The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: just saying hello to yall from AK  (Read 2581 times)

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • one of my future ice buddies
just saying hello to yall from AK
« on: Jun 30, 2005, 11:34 PM »
hey guys,

Well i was just curious on how the fishing has been back home in PA so i decided to check out my favorite Website and check it out.  Looks like things are going really slow.  thats to bad....  Well so far in alaska has treated me pretty well.  I have caught countless fish of all sorts.  my biggest fish so far is a 75 pound halibut.  man did that thing fight.  So far the hatchery work is going great and im haviong lots of fun doing everything so far.  I think i have seen enough salmon to last me a lifetime and i have two more runs to do harvest and egg take with.  we are doing chum salmon eggtake at the present time.  they are pretty ugly fish.  any ways i will have lots of pics to post when i get home.  I cant wait to get home in time for steelhead season and then icefishing season. 

Good luck guys and take care.

JiggerMan ( dave)

RGIII keeps a bench mighty warm

Offline beerthirty

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: just saying hello to yall from AK
« Reply #1 on: Jul 05, 2005, 09:03 AM »
Hey Dave great to see you check back!! Hope you have a great time out there yet!! When you get back give me a call if you still have my #? Maybe we can do some steelie fishing this winter!! Or fall that is. Let me know!! I am heading up to Pulaski in October sometime so if you are around let me know and maybe we can hook up!! LATER!! Kenny
got fish? got beer? anyone see dr beam?

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • one of my future ice buddies
« Reply #2 on: Aug 26, 2005, 01:01 AM »
Beerthirty,

Is this the same kenny that went by beerjigger.   I am having a great in alaska and it will continue untill i come home hopefully.  We are starting to catch sivers ( coho ) out front of the bay.  My biggest so far is a 11 pounder but my girlfriend caught a 12 pounder the same day and beat like she usuall does.   Anyway I will be up here in AK untill Nov. 9 so i will all the salmon trips but i will be ready for some steelies when i get back and would love to go fishing with you.  either erie or ontario woulod be great.  If we go to ontario we would have to go to the west side tribs and if we go to erie we would most likely visit all the streams that steelies swim in.  Ill check this site agian some time soon. 

Dave ( jiggerman)

RGIII keeps a bench mighty warm

Offline beerthirty

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Aug 30, 2005, 05:56 AM »
It would be me Dave! My buddy was just up in Pulaski this past weekend and said the fish are really staging and they should be in the river in two weeks. So it may be a early day trip for me this year. We are still heading up in October though. I am gonna take advantage of that to catch some early steelies i hope anyway. With all the crazy people up there i gotta try to find a area away from all the whackos! Hope you two are still having a good time and awesome to hear about the coho's they were two dandies there!! At least we know who wears the pants in your relationship!! HA HA!!!(had to say that).... Ok well look me up when you get back hopefully it will be cold when you get back and the ice will be forming!! One other thing i want an early trip to Jean this year for some jumbo perch!! Talk to you soon!!! Kenny
got fish? got beer? anyone see dr beam?

Offline Fat Boy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Mason-Dixon - Crappie beware!
« Reply #4 on: Sep 14, 2005, 10:16 AM »
Hey Dave!  Good to hear from you.  Sounds like you are having a good time up there too!
Kevin Wilson
http://fatboysoutdoors.blogspot.com/

Don't Leave Fish to Find Fish!

Offline Icenutter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Sep 14, 2005, 12:06 PM »
Sounds like you are having a great time.  A buddy of mine left a week ago and is spending two weeks around the Anchorage area.  They are just traveling around and camping at different parks to see the scenery. 
Bring on the ice!!!!!!!  <br />      

Offline fastribs85

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Sep 21, 2005, 10:34 PM »
hey glad to hear ar they gettin ice yet casue i need some practice

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.