  David 8)

Offline perchfisher89

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 14, 2004, 10:34 PM »
Hey david...I was at wabamun last couple weekends and have had realy good luck (lots of 8 to 15 pounders). If u want a mess of too small of pike to keep, go to lac st anne. I would suggest wabamun though :'(

Offline David_the_fisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Happy Jigging
« Reply #4 on: Mar 16, 2004, 04:15 PM »
thanks where about and what kind of hooks or bait are u useing
  David ::)

Offline perchfisher89

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Mar 22, 2004, 01:46 PM »
I was fishing at the end range road 43, I think its a bit too late now. U might be able to walk on next weekend. I use a treble hook with a 4-6 inch smelt under tip ups or under a rod laying on the ice.

Ok, went to gull for sat and sun. ok, so dad is sleeping in the truck and he gets a pike on his tip up and i dont wake him up so i get it. It got off and i have never used his kind of tip up before so i never set it right. So the fish got on and the flag never set. So we are sitting in the tent and all of a sudden, the camera gets attacked. And it woudn't stop moving for like .5 hour. So he pulls it up and the tip up line was
wraped around it and we looked at the tip up and there was no more line on it
all spooled out exept the knowt was still there and the attached line.......we pull in a 14 pound pike

Sat - 3 good sized whites, 1 burb, 3 pike (1 64cm and the other 2 were 14 pounds.)

sun - 2 whites (almost 3 pounds and 3.5 pounds), 4 burbs (56cm, 65, 70, 800)

I have been fishing gull the last few weekends for whites and the odd perch and just started to get the hang for the burbot and found the pike there:D

Good Luck man!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.