Author Topic: Adopted a new ice fishing buddy  (Read 4868 times)

Offline waterlike

• Team IceShanty Addict
Adopted a new ice fishing buddy
« on: Jul 21, 2019, 05:28 PM »
I just adopted this guy last week. Turned one today. Mine's the white one midair. Can't wait for season to come around and have a buddy that is excited to go with me!

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Adopted a new ice fishing buddy
« Reply #1 on: Jul 21, 2019, 05:44 PM »

Nice 👍

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #2 on: Jul 21, 2019, 06:09 PM »
Congratulations!! Here’s to many great times to come.... :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #3 on: Jul 21, 2019, 09:15 PM »
Waterlike may you and you new buddy spend many years together fishing.
 Steve

Offline waterlike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jul 22, 2019, 10:53 AM »
Thanks guys. Very excited

Offline Tom1983

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jul 24, 2019, 03:26 PM »
Looks like you have a good ice fishing partner!

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Jul 26, 2019, 08:15 AM »
Hopefully he likes that Wyoming cold better than I do! ;D
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline waterlike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jul 26, 2019, 11:03 AM »
He has a lot more hair than you Slayer, so I think he was made for it ;D .

Offline jedhead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jul 31, 2019, 08:21 PM »
What's that, a water dog park?...... Pretty cool!

Offline waterlike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Aug 02, 2019, 01:18 PM »
yep. It's got 3 different sections, one with the Lake, one with no water, and one for shy scared dogs. Dogs get extra special attention here in Colorado ;D

Offline waterlike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Nov 01, 2019, 10:31 PM »
Well it's ice fishing season in Wyoming, super early. I got out once on Wednesday and didn't bring Bodie, but I went out today at a lake that probably had better ice and I brought him with me for the first time. He couldn't have had more fun. Me on the other hand, well I had a lot of fun too but it was a lot of work. I got stuck in a drift on the way in, so I let him out while I was digging myself out, and he did okay for a while running And rolling in the snow, but then he was gone. And I wasn't happy that I was stuck and lost my dog and it was going to be sub zero temperatures or wind chill at night. Thankfully 10 minutes later I dug myself out, and 5 minutes later here he comes over the hill Sprint and jumping like nothing happened. We got on the ice and I kept in tie to my sled just for safety. Caught one fish it was a fun trip.

Offline Sylvanboat

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Nov 02, 2019, 07:25 AM »
There ain't nuthin like a dawg.

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #12 on: Nov 02, 2019, 08:07 AM »
Very kool thanks for sharing!
Keep it safe! JDL

Offline Hookerhooker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Nov 02, 2019, 09:16 AM »
That is cool👍

Offline waterlike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Nov 02, 2019, 09:46 AM »
The good thing about Wyoming is it's the least populated state in the United States. Not only were there zero people at this lake, nobody had probably been there in a couple weeks. I am very conscious when I fish. This is not a situation where I was worried about him messing up other people. I was more worried about him because there was absolutely nobody around if I didn't find him. But, he came back. Also, he is trained. It was just his first time so he was excited. He's a good boy ;D

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #15 on: Nov 02, 2019, 10:44 AM »
Unlike some people, dogs are trainable. I have actually had a dog stop wagging his tail when he walked close to my rods. The guy fished next to me for several hours with three dogs and they bothered nothing while I was forced to listen to the music a nearby person was blasting through the subwoofers of his SUV.  ???
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline skifisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Nov 02, 2019, 11:35 AM »
Any person who thinks dogs should “remain in a cage, pure and simple.” shouldn’t have one!
I agree having a well trained animal is a blessing, but no dog is meant to be restrained that way. If you can’t control or properly train your pet, the problem isn’t the dogs...it’s most likely yours!
"Ice fishing...ah, the anticipation! 🎣”

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
« Reply #17 on: Nov 02, 2019, 04:53 PM »
Any person who thinks dogs should “remain in a cage, pure and simple.” shouldn’t have one!
I agree having a well trained animal is a blessing, but no dog is meant to be restrained that way. If you can’t control or properly train your pet, the problem isn’t the dogs...it’s most likely yours!

Well said sir.....!!

