The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: RC???  (Read 6842 times)

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
RC???
« on: Apr 05, 2008, 11:23 PM »
U around or r u floatin around in your ice suit on some lake in allegan?? Just checkin in on ya before i call lost child hotline. Get over to MFF!!

Offline fishhead16

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: RC???
« Reply #1 on: Apr 07, 2008, 12:00 AM »
Where oh where can our Danny be.... :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
"TEAM STINKY PINKY"

Offline RealityCheck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Apr 08, 2008, 08:33 PM »
Yeah I  am still here.  I don't have much time to mess around on line now...I am to busy making lots of moola.  I ended up finishing the season off up in cadillac fishing.  I caught lots of dinks.  But had a good time.  Just email me guys if ya wanna chat.  I am also in the hunt for a pickup truck...gotta get outa the neon.  I have slowly been puting away my ice fishing gear.  I am thinking about buying some more gear in the off season.  Oh ya and swampbuckster........I may have told a fib on our smelt numbers....lol  I guess paybacks are hell.  I am a fisherman...and I may lie from time to time.  Still though...you gotta admit the Hijinx out on Gull was alot more fun than last year. 

Love, Peace and Chicken Grease......
Bullet with a name on it.

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Apr 09, 2008, 10:36 PM »
WE LIED ABOUT GULL?? Thats new news to me??  lol, glad to see ur still around Danny!! I've gotta pickup fer sale if want ya one!!  We gotta git together and hit the open water again!! Glad to hear ur alright buddy!! Miss seein ya around!!!

Offline RealityCheck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Apr 13, 2008, 06:56 AM »
Well I pulled the trigger on a 03' chevy HD crew cab 1/2 ton pickup.  Of course it has 4 wheel drive etc..etc... now I can hall my shanty, and not break a sweat wedging it in. Like I did with the neon.   My truck is bigger than Vexy's but smaller then Fishehead.  So ...for the extended trips we will have to use fishhead's truck...... :D  I am ready now if we have a crummy ice year.  Just load the truck up and head north.....I have the lakes all scouted....just need a reason to go north.  I need fishing partners though...to split the gas bill. ;) 

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Apr 14, 2008, 07:46 PM »
DO u have the wonderful 6.0 in that puppy?? WHat do u mean partner?? theres one that lives a few 30 miles north of ya that'll go fishin anytime!

Offline RealityCheck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Apr 14, 2008, 08:23 PM »
Yep I have the 6.0.....and I figured on picking you up Vexy.  But why should we just pay for the gas....I have room for 2-3 more.....to help pay for gas. 

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Apr 16, 2008, 08:59 AM »
Ur really gonna need help payin for gas!! That 6.0 is a powerful motor but she doesnt know what gas mileage meens!! We're gonna have to find more recruits!!!

Offline RealityCheck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Apr 17, 2008, 06:21 PM »
That is what everyone saays...ohhhh my you will pay ....  but I say no way.  The truck tells how many gallons of gas has been run through it, and avg, mph for the life of the truck.  The average for the life of the truck so far is 14.7 mpg.  It gets 14-15 in the city.  And 18-19 on the high way...or so I am told.  I haven't had it long enough to tell.  Don't worry we won't have to break the bank to fish.  Besides how much do you spend on beer or mixed drinks at the bar?  So fishing is still cheap fun comparitively.

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Apr 17, 2008, 08:14 PM »
THe MPH sounds right, my dad's buddy has a 6.0, and mixed drinks are for wussies!!!  Strait up beer, and the occasional Hot Dam!!!  Word on the street is Bricks gettin a truck also! Then we have him to haul us all around also!!!  FInally got you two to step up and get some 4WD action!!!  U goin after the turkeys this spring?? Im headin out monday mornin for the 1st day of 1st season. 

