Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1607817 times)

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #17310 on: Oct 19, 2019, 03:10 PM »
Good Afternoon, Everybody

Beautifully gorgeous day today, sunshine, no clouds or breeze, mid 60's

The job itself goes very well, the owner of the unit lives in the Bronx, & comes down as needed, I update her every other day as to progress, just started paint yesterday
     (Friday), should have the painting done by the end of the week, then start the laminate flooring thru out, no bathroom, just a lot of little spots with spackling, can't start
     before 9:00, done & gone by 5:00, 5 days a week, no weekends, have to be done by start of Turkey Day week, as long as she doesn't keep coming up with a lot of
     extras

The traveling down & back isn't bad, it's always opposite the heavy traffic, never got there Thursday, after the storm blew thru, some trees to contend with on the ground at
     some customers houses for cleanup, we lost power Wed. nite into Thurs. morning, H.O. next store had a tree tilt over from the soggy ground & winds, a branch crossed
     some wires, power co. was right on it, only down 4 hrs., when I walked Domino Thurs. A.M., some charred branches on the ground, on the evening walk, the tree in ? was
     on the ground, leaned over the rest of the way, she is the bitter neighborhood divorcee, so no one offers help, I go if asked in an emergency only because of the Down's
     Syndrome child she has

Such a waste of fish - Glad the power came back on, saves on gas for the generator

Yes, the price of meds. is totally out of control, got to make that penny for the stockholders

Watch raking the leaves, that motion will hurt shoulders just as bad as some of the other stuff we do, except fishing  ;D

The fish house shouldn't cost anything by now, with the broken promises made so far

45 - What have the drs. not checked yet in respect to the headaches ?

Getting close to time to feed Domino - be back after dinner

Be Safe-Stay Warm or Cool-Have Fun-Tight Lines or Straight Shots-Records & Limits-Safe Travels-Good Eats & Drink-Get Well Soon-Happy Birthday
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17311 on: Oct 19, 2019, 06:47 PM »
Good Afternoon Everyone, Was a beautiful day out today. Took Mr Dickens to the lake for our walk. The lions club was there setting up for their haunted hay ride. Mr Dickens was scared of everything. He’s not very brave.

WallyWorld, Thats great news that your son has power.

Captain Jim, That was very nice of you to help out your neighbor. Hopefully you get your job done by Turkey Day. Drs aren’t sure how long I’ll have my headaches. Headache Dr says could be for the rest of my life.

Whopper Stopper, Hope you got your tree job done today. That guy should be dropping the spear house off at your house. He should also be not charging you the balance.

Hunts2long, Hope your wife has a good birthday.

I hope everyone had a great day and they have a good evening.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17312 on: Oct 19, 2019, 06:51 PM »

Take a kid ice fishing

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #17313 on: Oct 20, 2019, 04:23 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                            It's 35* and clear, yesterday when I finally went outside, thee was frost on my truck. ::)
                            I-45............Thanks for sharing the pictures, looks like Mr. Dickens found a friend. :clap: It was a nice day for a walk. :thumbsup:
                            Wally...........Glad to hear that your son got his power back. :thumbsup: It's amazing how nature works for Salmon, it's a sad site
                   to see rivers cluttered with  dead Salmon after the spawn. :(
                            Marv............You are a patient man, I think I would be all over the guy for not delivering on the promised day. ???
                            Eddie...........I hope you got all the leaves cleaned up, check the trees to estimate how long before you can winterize your garden tractor. :whistle:
                            Capt. Jim.....It sounds like you have a good idea on your scheduled completion date, of course if the owner adds extras that could delay
                   your date. I hope she understands that. ???
                            H2L.............It's been years since I have been to the Alpine, back in the eighties was probably when the couple ran it, the food was great
                   then. They had a lobster bisque to die for. :bow: Let us know how it is and have to take my wife there. :unsure: I never heard a shot yesterday
                   for the opening day of black powder. ???
                            It took almost 3 hours to get my yard cleared of the leaves, in some places all I could do is one pass withe the mower before the bag was
                   full. :cookoo: Then I made some bracket for the cabin guy, mealworm has nick named him Magic Mike. Today he and my other friend will start
                   putting the metal on. I will be there at the start for support.
                            I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out.

