Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1625991 times)

Online fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #27810 on: May 26, 2022, 03:38 PM »
Well the HVAC was fixed on Monday a belt and some electrical issues that were fixed, and now it has been running good all week, just been a busy week trying to get everything done before flying out to help my mom move.  Better stop by the store and grab the wife something for her birthday that is tomorrow and need to see how the doctors appointment went with her arm and see how the healing process is going.  Well have a good Thursday everyone as we are in the 80's for today and tomorrow and then like most Memorial day weekends rain and crappy weather coming in for the weekend.  Be safe everyone.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #27811 on: May 26, 2022, 06:59 PM »
Eddie
All is fine. Am working on getting my ole Honda ready for another cross country trip.
Might have to drop in on Marv on the way East.  ;)
Weather is warming up, ice is melting.
We did have some snow last Sunday though.  ::)

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27812 on: May 26, 2022, 07:10 PM »
WW yes the healing is about complete, now if I can just the deer flies to leave me alone.  Is mosquito spray a good choice for the flies ?
Deep woods off works pretty good  ;) 

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27813 on: May 26, 2022, 07:11 PM »
WW I was hoping someone would say it would
Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #27814 on: May 27, 2022, 04:30 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                         It's 62* and cloudy here on my hill. ::) The heay will start building here again, guessers are saying 90's* next week. :%$#!:
                         Bud...........I don't use much bug spray but I have found Ben's 100 to be the best. :flex:
                         Fish...........I'm glad the Ac was fixed and everything is up and running. :thumbsup: Happy Birthday to your wife. :clap:
                         H2l............Rain later today. :unsure: Good job catching the other day. :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:
                         Marv..........I hope all is well at "The Shack" and you're getting things done and the girls are catching fish. :thumbsup: :clap: :flex:
                         Wally.........I'm going to try and mow my lawn before the rain moves in today, I'm at every 4 day pace. :o
                         Dave.........If you're ever this far east, you're welcome to stop here. :whistle:
                         Eddie........I haven't been to my grandkids game yet, there mother hasn't given me the schedule. :blink:
                         Yesterday was another putter day here on my hill, my wife had things for me to do for her.
                         I hope evryone has a good Friday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27815 on: May 27, 2022, 04:53 AM »
Morning all,

FH4....happy birthday to MrsFH  :thumbsup:

IW....good luck getting the mowing done before the rain starts  ;)

WS.....fingers crossed the projects are going smoothly and the fish are feeding  ;D

Eddie....hope you got all the gardens finished up  :flex:

H2L....looks like Mother Nature will water the new lawn for a couple days  :clap:

IFF....I've also read that some essential oils like peppermint or eucalyptus sprayed on your skin/clothes work against deer/horse flies  ;)2

Nothing much on the planner today, a guy from Brinks security is coming between 12 - 5 to update the cell connection to our system

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #27816 on: May 27, 2022, 06:02 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Wally, Morning Everyone,
  63* and cloudy, thunderstorms expected this afternoon, mid 70’s for a high today.

Wally…sorry the Ontario trip was a bust, glad you got off the lake safely! That lake can get awful bad real quick. Congrats on the nice walleye and offering it up to the other fishermen…nice job!!  :clap: :thumbsup:
  Jeff…my Mom always said rain water was the best for the garden…maybe you can modify one of the downspouts to capture rain water in a barrel like a 35gl. trash can?  :thumbsup:
  Dave…thanks for the update, it amazes me how long the ice holds on up there, incredible!!  :thumbsup:
  FH4…Happy Birthday wishes to your wife Sir!!  Best wishes moving your Mom…good man!   :clap: :bow:
  Bud…those horse/deer flies just suck for lack of better words…nasty little critters. We use the Deep Woods Off here as well, but still find ourselves swatting at them…might try asking your neighbor what he uses?   :thumbsup:
  H2…congrats on the first trip and boating a few, awesome job!  :clap:  How was the boat traffic and launch?
  Marv…hope you had safe travels to the shack, best of luck to the ladies with the fishing!  :thumbsup:  Any plans of joining in with them for a few casts?

