Author Topic: Beaver Lake  (Read 5474 times)

Offline bushbunny

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • He who has the gold makes the rules!!!
Beaver Lake
« on: Feb 23, 2004, 10:11 PM »
We have been pounding the snot out of the wallys in the late afternoon on Beaver Lake over the past week.  Perch, good size, are there too!!!

Offline sco22

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re: Beaver Lake
« Reply #1 on: Feb 24, 2004, 12:28 PM »
Obvious questions aside (like where, depth, jigs), how was the driving on the ice?  Flood water?  Snow depth?

I was going to Blackett & Jackson this Sunday, but maybe Beaver is better?

Cheers.

Offline bushbunny

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 24, 2004, 01:22 PM »
We were out from the boat launch at Young's Beach in about 15' of water.   Quite easy to get around with a 4x4.  There was no overflow, other than what came out of the hole, which was very little.  I was into Blackett on Sunday morning, caught some pike and perch.  Friends were up by the narrows and did quite well on perch and walleye.

Offline vancouvercanuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 25, 2004, 06:10 PM »
I will make it there someday  :-[ :-[ Probably with the boat.

Offline Trevor

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 25, 2004, 08:58 PM »
Darren, am I to assume the Lac La Biche trip fell through?

Offline The Muddler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • 27" Bulltrout
« Reply #5 on: Feb 26, 2004, 09:28 AM »
Hey Trev, Jam Jam here.  Lost my login info when this system crashed so i decided to reregister with a different name. 

I'm still thinking about heading up that way in March for an extended weekend.  Doesn't sound like too much of our group is going to be available but if you or bushbunny or someone wants to hook up I'd be into that.  I have a 4X4 toyota and chains so I should be able to hold my own getting around.   

Cheers
I fish therefore I AM!

Offline Trevor

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 26, 2004, 05:44 PM »
Let me know when you decide on a date and we'll hook up. 

Trevor

Offline bushbunny

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Feb 26, 2004, 09:39 PM »
Just let me know when you guys are coming up here, and I hope that I will be available.  Maybe, we can catch Beaver, Spencer, & Kinnaird & Blackett!!!

Offline Trevor

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #8 on: Feb 27, 2004, 06:15 AM »
Rick, I've been wanting to fish Spencer all season, that would be awesome.  Wonder if we can get in with trucks.  I have chains and 4x4 as well as JJ.

Trevor

Offline The Muddler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • 27" Bulltrout
« Reply #9 on: Feb 27, 2004, 09:32 AM »
I can come up pretty much any weekend so if you guys want to plan a weekend then I'm in (I was thinking early to mid March).  Take a day or two off to make an extended weekend and Bob's your uncle :)  Trev I could even swing by Edmonton on the way up and we could share a ride but no biggie either way.  I'm pretty flexible on time and where we fish so let me know. 

Cheers
I fish therefore I AM!

Offline sco22

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #10 on: Feb 27, 2004, 11:13 AM »
Hey guys, make sure you post when you are going to be there.  I plan to be up and around there most weekends.  We can swap stories and hae a beer. 

If you want to see something funny about Spencer, I posted a long story with pics on the Fishing Alberta Message board.  It was our trip to Spencer last year. 

Jam Jam, I miss your regular contributions on that board.

Cheers.

Offline The Muddler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • 27" Bulltrout
« Reply #11 on: Feb 27, 2004, 12:22 PM »
Hey Sco22,  Thanks for that story I really enjoyed it and always love adventure pictures!  I was going to post over at FA but I've been in a bit of a funk lately and haven't felt much like talking (weird for me :P 

Hopefully we can all get together for a BS session sometime soon.  Can't wait to try a new area.

I fish therefore I AM!

Offline vancouvercanuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Feb 27, 2004, 02:48 PM »
You guys are killing me here. The only way to have a good weekend up there your right Jam Jam is take a couple days off.

Trev,

Yes, our trip fell through,

It seems a bunch of my buddies, not naming any names had to stay in town for Valentines day. Wat up wit dat? Anywho, I am still undecided what my plan for the trip up there will be. I'm thinking if i'm going to take some time off work I might as well do it in the summer when it'll be nice out and I can drag the boat up there with me and do some summer camping. Then the girlfriend won't mind coming either.

