Author Topic: Strawberry Reservoir 11-11-12 (A little cutthroat pic heavy )  (Read 1565 times)

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
Me, fishonone and phishinphool had a stellar day. Sorry we were not on the hard deck, but the weather sure felt like it. It was around 20deg upon arrival and the snow made getting up there a little difficult, By the looks of the boat when we stopped in heber you can get an idea on how the roads were yesterday morn

when we arived at the lake it didnt take much time to start hooking up with some real nice fish, only 1 bow in the boat all day and the rest were a slew of fat cuts getting ready for the oncoming hard deck. I stopped counting hook-ups around 10 fish and this was still pretty early in the day, so im guessing we had over 40 fish in the boat between the 3 of us. They ranged for 16-24in, here are a few that we got pics of

and one scenery shot, it was sun most of the day but did cloud up and snow pretty good right before we left. Oh ya and the nasty "W" blew all day  >:( but we still made the best of it  ;D

Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Re: Strawberry Reservoir
« Reply #1 on: Nov 24, 2012, 05:56 PM »
I bet you guys had the lake all to yourselves. Very nice! :thumbsup:

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Nov 25, 2012, 05:03 PM »
Thanks prospector. We were definately the only ones in a boat that day. Lol but people have had nicer days since that trip and they are still slayin them up there. I have been makin a veterans day\weekend trip up there for some years now and those cuts always have the feed bag on. We won't be back till ice now though
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 16, 2012, 05:56 PM »
There is a report of some ice in the bay by the soldier creek dam turn off. Just a drive by so no report on thickness, yet. Im thinking there will be some fish on the hard deck after this next weeks cold front, somewhere on the berry  ;)
Can't wait to finally fish Strawberry this year! What size Cut would be considered a once in a year fish up there? Gives me something to dream about. ;)

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Dec 16, 2012, 07:26 PM »
My personal best from there is a 26in bow and 27in cut, but i have seen some pics of 30in+ cuts and they are jaw droppers  :o :o Big red cheeks, hook jaws ohhh man. Every year we go in the fall i keep saying "this will be the year for a wall mounter" as im sure it will be that time of year i catch mine, if and when i do only time will tell  ???
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #5 on: Dec 16, 2012, 07:26 PM »
they have pulled some Nice's ones  out of there i think there was a 10lb last year i can not wait to get there

Offline RainbowBoy03

• IceShanty Rookie
  • My rainbow

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
Re: Strawberry Reservoir
« Reply #7 on: Dec 18, 2012, 04:43 PM »
nice i want to get one them big ones threw the ice

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Strawberry Reservoir
« Reply #8 on: Dec 18, 2012, 05:41 PM »
nice i want to get one them big ones threw the ice
Yes, very nice. Are some places better on early ice than others? Can't wait to get down there!

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
Re: Strawberry Reservoir 11-11-12
« Reply #9 on: Dec 18, 2012, 07:09 PM »
Nice rainbowboy i see you checked the spam mail and got the acceptance. I wont say where it came from, but is that the bow we were talking about. That thing is a hog  :o when adding your pics to a post you need to click on the img tag link in photobucket (either under the pic when you put your mouse on the small pic or on the right hand side of the screen when looking at an inividual pic) and it will automaticly copy it, then when making your post just right click and paste it

Are some places better on early ice than others? Can't wait to get down there!

I think most the trout lakes are HOT right after ice up, but i like either the berry or chesterfield in Idaho myself
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Dec 18, 2012, 09:46 PM »
I will give Chesterfield a try too. I have family in I.F. Thanks!

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
Re: Strawberry Reservoir 11-11-12 (A little pic heavy)
« Reply #11 on: Dec 18, 2012, 10:28 PM »
Theres some fat bows in there. Hopefully i'll have some intel to share on conditions around the new year
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #12 on: Dec 19, 2012, 07:37 PM »
I will give Chesterfield a try too. I have family in I.F. Thanks!

I was just in sportsmans and the reports board is saying chester is capped and people have been fishing it
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
Re: Strawberry Reservoir 11-11-12 (A little cutthroat pic heavy )
« Reply #13 on: Dec 19, 2012, 09:27 PM »
i want to get up there to  :thumbsup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.