Offline RealityCheck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Apr 19, 2008, 02:17 PM »
Turkey season...hmm.  I have done it.  I probably won't take a bird this year.  I like to let the other guys pull the trigger.....I do the calling.  Since I have started tjust calling I am two for two.  I have called in turkeys for my buddies two years in a row and they have gotten shots off at birds both times.  My personal best for calling them in is 3yds.  However, most of my friends suck at shooting....so the game bag has been empty the last 2 years.  So to sum it all up...give me a time and a place and I will talk dirty to the big boys and well...you have to do the rest.

Offline quiter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Does it really stink in here!
« Reply #11 on: Apr 19, 2008, 10:23 PM »
Sorry you work all the time. I know a lake up north where there are some big sommer gills. let me know

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Apr 20, 2008, 12:01 AM »
Def RC!!! I also do most of my calling for myself, my dad, dad's buddy, a couple other of my buddies, and i call for uriah.  Gonna get bricker a late season tag and try to kill him one.  If you call a bird into 3 yards of me he WILL not be leaving!!! I did have to shoot one 3 times last year, but it was a 64 yrd shot knocked em over and had to give em hell 2 more times.  I might have to git ya up here anyways to come call for me if i have a day that i have to go by myself......

Offline pine

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Apr 20, 2008, 08:55 PM »
you'll be lucky to get 14 highway with a 6.0
i had a 2002 HD crew cab that never got better than 12mpg..only truck i ever bought that i didn't keep 3 years. that one went down the road as soon as the 2003 hit the market.i have a 2006 crew cab that gets 19mpg 1/2 ton 5.3 liter

my wife has a 2007 surburban and it says it has used 1008 gallons and went 27,450 miles.that works out to 27mpg
i don't think that's posible.she also has the 5.3 and gets 16 mpg
love to ice fish

Offline Rumrunner

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Awwwww, go for it.
« Reply #14 on: Apr 22, 2008, 08:30 AM »
you'll be lucky to get 14 highway with a 6.0
i had a 2002 HD crew cab that never got better than 12mpg..only truck i ever bought that i didn't keep 3 years. that one went down the road as soon as the 2003 hit the market.i have a 2006 crew cab that gets 19mpg 1/2 ton 5.3 liter

my wife has a 2007 surburban and it says it has used 1008 gallons and went 27,450 miles.that works out to 27mpg
i don't think that's posible.she also has the 5.3 and gets 16 mpg

I have no idea why guys buy HD and SD and expect to see good mileage...LOL

Just tell the nay sayers you didnt buy it for the mileage....But you have to have something that hauls more than their Escape....LOL

M.I.R.C. 

Offline MrMarty51

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Apr 22, 2008, 08:44 AM »

Just tell the nay sayers you didnt buy it for the mileage....But you have to have something that hauls more than their Escape....LOL
:clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

"Every hour spent fishing is NOT taken from ones life"Quote from Grant Boyson

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Apr 22, 2008, 11:47 AM »

I'll 2nd mr martys hand claps!!!!  Rc sorry to say but i didnt even need ur help!! Called in 3 toms yesterday afternoon, me and dad managed to gun down 2 of the 3!!!  All done already!

Offline RealityCheck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Apr 22, 2008, 08:52 PM »
Hmmm...

I am going to have-to start checking this thread more often.  As far as the truck goes guys....I didn't buy it for the mileage.  I am happy just the way it is.  I am not lying  (this time ;))  about gas mileage on my truck. Everything is handling and living up to my expectations just fine. 

And Mr. Vexilar....I think that is one hell of a nice picture.  You my friend, are a game hog. 8)  So were all three tom's eating the corn you put out in a hub cap....or  just passing through?   8) :D :D

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Apr 25, 2008, 10:14 AM »
And Mr. Vexilar....I think that is one hell of a nice picture.  You my friend, are a game hog. Cool  So were all three tom's eating the corn you put out in a hub cap....or  just passing through?

U always get off on the thought of me cheating at everything i do!!!! Plus, its already a proven fact that i am THE game hog!!!! ;D

So we gonna get out and do some warm weather fishin this year???  Gull lake trout or pike sound like they could provide good entertainment!!

