Author Topic: best glow glow jigs  (Read 3174 times)

Offline muskyjohn

• IceShanty Rookie
best glow glow jigs
« on: Mar 17, 2018, 02:45 AM »
What brand do you feel has the longest lasting glow, or is it a wash being about the same? Any stand outs? :icefish:

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
Re: best glow glow jigs
« Reply #1 on: Mar 17, 2018, 06:16 AM »
I got some glow from TNT last year (finally). When charged I could see the greenish glow in regular light.

Be advised they can get a backed up during the season. Best to order well off season so you get 'em by the time you want 'em.
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline Tuma

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 02, 2018, 12:11 PM »
Most seam about the same to me.  I have notice as the lure gets older the glow works less and less.  I just ordered some glow power to mix into a clear coat.  I am going to paint it on some of my favorite jigs that are no longer made.  Hopefully this will bring them back to where they were.  I will let you guys know it turns out after testing.
TINY RODWORKS  custom rods and tackle

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #3 on: Nov 02, 2018, 08:55 PM »
the wave length of the light source matters. 360nm is ideal. colors make a big difference on how well they hold and how bright they are while charged.
i like kodiak, fiska and bentley.
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_11?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=360nm+uv+light&sprefix=360nm+light%2Caps%2C500&crid=1ES6813A54W3A

Offline Alex Delarge

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Nov 11, 2018, 07:56 PM »
I used some of this paint last year and found the glow lasts longer than any jig I have. You have to put a couple coats but it is kinda thick so I just dip it in a couple times. This way you can turn any of your jigs into glow jigs. Clean them good and dip it, worked good for me.
http://glowinc.com/
It must be something in the water.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.