Author Topic: flip over fish houses  (Read 946 times)

Offline yooperdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
flip over fish houses
« on: Nov 22, 2017, 03:48 AM »
any one have any of the eskimo flip over shacks? i need to get a new one this year, an am trying to decide between the eskimos or to spend a little more and get a clam.  the true value hardware in calumet has several models of both brands on display. the clam does seem to be a little more compact and is 20 lbs lighter, but both brands have good reputations. they were stocking a new display of all the ice fishing rods, reels,tip ups etc. while i was looking at the new flip overs, sort of exciting to see all the new gear, excited to have a store carrying all of the gear here in the north end. they are going to run the live bait tank all winter also starting dec 1. if anyone needs minnows or walleye suckers . good luck to everyone this year and be safe.
da splake chaser

Offline river rat78

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: flip over fish houses
« Reply #1 on: Nov 22, 2017, 05:20 AM »
Good luck with your search. Are you looking for a 1 man or 2 man?

Offline Bodean

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 22, 2017, 06:23 AM »
I'm on my second clam flipovers I owned an Eskimo between the two clams imo it's no contest the clam is a better shack do your own research for me it's very important to be able to stand up inside my shack so take that into consideration when shopping

Offline BH2

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Dont wish your life away!
« Reply #3 on: Nov 22, 2017, 06:28 AM »
I have had an Eskimo quikflip 2 for at least 10 years its been a great shack. Very well built for the price. I wouldn't be afraid to buy another. JMO.

Offline Bodean

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Nov 22, 2017, 06:39 AM »
I'm not knocking the quikflip especially for price just not enough room last winter there were some killer deals for shacks on Craigslist . Guys go buy a brand new flipover take it out once realize how hard they pull by hand then sell

Online filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5 on: Nov 22, 2017, 07:14 AM »

It’s nice to able to go sit in them to get an idea of quality ,and many other factors involved , far as pulling they can be a bear , I don’t miss many days so a smitty comes in handy for this ol boy

Online filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6 on: Nov 22, 2017, 07:16 AM »
It’s nice to able to go sit in them to get an idea of quality ,lots of factors to consider  , far as pulling they can be a bear , I don’t miss many days so a smitty sled comes in handy for this ol boy

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.