Author Topic: Glen Elder Ice reports  (Read 8332 times)

Offline squ1rr31_

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Addicted to freezing.
Again guys, posts are easier to find and keep organized if you keep them in a board strictly for the lake. Im going to merge this with the Glen elder post.

Offline bob moore

• IceShanty Rookie
glen elder ice
« Reply #31 on: Jan 17, 2015, 09:44 AM »
how does the ice look for Monday fishing trip any reports??

Offline squ1rr31_

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Addicted to freezing.
Re: glen elder ice
« Reply #32 on: Jan 17, 2015, 07:57 PM »
Going to move this to the post already going under the same name, please do so in the future. Thanks.

Offline CaptainT16

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Glen Elder Ice reports
« Reply #33 on: Jan 18, 2015, 08:18 AM »
I haven't personally heard since Friday, but looking at the temperatures the past few days, I wouldn't risk it.  Not sure if there would be any safe ice anywhere, but I wouldn't risk it now, plus fishing has been very slow there.  Stay safe!

Offline bluejays14

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Jan 18, 2015, 03:28 PM »
Just got back.  Had a great trip.  Fishing wasn't exactly great but it was plenty good for us.

Fished Friday night and Saturday morning and night.  Caught a total of 6 crappie, biggest 14 inches smallest 9 inches.  Caught a three pound catfish, two 2-pound white bass (and a dink), and a 21 inch walleye.  Lost three other walleye off our line.  Another fish almost broke my pole before it snapped off immediately.

People were complaining about the crappie, but that's what you get when you take home 20 crappie a piece.  I'll never understand why people think they need to keep that many fish, but if it is legal then it's legal.  After awhile they thin out, however.

Also can't believe how rude some fishermen were.  Had many people come stompin in and drill holes right next to us without even saying "hello", only to squeeze even closer after seeing us catch fish.  Some of them were very grumpy, almost like it was US who came in even though we had been there for hours.  Others are great and we met some great guys, some of whom offered their advice.

As far as ice reports, I also couldn't believe so many 4 wheelers even in warm and windy conditions.  The ice is still 6-8 inches, but that ice is melting fast and it opened up in one spot.  It won't be safe long.  I have a bad feeling someone is going to go through, especially if people are still on 4 wheelers this week.  Stay safe.

Anyway, thanks to Cawker City for a great trip, and Happy fishing everybody.

Offline swampdonkeyice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Jan 23, 2015, 12:18 PM »
Good report sir,

I always have people do that exact same thing to me.
I never understand why people are so grumpy, and want to fish so close.
I stay away from the crowds, fishing is usually better as well.

Offline paperchhound

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ICE FISHING IS A SICKNESS
« Reply #36 on: Jan 27, 2015, 11:52 AM »
Nice
VEXLIAR  $450.00 STRIKEMASTER ICE AUGER $400.00 CLAM ICE HOUSE $250.00  STCROIX JIG RODS $100.00  HEATER FOR ICE HOUSE $75.00 PAIL OF SLOB PERCH PRICELESS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.