IW

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #17314 on: Oct 20, 2019, 05:28 AM »

Before and after pictures of leaves.

IW

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17315 on: Oct 20, 2019, 05:40 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Chilly out this morning 30*. Supposed to be in the 60s today. My wife is working today. Have Mass this morning then a walk at the scary lake for Mr Dickens.

Ice Wanderer, Great job on the leaves. Sounds like a busy day today. Make sure you don’t do to much with your shoulder today.

I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water today. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #17316 on: Oct 20, 2019, 07:48 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, I-45, Morning Everyone,
  39* and rising at the moment, high of 51 today with some scattered showers possible this afternoon.

I-45... thanks for sharing the pictures, that’s a pretty cool looking arrangement at the park!!   :clap: 
  Jeff...excellent job on the lawn...looking like a fairway now!   ;D. Still quite a few trees holding leaves here yet, next weekend will be the tractor ‘s retirement party. Hope all goes well today at Magic Mikes!   :roflmao: :thumbsup:
  Marv...can feel your frustration with the guy building your spear house..that really sucks! Hopefully he comes through Wednesday with a flawless product and a reduction in price for the BS he’s put you through...best wishes sent!  :thumbsup:
  Capt.J...everything sounds like it’s going well for your job, especially dealing with traffic to and from! Hope you have a good productive week and no problems hitting your schedule!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...that was good news on your son getting the power back on!   :clap:  Thank’s for the info on the hatchery. Never did get to take the grandkids out for the fishing yesterday, but we spent quite a bit of time outside away from the computers, lol, arts and crafts on the pumpkins followed by a pizza party...they had a good time!   :thumbsup:
  Steve... thanks for the heads up on the fish finder thread, didn’t realize I was in Manitoba responding...might be the only time I get there!   ;D.
  H2...well, so much for the Yankees this season...Doh! Hope you had a great time celebrating your wife’s B’Day and the dinner was spot on! Good luck with the bowling tonight!   :thumbsup:

Charged up my trolling battery and taking the old Jon boat out for a few hours before the rain hits. Anxious to try out those new reels before the ice comes.   Will catch up to you all later this afternoon....Cawfee’s on!
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17317 on: Oct 20, 2019, 07:55 AM »
33* this morning.
Ice-45, thanks for sharing the pictures of the park.
WS, good luck hunting. Be safe.
IW, the yard looks good. Still a lot of leaves to come down over here.
The dinner was good but not like it was back in the 80's. We would go back again but order off the bar menu. The wife had a good time and enjoyed it. Said she had a good Birthday.
The Yankees are done, now I can get to bed at normal time.
Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #17318 on: Oct 20, 2019, 09:11 AM »
Good morning cloudy sky currently 46 heading into the upper fifties for today's high like Eddie's area chance of rain this afternoon.
Whopper Stopper may you get your shack on Wednesday. Best to you with the hunting.
Capt.Jim good to hear things are going well with the AC job. May the property owner not have a list of add-on's as the job progresses. Also happy to read you suffered no damage from this past week's storm.
Wallyworld good to read your son has his electric power back .
Icefisher-45 thank you for the photos your town or whomever owns the park did a nice job with the Halloween decorations. Have a good walk today.
Ice Wanderer your mower does a great job on the leaves. Have a good time playing supervisor at "Magic Mike's" is he still living in a trailer while he builds the cabin.
Eddie sounds like you and the wife kept the grand children busy yesterday. Best to you with today's fishing trip. I had no idea "Gnuff" was in Canada until I scrolled up to top of page.
Hunts2long glad your wife had a good time at her B-day celebration. Sorry the restaurant did not meet your memories of years past. Best to you and your teammates tonight at the bowling alley. Also best to you with any hunting this week.