Cheers,

P.S. Nice post on the FA website there SCO22

Offline Trevor

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #13 on: Feb 27, 2004, 05:10 PM »
Darren, sorry to hear you won't be coming.  Would have been good.

JJ, why don't we go on the 13th of March.  We can shoot for Spencer.  If it snows too much, or if for some other reason we don't make it in, then we can decide on a spot once we're there.  No shortage of lakes in the area...

Sco22, I read your post last evening.  Really enjoyed it.  Thanks a bunch.  I'm always in that area throughout the ice season.  That's Bushbunnie's back yard.  I'll let you know if I'm in the area...

Trevor

Offline The Muddler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • 27" Bulltrout
« Reply #14 on: Feb 27, 2004, 05:29 PM »
The weekend of the 13th is good for me...I'll double check with the GF tonight.  Would you be able to do a couple days or just the Saturday?  I'd be willing to do the hotel thing or camping if anyone wants to bunk it for a night or two.  Even if I could plan to meet you Sat and maybe someone else Sunday/Monday that'd be cool.  Bushbunny, Sco22 would you guys be available for some fishing that weekend?  It'll be a +5 hour one way drive for me so I'd like to get a decent amount of fishing in whilst I'm there. 

Bushbunny I know you posted directions to get to LLB from Calgary but i just wanted to confirm that the directions you gave awhile back are that much quicker then heading straight north to Edmonton and hitting LLB from there.  About how long does it take to get to these lakes from Edmonton? 

Look forward to gettin' out!
I fish therefore I AM!

Offline Trevor

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #15 on: Feb 27, 2004, 08:12 PM »
JJ, I'll probably only make it for a day trip.  Thanks for the offer of sharing a ride but I'll have no choice but to bring my truck if I'm only going a day.  Besides if we're heading into Spencer, the more trucks the better.

P.S.- Tell that Darren guy to get his priorities straight and come do some fishin ;D

Trevor

Offline sco22

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #16 on: Feb 27, 2004, 11:32 PM »
I am going to try to hit Beaver this weekend, although we may go to Calling. 

Hopefully you guys will have another weekend other than the 13th.  I am in Jamaica for that week, but I will be back on the ice the next weekend. 

Ja maannn, isssse feeshen wit da rum!

Thanks for the compliments on the story.  I look forward to new stories in March!

Cheers.

Offline David_the_fisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Happy Jigging
« Reply #17 on: Feb 28, 2004, 06:09 PM »
Hey guyz if you do go well all i got to say is GOOD LUCK!! ;D.
 David

Offline sco22

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #18 on: Mar 01, 2004, 10:44 AM »
Hey guys.  I went to Calling lake instead of Beaver this weekend.  Did alright on perch and the action was pretty good.  I caught about 80 and 1 in 3 was 9 inches or a little better.  2 were 13+.  Not 1 pike which seemed odd.  Lost the only walleye that bit and caught 1 big ling. 

We took these other people's holes when they left and they left an enormous whitefish on the ice.  Stupid, ignorant bast*&$s and bit*&#s. 

Offline vancouvercanuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #19 on: Mar 01, 2004, 11:04 AM »

P.S.- Tell that Darren guy to get his priorities straight and come do some fishin ;D

Trevor

I know, I know, I should but I'm trying to get this Australia trip payed for right now, so until this is complete any trips that need money are out of the question. I'm thinking I should be good to go by May >:( >:(

Offline The Muddler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • 27" Bulltrout
« Reply #20 on: Mar 01, 2004, 11:34 AM »
Hmmm sounds like the trip may have to wait for the open water period :-\

I fish therefore I AM!

Offline vancouvercanuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Mar 01, 2004, 04:21 PM »
Hmmm sounds like the trip may have to wait for the open water period :-\

A little while anyways Jam Jam.

Offline Trevor

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #22 on: Mar 01, 2004, 05:38 PM »
JJ, are you still going?

Offline The Muddler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • 27" Bulltrout
« Reply #23 on: Mar 02, 2004, 12:05 PM »
Unfortunately it doesn't sound like it...can't justify driving 10 hours for a days fishin'. 
I fish therefore I AM!

Offline Trevor

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #24 on: Mar 02, 2004, 09:00 PM »
Oh well, next winter I guess.  Think I'll still hit LLB that weekend.  Perch bite should be hot on the main lake.  Only 1-1/2 hours for me.

Trevor

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.