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #18 on: Nov 21, 2019, 10:52 AM »
I am sorry if the op thought I was referring that his dog shouldn't be allowed to run around on the ice.  I get it, dogs like to have fun too!  But if they won't listen and decide to do whatever they want, they shouldn't be in public, period!  I was merely making a comment and stating the facts.  Some dogs, be it there fault or their owners, don't belong on the ice.  I don't believe in caging dogs either, except for training purposes.  But, the facts are the facts, if your dog isn't trained enough, to not bother others who are fishing or doing anything else, they don't belong in public!

X2...I am not a fan of dogs. I don't like them nor do I hate them. They shouldn't be caged nor should they be allowed to run free. They're just not my critter of choice. I do respect those that do like them, but at the same time, we that don't care for them need to be respected too. Keep them to yourselves.
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline TickleStick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #19 on: Nov 21, 2019, 03:30 PM »
That is awesome, I need to get me a fishing buddy.

I wonder if one of my cats would be down???
WINTER IS COMING!

Offline waterlike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Nov 22, 2019, 10:23 PM »
I took your advice to heart snitch. I have trained my dog to bark at anybody in our group who is catching fish that is not me. Thank you for your advice. here is video evidence. Fast forward to 9:15 for the trained action.

Offline TickleStick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Nov 23, 2019, 12:08 AM »
I took your advice to heart snitch. I have trained my dog to bark at anybody in our group who is catching fish that is not me. Thank you for your advice. here is video evidence. Fast forward to 9:15 for the trained action.

Is that you fishing with Milliken?
WINTER IS COMING!

Offline waterlike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #22 on: Nov 23, 2019, 08:31 AM »
Yeah

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #23 on: Nov 23, 2019, 09:23 AM »
X2...I am not a fan of dogs. I don't like them nor do I hate them. They shouldn't be caged nor should they be allowed to run free. They're just not my critter of choice. I do respect those that do like them, but at the same time, we that don't care for them need to be respected too. Keep them to yourselves.

Please don't say you like CATS?
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline JohnJ1981

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • DEUS VULT
« Reply #24 on: Nov 23, 2019, 09:33 AM »

What are you, a communist? Don’t like dogs? Great! I don’t like people who don’t like dogs, does that mean I should tell you guys to keep to yourselves? Give me a break. Boohoo get over yourself, enjoy life while you still can. Stop worrying about other people’s joys that are actually wholesome and good. Maybe look into yourself and try to figure out why you wouldn’t like a critter who brings joy to literally billions of people. Or at the very least keep your mouth shut whilst others are enjoying their favorite critter IN PUBLIC which they are allowed so to do as long as the critter isn’t a public safety issue.
“Some of us are wise, and some of us are otherwise” M.R. Levin...

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #25 on: Nov 23, 2019, 10:17 AM »

What are you, a communist? Don’t like dogs? Great! I don’t like people who don’t like dogs, does that mean I should tell you guys to keep to yourselves? Give me a break. Boohoo get over yourself, enjoy life while you still can. Stop worrying about other people’s joys that are actually wholesome and good. Maybe look into yourself and try to figure out why you wouldn’t like a critter who brings joy to literally billions of people. Or at the very least keep your mouth shut whilst others are enjoying their favorite critter IN PUBLIC which they are allowed so to do as long as the critter isn’t a public safety issue.

First off, I'm not telling anyone not to like them...I respect their "joys" of their companions...you obviously read only what you wanted to read. Several years ago, I was charged at and viciously attacked by a dog that was running loose on PRIVATE property (which wasn't the dogs or the dogs owner...and the owner was no where around) which then became a PUBLIC,PERSONAL and SAFETY issue. And I was minding my OWN business by the way. As to your first comment...hardly. I served 4 years (proudly) during the Vietnam war so guys like you could continue to run your mouths freely, even when you stick your foot in it. And by the way, I like a LOT of people who like dogs...you're just not one of them. ;)

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #26 on: Nov 23, 2019, 10:18 AM »
Please don't say you like CATS?

I do  ;D

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #27 on: Nov 23, 2019, 10:26 AM »
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #28 on: Nov 23, 2019, 10:44 AM »
That is awesome, I need to get me a fishing buddy.

I wonder if one of my cats would be down???

Maybe we can hook up.  ;D

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
« Reply #29 on: Nov 23, 2019, 10:49 AM »
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.