Have a safe and good Sunday. To all heading for the woods or waters safe hunting and good fishing.
 Steve

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17319 on: Oct 20, 2019, 10:27 AM »
Morning all,

H2L....glad MrsH2L enjoyed her special day  :clap:  sometimes our recollection of things past make it impossible for anything current to measure up  :blink:  good luck tonight

WS.....you are a VERY patient man to give this guy yet ANOTHER chance to come thru  :angel :bow:  hoping the finished project exceeds your expectations  :thumbsup:

Eddie.....enjoy the "maiden voyage" of the new reels  ;D  fingers crossed the fish co-operate  ;)

CapJ.....glad you're "swimming upstream" of traffic to and from A.C.  :thumbsup:  hope the job continues w/o any set backs  ;)2

IW.....your yard is looking good  :flex: :thumbsup:  mulching mowers sure beat raking hands down  :flex: :woot:

IF45.....my old lab was never a fan of Halloween ghosts and goblins either  :nono:  thanks for sharing your pics, enjoy today's walk  :)

MrC....slight chance of some showers here later also, then another drenching rain moving in on Tuesday  :-\  hoping to get the lawn mowed tomorrow if it isn't too soggy still  :-\

A house about a mile up the road from us burned down last night  :(  Thankfully no one was home at the time and no firefighters were injured trying to save it  :bow: 

Have a good day whatever your plans. Stay safe.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17320 on: Oct 20, 2019, 09:43 PM »
Good Evening Everyone, looks like my last post didn’t take. I hope everyone had a great day and a great evening.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17321 on: Oct 20, 2019, 09:44 PM »

Take a kid ice fishing

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #17322 on: Oct 21, 2019, 02:40 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
   Foggy 40* this am, high of 59 today.

I-45... thanks for sharing the pictures! Did you get any info on what types of fish are in the pond?   :thumbsup:
  Wally...wow, sorry to read about the house burning down, glad there was nobody home and no injuries to the firefighters. The fishing was a little slow, but did manage 2 keeper size Rainbows 13 and 14” before the rain moved in. The reels seemed to work pretty nice, didn’t get too much of work out, lol, but I like them!   :thumbsup:
  Steve...the rain showers hit here about 1:30 yesterday afternoon, I pulled off the lake shortly after.

No banner day out on the lake, but it was a nice short trip anyway. Saw one of the eagles perched in a tree scoping out the lake for a meal, that never gets old, and the scenery was beautiful....no complaints!    :thumbsup:
  Back to the concrete this am...Cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline TickleStick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17323 on: Oct 21, 2019, 02:55 AM »
Good morning, even though I haven't went to sleep yet, its 1:50am here right now...

I'm off work for a few days, getting the boat filled with fuel and stabilizer then I'm going to hit the lake on Weds, on my way home I gotta hit the car wash to get
the nasty water line off my boat then change the oil and lower unit oil, remove all my gear, grease the bearings, cover and then cry a little :(

I hate putting my boat away for winter.
WINTER IS COMING!

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17324 on: Oct 21, 2019, 05:03 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, looks like it’s supposed to be a semi decent day. Looks like rain this afternoon and tomorrow. Will get our walk in early today.

WallyWorld, Prayers for that family whose house burned down. That’s good no one was hurt.

Mason Eddie, sounds like it was a good day on the water. In the lake where we walk there is sunfish, catfish, bass. Hoping to get out this winter.

Ticklestick, Always a sad day to be putting the boat away.