The garden is officially in, lwill see how it fares after this afternoon’s rain, lol. Got a feeling a few won’t make it, going to protect them as good as possible with a tarp.
  Grandson’s team chalked up another win last night, 12-6…believe he only has 1 more game left. Couldn’t understand why they had their Opening Day ceremony 3/4 of the way through the season…apparently it was due to construction going on at the park.  :cookoo:
  A little mowing left over from yesterday to catch up on and then we’ll see what the day brings…Cawfee’s still hot!   ;D
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27817 on: May 27, 2022, 06:20 AM »
Good Morning! 64* and cloudy.
Eddie, there was no one at the launch going in or coming out. Only saw a couple out on the water. This weekend things will change but I learned that this coming weekend most are here to open camps, get docks in, etc. I also think many are going to have more outside clean-up this year, with the winds and late snow storm.

Not going to water this morning, looks like rain on the way.

Lindsay is dropping Rocky off early Sat morning. She is going to Old Forge for a overnight get together with some friends.

Have a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #27818 on: May 27, 2022, 09:33 AM »
Good morning again,
         Bud I just had a rememberinhg thought, an old timer up here use to put  pine tar on to keep the bugs away lol

IW

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27819 on: May 27, 2022, 11:38 AM »
Morning all, 58° and pouring here, supposed to top out around 70 and rain most of the day.

Took the day off to do a bit of shooting before the rain started, then run into town to pay the property taxes and run a few other errands. There are 5 gas stations in town, and 3 had no gas today... could be an interesting summer  ::)

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27820 on: May 27, 2022, 06:17 PM »
Jeff:  think I  would pass on the pine tar :sick: :sick: :sick: I wouldn’t be losing anything  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: it would all be struck on me

I need something to celebrate, so I can do bacon wrapped tenderloin’s and garlic buttered shrimp on the grill for surf & turf.
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #27821 on: May 27, 2022, 09:16 PM »
 Good evening, cloudy here through all of the daylight hours. I had some rain earlier more forecast to fall overnight with possible thunderstorms. If weather guessers are correct i will see more rain and multiple thunder storms tomorrow. When checking on local news i saw something that may apply to my fellow New Yorker's if your electric/natural gas supplier is NYSEG or RG&E (both utilities owned by same parent company in 2023 you might see an increase of up to $18.00 per month in your bill . If the increase in rates is approved by the NY.Public Service Commission. The utilities claim this increase in money will be used for tree trimming to prevent the problems we have seen after major storms the past few years,plus they claim they both kept rate increases to a low percentage since November of 2020 to help people who were out of work due to Covid-19 pandemic.
A few of you have asked to be kept updated on the events of Newburgh School district at a special board meeting Thursday night the board approved the hiring of a new superintendent. Dr.Jackielyn Manning Campbell is currently an Assistant Superintendent with the New Rochelle,NY. school district.She will start on July 1ST. The Newburgh school district will still be paying Roberto Padilla who has been on leave since sometime in August of 2021 per an agreement reached in December of 201. Hee is receiving full salary and benefits until 2023. Unless he finds employment somewhere else. The two now former female district employees who accussed Mr.Padilla of sexual harassment filed a suit against him and the school district last month or in early May. I will post updates once the suit gets to court.
IFF just some information for you and others to consider on insect repellents any product containing the chemical compound DEET needs to be use with caution as DEET will damage synthetic clothing and certain plastics. If you were to adjust your eyeglasses after applying the product frames and possibly lenses could be damaged if both are plastic. There also a so health concerns about using products with over 25 percent DEET as active ingredient. There are repellents with a 20 percent Picaridin as active ingredient which does not damage the clothing other plastic items and supposedly is just as effective in repeeling insects as DEEt. Besides the two essential oils Wallyworld mention you can also try citronella oil.
Fish/hunt4ever Happy birthday to your wife. May your trip to Texas and the moving of your mother to florida be problem free.
Drifter good to hear all is good with you. I hope there has been no more flooding from the melting ice on area lakes.
Whooper Stopper may you have found everything in good order at the "Shack" . I hope you were able to knock a few items off of your project list and the girls had a good day fishing. Looking at weather maps appears your area of the country is also going to see some storms over this holiday weekend.
Ice Wanderer thank you for answering my question about the rain gutter.Wallyworld sorry to hear winds caused you to cut the lake Ontario fishing trip short. Nice of you to give your catch to the other fishermen.
Hunts2long congratulations on getting your boat out and catching some walleyes.Have fun dog sitting with Rocky.
Zcm-82 may your Memorial Day weekend not be washed out by rain each day.

