The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Yesterday @ Prompton Dam, Waymart PA.  (Read 2679 times)

Offline gbednash

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Sure beats sitting on the couch!
Yesterday @ Prompton Dam, Waymart PA.
« on: Dec 21, 2008, 06:11 AM »
The ice at the boat launch area measured between 2.5" to 3" yesterday, 12/20. There were slushy patches here and there when getting onto the ice. Caught a few small gills and perch. Lots of movement on the vexilar.
GAB

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
Re: Yesterday @ Prompton Dam, Waymart PA.
« Reply #1 on: Dec 21, 2008, 08:33 PM »
do you fish Prompton very often??

Offline gbednash

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 22, 2008, 05:04 AM »
I ice fish it on occasion. Never really caught anything big there, but have caught some decent fish in the summer there. Most anglers seem to ice fish it to the right of the boat launch area, midway between the narrow channel and the dam.
GAB

Offline BROWNSLAYER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 29, 2008, 11:30 PM »
well..... this place had the some of the best ice we found in the area, not crazy bout the place, but let me tell u guys, my opinion has changed dramatically.  My father and I fished Sunday morning, 6:30am til 9:00am, we iced two walleyes, one 22" and the other, 27".  Both were caught jigging on minnows and slip bobbers.  There were quite a few minature perch to fill the gaps, but I could not ask for a better day with my father.   And to put the iciing on the cake, he landed a 20" 5+ largemouth on 2lb test.   To be honest, I think I should put all the equipment away while I'm well ahead of the game.

Offline caddy084

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 30, 2008, 07:04 AM »
How much ice was on the lake?

Offline jove

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 08, 2009, 01:41 PM »
I ice fish it on occasion. Never really caught anything big there, but have caught some decent fish in the summer there. Most anglers seem to ice fish it to the right of the boat launch area, midway between the narrow channel and the dam.

Hey gbed. heard you were at white oak from my friends dad, how was the fishing? I'm heading out for the first time on sat. I agree with you on Prompton , the summer is like nigh and day compared to winter fishing, sometimes you murder them, sometimes not !!
NSend me an Email at G****X maybe we can all get together one of these weekends.

Offline gbednash

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 10, 2009, 04:48 AM »
Hey gbed. heard you were at white oak from my friends dad, how was the fishing? I'm heading out for the first time on sat. I agree with you on Prompton , the summer is like nigh and day compared to winter fishing, sometimes you murder them, sometimes not !!
NSend me an Email at G****X maybe we can all get together one of these weekends.

Hey Joe,
     Good to hear from you. I was catching perch and gills and an occasional largemouth and pickerill. Nothing of any great size, but I was just jigging. I'd love to get together with you guys sometime. My email @ work is [email protected] Well gotta go, I'm heading out to the pack to greet this storm front that's coming in. I was there yesterday, and the ice was 6" in the public launch cove. Caught some perch and a rockie. The perch were about 11". I'm hoping the front will stir things up. See you soon Joe, and good luck.

Jerry
GAB

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.