I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #17325 on: Oct 21, 2019, 05:51 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                         It's 36* and clear here on my hill, a somewhat nice day is ahead. ::)
                         Eddie.........I'm glad that you were able to get out and test your new reels, maybe you'll get a chance to really put them to a test. :thumbsup:
                         I-45...........Getting out early has always been my motto, but do what you can and is best for you.. :flex:
                         Tickle.........I don't have a boat but I'm sure it would be a sad day to have to winterize it. :(
                         Wally..........I'm glad that no one was hurt during the fire. I hope the owners have a place to go till they can rebuild. ???
                         Marv..........You have to be chomping at the bit, I know you want to get to "The Shack" to get a bead on that 8 pointer, the spear house
                  builder is holding you up. :%$#!:
                         H2L............I'm glad Mrs. H2L had a good birthday. :clap: So it sounds it's not worth the drive to the Alpine. ???
                         Steve.........Magic Mike is living in a 7'x12' cabin he built to live in while building the main cabin. The little cabin is attached to the main
                  cabin. :whistle:
                         Well we got one side off the roof on well Magic Mike and my friend did, I was there for moral support. And we got the ridge cap on, screwed
                  down on the one side so it will be an easy finish when putting the other side on, possibly Saturday or Sunday. Magic is a  happy man.
                         I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or at play.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17326 on: Oct 21, 2019, 06:49 AM »
39* and cloudy or it could be fog.
Eddie, glad you were able to get out and try out the new reels. Always nice to see some wildlife.
Ticklestick, enjoy your last trip of the season. Catch some fish.
IW, Alpine Inn is still a good place to stop. I know I have changed some over the years also. Sounds like the log cabin job is coming along very well.
We lost all 4 points last night but remained in 1st place. Lost the last game by 1 pin. My brother's son-in-law hunted yesterday morning. No deer but he did say there was some shooting around.
Everyone have a great Monday....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17327 on: Oct 21, 2019, 07:09 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie......glad you were able to get out and caught a couple nice ones to boot  :thumbsup: :bow: :flex:

IF45.....enjoy today's walk with Mr Dickens  ;)

IW.....kudos for helping your neighbor out  :thumbsup: :clap:  glad you're keeping your supervisor status and not doing any grunt work  :flex: :woot:

WS.....hope all is well and you haven't been visited by gremlins  :)

H2L.....sorry the bowling wasn't so great last night  :(  everyone has that kind of night once in awhile, you'll get next week  :whistle:

TS......always a sad day when the boat gets put to bed  :'(  but that also means ice fishing season is one day closer   :icefish:   ;D

The slight chance of showers yesterday turned into a few hours of steady rain  :%$#!:  Not sure if mowing can happen today or not   :blink:  right now the fog is so thick I can barely see anything outside   :-\    did just hear a motorcycle go by   :o :wacko: :nono: 

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17328 on: Oct 21, 2019, 06:09 PM »
Good Evening Everyone, It was a beautiful day out. Got to take Mr Dickens for his walk. This is good for both of us. Tomorrow if it’s not raining we might venture to a state park that is a little further out. My wife wants us to stay close because I’m getting out and it’s a older truck.

WallyWorld, Were you able to get some mowing done?

Hunts2long, I’m sorry the bowling didn’t go well but you stayed in first place. Maybe your brothers son in law will get one next time he’s out.

Ice Wanderer, thats good news that they got half the roof on and you stayed in a supervisory roll.

I hope everyone had a good day and that everyone has a good evening.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17329 on: Oct 21, 2019, 06:12 PM »
Thank God that's over, the trip to Leavenworth, KS.  The motel was horrible, when arriving they claimed we didn't have a reservation.  The jest of that was an attempt to raise the fee.  That is until I produced my printout of the booking.  In the morning, it was raining and the Roaches came out of hiding.  Needless to say we moved everything out so as to limit the chance of bringing home some hitchhikers  :nono: Leavenworth was all booked so we opted to stay in at the Travel Lodge Platte City, MO only a 12 mile drive back to Leavenworth, KS  Upon returning for the next night, found anything we had left had been removed.  No luck getting that back or dealing with the Pakistan ? crew and manager.  So for what its worth  :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: to stay at that Travel Lodge Platte City, MO.

The day home was an adventure with not only "Mothers" Stuffed Living room chair partly hanging out of the trunk, and the large Tub with family pictures ect taking up the back seat.  A tortuous wind to contend with to boot. 25-45 mph didn't cover with plastic or tarp even though I had both with.  Lucked out again with no rain on way home. ::)

Winds here at home delivered a lot of neighbors leaves to my front yard.  Mower made quick work of them, at least until other may arrive, before Snow Thursday ? :unsure: :unsure:  So for now back to normal if there is such a thing.

