Author Topic: Rigid for K-Drill  (Read 483 times)

Offline Bryfish84

• Team IceShanty Regular
Rigid for K-Drill
« on: Aug 27, 2018, 08:13 PM »
I’m going to buy a Rigid drill for my K-drill. Home Depot has some good deals on them right now. I am going to buy some bigger batteries for it however. Should I buy a 5 amp or two 4 amps? There is a orettt too deal for a two pack of the 4 amps. The Drill has 750# by the way. Should be powerful enough to run the K-Drill. I also plan on putting the Clam Plate on it.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
Re: Rigid for K-Drill
« Reply #1 on: Aug 27, 2018, 09:56 PM »
batteries sold outside of kit form do not qualify for the lsa. they carry a 3 year warranty.

given a choice, i'd want two batteries. one on the charger while one is working after you use first one up for job sites. 4 amp is enough and you have 4 more. so a total of 8 amps vs 5.

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #2 on: Aug 28, 2018, 04:21 AM »
Speaking of batteries. I will be using an auger/drill set-up for the first time this season. A guy that I fished with had one and he told me that while the cold does have an effect on battery life, getting them wet can be just as hard on them. So I am thinking of wrapping the battery in a piece of thin foam sheating (or something similar) and slipping a water-proof bag over it while in use, keeping the spare battery in a warm, dry place. Think this will help?
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline vanhln

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Aug 28, 2018, 08:31 AM »
Iceassin,
Here is one for you courtesy of Icescratcher.....
https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=348276.0

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #4 on: Aug 28, 2018, 09:29 AM »
Speaking of batteries. I will be using an auger/drill set-up for the first time this season. A guy that I fished with had one and he told me that while the cold does have an effect on battery life, getting them wet can be just as hard on them. So I am thinking of wrapping the battery in a piece of thin foam sheating (or something similar) and slipping a water-proof bag over it while in use, keeping the spare battery in a warm, dry place. Think this will help?
never had problems with water. i use menards bags (toughest i can find so far) and use the handle loops to attach it to the drill and the bungee of the kovac 2 helps keep it in place. if it rains or snows, it will stay dry.
i'll explain how to if you want to know. i write about it often.

Offline Tackle

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Aug 28, 2018, 09:32 AM »
Rigid will work fine, though it's the equivalent of driving a Miata or V6 mustang and saying you have a "sports car".  4amp vs 5amp is not going to be a huge difference.
See you on the ice!

Offline piersm2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Aug 28, 2018, 10:24 AM »
Does anyone know when the 1300 in lb hammer drill will be coming out?
Minnesconsin born and raised

Offline Mancaveburnett

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Aug 28, 2018, 10:40 AM »
Contractors use the cordless tool's out in all weather. I have had cordless tools for a long time and the snow doesn't bother them. The cold doesn't seem to bother the new batteries all that much as well. I store my batteries in above freezing temps and make sure they are charged.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.