The electric rate hike and story about new superintendent were both on my local newspaper's website go back a page and look for my post with a hyper link to newspaper's website. may everyone have a safe memorial day Weekend. please take a moment to remember our service personal who sacrificed their lives for our freedoms.

Steve

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27822 on: May 28, 2022, 05:28 AM »
Morning all,

MrC......hope the storms didn't cause any problems/damage  :-\

IFF.....celebrate having that fine food to bbq  ;)2

H2L.....have fun with Rocky  ;)

Eddie.....congrats to your grandson, sounds like they have a great team  :thumbsup:

WS.....hope your shack trip went well  :flex:

IW.....guessing things will be busy in your area this weekend  @)

No big plans today, some rain this morning then clear sailing for the rest of the weekend  :thumbsup:

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #27823 on: May 28, 2022, 05:54 AM »
Good Morning Wally, Morning Everyone,
  A damp foggy start here on the Hill this morning, 61* with more thunderstorms expected today, high of 71.

Steve…thanks for the school updates, would imagine Mr. Padilla will continue drawing that big salary until it runs out of steam or he’s convicted. Back in the early 70’s, I remember my Dad putting a repellent on us that was Amber in color and came in small bottle. Imagine it was DEET…smelled real nasty and burned like the dickens!  ;D
  Bud…hope you found something to celebrate with that fine meal, yum!   :thumbsup:
  Z…wow, haven’t seen any gas shortages here yet, but by the sounds of that , it probably won’t be long! “ Let’s Go Brandon “ keeps coming to mind.  :cookoo:
  H2…big weekend coming up for all on the reservoir, glad you beat the crowd with your trip!  :clap:
  Jeff…using pine tar is a new one to me!  ;D  We used it on baseball bats for grip…seemed to have sticky hands for days after, lol.
  Wally…we just need to get past today and things look better weather wise!  Hope a ride is on your planner for tomorrow!   :thumbsup:
  Marv…hope all is well at the shack and your to do list is getting shorter! Keeping the fingers crossed the ladies are having a slammer fishing trip…best of luck to them!   :thumbsup:

Found out yesterday I’m going to be a GrandPa again! My youngest son and his wife stopped by with my grandson Emerson…he was wearing a shirt which read “ I’m going to be a big brother “  ;D  That was a joyous time for sure.
  Not much planned for today yet, will see what happens with the forecast….Cawfee’s on!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27824 on: May 28, 2022, 06:12 AM »
60* and sunny. Didn't get much rain yesterday, hoping for some more today.
Eddie, CONGRATS to you son and his wife and your whole family.
Rocky should be here in about an hour.
Hope everyone has a good day and stay well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #27825 on: May 28, 2022, 07:37 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

60 with rain coming down.

Wow! I just got up a bit ago, I slept like a rock.

I will have to go back and read the posts as this time the reception was very poor at the shack.

WW... A no plan did can be a good day :thumbsup:

Eddie...Congratulation s to you and the entire family! Dang....Excellent news :clap: :clap:

h2l... Enjoy your time with Rocky :thumbsup:

I see some talk about bug spray. The mosquitoes were crazy at the shack. I have never been able to wear any as I frankly get sick from it. I tried all the different brands and finally decided to go without. The crazy thing is that for the most part I don't get bothered too much. We used to go into some real hell-holes at work and the guys were always amazed when the bugs left me alone while they were getting hammered even after being sprayed down.

The girls had a banner day on Thursday fishing. They caught 40+ bass and somewhere over 20 pike although all of those were small. Yesterday was like a switch got flipped and between the two of them only 5 fish were caught, crazy :cookoo:

I cleaned the chimney first off as it was raining when I arrived at the shack. We even tested it Thursday night as it was only 40 degrees and damp, and it worked like a champ. We were having a back draft problem so every time the stove door was opened you would get a face full of smoke, not a problem now.

Thursday-Friday I was able to knock down 4 good sized oak trees and cut up  with brush piled. I would like 1 more day of cutting before taking the splitter up for a work out.

When I got back yesterday I decided to mow the lawn which took me almost until dark, but I am glad #2 is in the books.