BTW WW, like the way you think about putting the boat away.  That much closer to ICE TIME  :thumbsup: :clap:
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #17330 on: Oct 21, 2019, 10:13 PM »
Good evening hope everyone had a good day.
Wallyworld sorry to hear about the fire in your neighborhood good no one was home or fire fighter injured fighting the flames.
Icefisher-45 nice photos may you and Mr.Dickens get your walk in tomorrow.
Tickle Stick I agree with Wallyworld sad to put boat away for the Winter but sign ice fishing season is getting closer.
Ice Wanderer good to read half of the roofing is installed on "Magic Mike's " cabin. Happy to hear he is currently living in a smaller cabin iI thought at one point he was living in a trailer.
Hunts2long may you and your team have a better outing next Sunday night. Also hope you and your brother's SIL both see some deer on your respective hunts.
IFF sorry to hear you had problems with lodging on Kansas trip. Hope the reunion was good. Have you contacted Travel Lodge and ownership of other hotel and filed complaints.

Have a safe night folks.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #17331 on: Oct 22, 2019, 02:32 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  48* light winds this am, high of 54 with showers rolling in this afternoon.

Steve...any recent news on that shooting?
  Bud...have had the unpleasant experience in a couple of those places described, couldn’t get out of them quick enough...thanks for the heads up. Glad you had safe travels back home despite the weather.   :thumbsup:
  I-45...enjoy the new scenery today with Mr.Dickens!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...the fog hung around almost until quitting time yesterday before the sun appeared. Does Mr.WW hunt the black powder season?
  H2...better luck on the lanes next time, that’s great you’re still on top!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...sounds like everything went real well with the roofing, way to go helping out and assisting! Imagine Magic Mike is a very happy man seeing that roof on.  :clap:
  TickleStick...enjoy the last ride of the season!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...hope all is well on your end and everything is still a go for your new shack tomorrow!  Will be looking forward to your hunting adventures, hope the big one shows up!   :thumbsup:

We never did pour yesterday, had a kind of emergency job spring up removing brick pavers in one of the parks. Pretty easy day...no complaints here. Guess we’ll be rolling the dice again today with the concrete and weather, lol.
  That time again...Cawfee’s on!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #17332 on: Oct 22, 2019, 04:06 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                              It's 47* and cloudy here on my hill, maybe a shower today. ::)
                              Eddie...........I guess working for the state, removing pavers can be considered an emergency. ??? I'm glad it was an easy day. :clap:
                              Wally...........It was very wet here yesterday but I mowed and mulched my leaves again. The good thing is they are thinning. :flex:
                              Marv...........I hope all is well with you and no computer problems. :whistle:
                              Steve.........Magic Mike had built the small 7x12 cabin on a flat bed truck. He lived in it on the truck for 2 years until he got the deck
                   built, then moved the cabin on it. :woot:
                              H2L............I'm sorry about the games Sunday night, I hope you guys do better next week.  :flex:
                              As I wrote to Wally, I did leaves again yesterday then I I formed an end section to the drain pipe and poured concrete because it was to
                   close the my driveway, so it someone didn't see it they wouldn't crush my pipe. I also marked the end section with a marker stick.
                              Today I think I'm going to try and clean out my wife's garden and maybe till it under.
                              I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out doing.

IW

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17333 on: Oct 22, 2019, 05:07 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Going to try and take Mr Dickens out early. Supposed to rain this afternoon and tonight.

Ice Wanderer, How is the shoulder doing? Should you be tilling?

Mason Eddie, Hopefully it’s another easy day.

IFF, I’m sorry your trip to Kansas had bad hotels.

I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17334 on: Oct 22, 2019, 05:29 AM »
Good morning Eddie, IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

44 and Rain, rain, rain on this part of the map. Areas around here have gotten over 2" and it's still coming down. Today along with the wet we will have 40-45mph winds to help spread the wet. I made a dash to the shack Sunday and there was standing water in all the swamps and low spots. With this last offering, which was heavier at the shack, I will need hip boots to access my main stand.

Yes I have been having problems getting on. No problems at all with any other site, just IS. Either I couldn't get on or before posting the connection would be interrupted and things were lost. I will see if this makes it.

I hope to hear today if things are still on with the spear house. I will be heading to the shack tomorrow so either he keeps his word or he can stick it, I'm not wasting any more of my hunting time playing games.

I hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17335 on: Oct 22, 2019, 06:07 AM »
47* this morning.
My brother called me last night, his grandson was in a tank that was just behind the one that rolled into the river in GA, killing 3 soldiers. Joe is an on-board tech, he has to know how to repair anything that breaks. He has been in for 7 years. Thoughts and prayers for those.

My wife's nephew is in Utica visiting his mother and is coming here for a couple days. He lives in AZ near his father.

I got my hunting stuff out yesterday and may even hit the woods on WED. This morning I may have to take Rocky to the vets. Daughter will call my later...

Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17336 on: Oct 22, 2019, 06:54 AM »
Morning all,

WS.....fingers crossed tomorrow works out  ;)  hope the rain lets up soon  :wacko:

H2L.....x2 thoughts and prayers to all friends and families of the GA accident  :'(  good luck in the  woods

Eddie.....yes he does hunt black powder but in the southern zone only, right now it's all bow  ;) 

IW.....easy on the yard work sir  :flex:  no set backs allowed  :nono:

IFF......sorry the hotels were so bad  :%$#!:  you just never know what you're walking into  :blink: :unsure: 

Did manage to get the lawn mowed yesterday w/o getting stuck  :thumbsup: :flex: :clap:  another inch or so of rain expected today/tonight  ::)

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #17337 on: Oct 22, 2019, 09:22 AM »
Good morning 54 outside heading to low sixties the sky is cloudy and like others in NY. weather guessers say I will see rain this afternoon and evening.
Eddie I have not seen or heard any updates on the shooting. Do you have any plans to get out with your muzzle loader once the season opens in the southern zone.
Ice Wanderer thank you for the info. on "Magic Mike" . Ditto others concerns with the garden tilling be careful.
Icefisher-45 may you get your walk completed before feeling any rain drops sure Mr.Dickens will enjoy the scenery change.
Whopper Stopper I've also had trouble logging into I.S. recently. May the spearing shack builder hold true to his word. Hope the rain stops out your way and things start drying out at the "Shack" .
Hunts2long prayer said for all family and friends of those in Ga. tank accident. Have a good visit with your wife's nephew.  Hope it is not an emergency vet visit for Rocky. Best to you on tomorrow's hunt.
Wallyworld good work not getting your tractor/mower stuck while cutting the lawn with all the rain you will probably be mowing again before storing tractor for the Winter. Guessing this weekend or early next week you will start baking for the fire dept. Halloween party.

A safe and good Tuesday to everyone. Best to all fishing and hunting.
  Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17338 on: Oct 22, 2019, 07:42 PM »
WS hope all goes well.
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #17339 on: Oct 23, 2019, 02:41 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day!   ;D
  Light rain falling and 50* at the moment, rain should be ending by sunrise , high of 58 today.

Marv...safe travels this am, best of luck with the hunting trip!! Hope the spear house is ready ....will be looking forward to your reports!   :thumbsup:
  Steve...looking forward to the deer season! I use my black powder rifle most of the season even though they have allowed the use of rifles in my county some years back...it’s still my favorite, but the .243 will get taken out as well.
   Wally...wishing Mr.WW best of luck with the archery season!  :thumbsup:   Glad you got the lawn completed, hoping by Saturday everything is dry enough here for the finale, lol. 
  H2...thoughts and prayers sent to those soldiers and their families, what a sad thing. Glad your brothers grandson and crew were unharmed. Enjoy the visit with your wife’s nephew, best of luck with the deer hunting today!   :thumbsup:
  I-45...hope the new park met Mr.Dickens approval yesterday!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...they discovered some bad pipes needing attention in an area that was covered with paving bricks. Unfortunately, that was at the Crime Victims Memorial and there were hundreds of pavers engraved with names, so they wanted us to do the removal and keep them in tact. How’s that French drain been working?

The apprentice was wanting to see how long it would take him spreading mortar and setting blocks on his practice wall yesterday...it’s 6 blocks long, 8’. So when he was ready, we set the timer....12 minutes. That wasn’t too bad considering his experience, but it now allows him to have a goal set to reach and beat with productivity. Win, win.
  Not certain what is on today’s agenda....but the Cawfee’s on! 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.