Offline RealityCheck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Apr 25, 2008, 05:38 PM »
Warm weather fishing?????? what's that? ::)  The last time I went fishing on the soft water was about 1 year ago.  I used to have some nice fishing holes.....but couldn't spend the proper time out on them.  I know you are all saying ...PRIORITIES!.  And I hear ya...you are all right.  I have kinda let the soft water fishing go.  I call in sick and spend most of my free time in the woods starting around sept 1.  So while I dink around from sept. to april.....I spend the rest of the time working harder than hell.  But for you Vexy.....I would make time to go....mainly cuzz you have the boat. ;D  As do all of my other "good" fishing partners.  If it is Gull lake pike or trout you want to target I have 20-30 spoons I would like to throw at them. Been A while since I have caught a pike.  Oh ya...I also like to drink while I am fishing......We aren't going to have a problem are we?... ;)

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Apr 25, 2008, 10:11 PM »
It should go alright! As long as you dont spill any of your fruity feminin mixed drinks on the boat carpet!!

Offline RealityCheck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Apr 26, 2008, 03:32 AM »
The only thing I will put in the boat is fish.  Instead of one of those frilly women they have on the front of old sail ships...there will be me holding a can of the high life, raising the level of the lake...one can at a time. ;)

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2008, 10:14 PM »
U comin up fer my grad party buddy?? I know fishheads comin, he'll pry make scruffy a tag along!! Plenty of area for a little indian village in the front and backyard!! June 14th, save the date!

Offline RealityCheck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2008, 06:28 PM »
Hey....

This is the first I have heard of a party.  I think June 14 is open on the calender also.  It sounds like a heck of a good time.  I will call you for all the important info.  I am thinking of bringing my wife too, if ya don't mind.  You need and fish??? ;).  Hey you notice how many people have checked this thread out?  You are a pretty popular person.....I just try to keep up.

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2008, 11:27 PM »
Im a regular stud RC!! Thought ud know that by now!?!?!Just got back from Sr. Prom just now, but yea come on up bring the wife, i dont care! No dont need any more fish!! THAT IS FOR SURE!!!!  Freezer is stocked full still.....  Give me a call anytime, ya got my information, have a good one pal!!

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2008, 11:28 PM »
Holy balls!!!! There is alot of ppl checkin this thread out!! They must wanna know what the hell we've been up to also!!!  Hey everyone!!

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2008, 11:59 PM »
haha funny funny

Offline RealityCheck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2008, 07:44 AM »
Sheesh,

Looks like ice fishing will cost more to do this year than ever.  Which is pretty sad...cuzz ice fishing really shouldn't cost a lot.  At least if you fish your local lakes.  My goal in life, is to live in between the lines.  When the government figures out  a way to tax me between the lines I am screwed.  The price of gas, food, and everything else has gone up way to much in MI. and everywhere else.  I know there is a lot of places to point the blame.  And I have heard them all, 10 times on the news. 

Here is on maybe you haven't heard.  I place a majority of the blame on commodities traders.  I will get a ton of "you don't know a darn thing" replies.  If I am wrong....I apologize in advance.  But I personally don't like to complain about something unless I have way to fix it or at least point out the "real" problem in my eyes.

Offline mud_n_fun

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Well? Where's the fish!!
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2008, 08:01 AM »
Ever since gas openned up on the market the price has sky rocketted. They set the price of gas by how much they think they can earn.
Just tees me off.
They need to take it back out of the traders  hands.
Hell I wouldn't even mind if the goverment set the price.
Anything would be better than this.

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2008, 10:44 PM »
YEP!! its gettin to be downright PATHETIC!!! Went up to hardy over the weekend, $100 to fill up the truck $60 into the boat (which was about as worthless as foreplay!!!) specially with a BIGGGGG tank, got home and there is a little over 1/2 tank left in the truck!! Ughh... .Better win some tournys this year or ima be livin on the streets in mud's new shanty!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.