Nothing on the planner today except getting things hooked up and loaded for tomorrows tree job for my Niece weather permitting.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27826 on: May 28, 2022, 07:43 AM »
Eddie aka Grandpa......CONGRATS  :thumbsup: :clap: :thumbsup:

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #27827 on: May 28, 2022, 10:00 AM »
Eddie
This is yesterday afternoon. The big lake is still really locked up and my lake (the one above the n in Yellowknife is still white too.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27828 on: May 28, 2022, 06:15 PM »

Good afternoon ER's hope everyone is enjoying the weekend. Congratulations on the baby's parents and your family mason. Have been findind deals; a clam jr. for 5.00 and a shimano 2500 with rod for 10.00 which was dirty but spins like a top.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #27829 on: May 28, 2022, 07:42 PM »
Good evening, thankfully the rain storms were not that bad of-on up until around 5:30 PM. Currently the sun is out and setting. There was a small article in today's newspaper after doing an investigation the Orange County District Attorney found nothing criminal in the agreement between Mr.Padilla and the school district where Mr.Padilla will receive his salary and benefits until 2023 unless he finds other employment.
Eddie congratulations to your son and his wife,you and your wife and your DIL's parents on the coming child.
Wallyworld may the rain be over in your section of NY. and no damage from the storms.
Hunts2long may you have received some rain for your yard today. May Rocky not give you any problems during his visit.
Whopper Stopper congratulations to the girls on their banner day of fishing.  You were a busy man taking down 4 trees and getting them cut up plus piling the brush from the tress.
drifter thank you for the photo. How long do you estimate before you can use your boat to get to the cabin.
Old Goat may you and the family be having a good holiday weekend so far. Nice finds on the Clam shelter and Shimano reel and rod.

May everyone Have a pleasant evening.
 Steve

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #27830 on: May 28, 2022, 10:59 PM »
Probably another couple of weeks Steve.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27831 on: May 29, 2022, 04:43 AM »
Morning all,

WS.....congrats to all on the work done and fish caught  :flex:  hope today's tree work is problem free  ;)

Eddie....is Emerson excited to be a big brother  ???

MrC....no storm issues here, just a little rain  @)

H2L....hope Rocky was a good boy at Grandpa's  ;D

Lots of activity in the bird houses this year   :thumbsup:

The first bluebird hatch had 5 chicks, as far as I can tell 4 survived, coming to the mealworm feeders with Mom and Dad now  :clap:

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #27832 on: May 29, 2022, 05:01 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                        It's 55* and clear here on my hill. ::) A beautiful day is the forecast. :thumbsup:
                        Eddie..........Congrat ulations on the good news, I'm sure everyone is elated. :clap: :clap:
                        H2l.............I don't know if you got any rain but the guessers sure messed up the forecast for the past two day. :blink:
                        Marv...........I'm glad you were able to get most of the things done at "The Shack" and the girls got some fishing in. :flex:
                        Wally..........Yeah, things sure picked up around here, people opening their camps and a lot of visitors. Here in Thurman Station
                The Revolution Rail Co. opened yesterday, they're the peddle bikes that goes on the unused railroad tracks. They were quite busy and quite pricey. :whistle:
                        Dave..........Your ice seems to be hanging on a bit longer. :unsure:
                        Steve.........I don't think there was much they could do about Mr. Padillia getting paid till 2023 if it's in his contract, unless there was a clause that
                stated if he was let go for improper behavior. :cookoo:
                        OG.............I wish you a good weekend. :thumbsup:
                        Yesterday. I worked for my neighbor, we put in three docks, 2 on Trout Lake and the other on Loon Lake. We're not working the next 2 days being a
                holiday weekend.
                        I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27833 on: May 29, 2022, 06:12 AM »
52* and sunny.
WW, thanks for sharing the pictures.
Rocky has been pretty good, wife says he is a bed hog!
I thought for sure the holiday weekend would bring some rain. We did get a couple 5 or 10 minute showers.
My brother has a brush pile out behind his blueberrys. As he walked by the pile something caught his eye. A newborn fawn, still wet. Later in the day it was gone and there was a doe down by the wood splitter, he thinks she moved it, he has seen her there a couple time since.
The launch wasn't very busy at all yesterday. Have a good day and be safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #27834 on: May 29, 2022, 06:13 AM »
Good morning WW, IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

67 degrees to kick off the day with a high of 85 expected. Mr. Muggy rolled into town and will be with us for a couple says.

WW...Excellent pictures :thumbsup:

IW...Good job getting the 3 docks in  :thumbsup:

Just a quick "Hello" before getting ready to head to my Niece and husbands to work on their trees. I am hoping I can get it wrapped up by 1pm before the heat of the day hits.

Hope everyone has a good Sunday :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #27835 on: May 29, 2022, 06:42 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Sunshine and 56* to start the day off, high of 76 forecasted…if it would only stay like this for the rest of the summer!  ;D

Jeff…I hope your weekend job with your neighbor pays off with some new access to a few ice fish spots!  :tipup:  Agree on the weather guessers missing with their forecast, we barely got any rain to speak of here either.
  Wally…thanks for sharing the pictures, sure is nice seeing the babies again!   :clap: Going to be beautiful day today, hope you get an ice cream ride in later!   :thumbsup:
  Steve…similar weather here the last 2 days. Looked like we were going to get clobbered and it moved on. Safe travels if you’re heading to NJ for Memorial Day!   :thumbsup:
  Dave…thanks for the update, will share that picture with my sons later…amazing!   :thumbsup:
  Marv…give those ladies a high five on the catching, awesome job!!  :bow:  You got a good workout at the shack and a lot accomplished…hope today’s job goes smoothly, be careful with the saws! :thumbsup:
  OG…awesome score on the Clam and Shimano!!  :clap:
  H2…probably wasn’t the rain you were wanting for the new lawn, but every bit helps. Hope you’re having a good weekend with Rocky!   :thumbsup:

Thank you everyone for the kind words and congratulations…will pass them on to my son and DIL shortly!  :bow:
  A few chores to catch up on today and another patch of poison ivy I discovered yesterday to wipeout before anyone gets into it…namely me, lol.  Cawfee’s on…

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27836 on: May 29, 2022, 09:25 AM »
Good morning everyone

Quick note for me, see everyone is doing fine. Yes nice pictures to share WW

Big congratulations Eddie on family announcement.

Dennis that some great scoring’s

Got some nice weather here , almost hard to believe Wyoming, Montana getting winter weather warnings until Tuesday, have to blame that on Dave for not opening or closing the door/window up his way

Not much on my plate, going to kick back for this holiday, will no doubt be remembering departed brothers for their service for starters with my annual toast.

Best to all, stay safe and healthy
Bud

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27837 on: May 29, 2022, 09:29 AM »
It was 57 when I got up. Headed to the upper 8Os by what the guesser said. Cooldown guessed for later next week.

Bad or I should say sad week last week. On Tuesday a baker friend passed away. I had helped him set up his bakery when he moved it to our small town from a bigger one. He was famous for making a Muffin Bread that he shipped all over the country. He had been baking since he was a kid He was  82 when he passed away

Early on Friday morning, I got a call from my brother to tell me that his wife had passed away. I knew that she had dementia but he does not communicate with me very much so I did not know that she had developed other issues earlier in the week. She was 88.

Bud I see you posted while I was hunting and picking. I see my friends here have put their house up for sale so they can move to Tennesee. I am not sure where they are moving. He has a standing job offer from when they were down there looking around.

WW Thanks for the pictures. I think I have a cardinal's nest in the big bush by my back deck. I have not looked as I  do not want to disturb her if she is in there.

IW we have rails to trails here that are managed by our DNR. The first one was given to the state by the guy that bought an abandoned railroad line. He sold off the land that had businesses that paid rent to the RR for being on their land to the businesses to cover what he paid. It is around 30 miles long and goes through the small town where my shack is. it gets a  lot of uses. it is limited to non-motorized vehicles unless there is enough snow on it in the winter. Then you can ride snowmobiles on it.

I had been telling the wife all week if she needed to go for groceries she needs to get it done before the weekend. She went on Saturday. She said it was a  zoo. LOL
Eddie  Congratulations on having another grandchild to be able to spoil and then send them home for their parents to deal with.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27838 on: May 29, 2022, 09:33 AM »
TT…..sorry for your recent losses  :'(

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #27839 on: May 29, 2022, 10:21 AM »
The launch on Great Slave Lake in Yellowknife bay yesterday.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.