The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: RATE YOUR 2007-08 ICE FISHING SEASON  (Read 1614 times)

Offline mich. pike

• IceShanty Rookie
RATE YOUR 2007-08 ICE FISHING SEASON
« on: Mar 25, 2008, 07:14 PM »
HELLO ICE FISHERMAN
MY FISHING STARTED SLOW IN DEC. AND GOT BETTER. PIKE AND GILL SIZE AND NUMBERS WAS DOWN. CRAPPIES SIZE WAS BIGGER AS OF LATE. NOT MUCH TIME TO GO THIS SEASON. WHAT WAS YOUR RESULTS?
...mich. pike ...

Offline jayswimmer09

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • flag!!! dont u love that word?
Re: RATE YOUR 2007-08 ICE FISHING SEASON
« Reply #1 on: Mar 25, 2008, 07:42 PM »
in my top 2, got by far more big fish than the last couple years. but when it comes to numbers last year tops it all

Offline sightfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • There's a method to my madness!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 25, 2008, 09:20 PM »
 My best year by far, I and even mastered (lake trout) a new species of fish. That is my goal for next year to, master another species as well, hopefully walleye.
"Oh honey don't worry ice fishing season is almost over"     Oh Yeah, then we got steelhead, then bass, then big lake salmon, then fall river salmon........etc.
 "As fish go through the water colume, so do the days of our lives".

Offline marcus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 25, 2008, 09:26 PM »
not great   life got in the way alot this year did manage some fish fry's and fun days of fishing but not as much as I would like plus other transportation issues really hindered my fishing either way I will be on the ice until at least the first week of april so I am not complaining. Did figure a few things out which will improve my success in years to come.

Offline carbidemanfishing

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Mar 25, 2008, 11:16 PM »
This was my first year icefishing since i had a bad injury which prevented me from doing it for atleast 10 years.It was a great season for me!I caught all the bluegills i wanted and by far the biggest crappies i ever had.The one fish i have had bad luck with is walleye but i will work on that this season.Thanks to everyone for posting all the info.

Offline rustyw

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Mar 26, 2008, 07:18 AM »
I had an awesome year I recently moved back to Michigan last fall and havent been Ice Fishing in 15 years. I targeted Pike and Walleye the entire season and caught limits of both many times out. Being able to fish with my brothers this year was priceless and to top that taking them out and seeing them catch those Hog walleyes was worth all the money and time I invested in this past season.

I have a nice fat freezer of walleye and pike and as a super added bonus I caught a 15 inch 2 pound 3 ounce Yellow Perch that is getting mounted  :o

I may even get back out one more time this weekend.. If I can get a good report on conditions.

Offline carver1

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I CANT LEAVE, I ALMOST HAD A BITE
« Reply #6 on: Mar 29, 2008, 06:14 PM »
worst season in a while...... Trust me I will make it up w/ the boat.... Watch out MFF

Offline c2223

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Mar 29, 2008, 07:23 PM »
As you know the ice this year came in and went out 3 times, the wind has blown since December, 1st and there is so much crap floating in the water it was hard for the fish to see to far, for you people that had cover from the wind I am sure you had a good year, I went out close to 30 times ended up with maybe 300 gills, on a good year it would have been around 800!

Offline skulldugary

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #8 on: Mar 30, 2008, 06:26 AM »
Did'nt get out as much as I usually do because of health problems,I'll just have to make up for it mext year.......if I'm alive... ;D

Offline rileyross

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "damn i forgot the bait"
« Reply #9 on: Mar 30, 2008, 02:01 PM »
On a scale of 1-10 i would give it a 7.  Some good outings some bad only got skunked once. Pretty good considering that this was my first year of serious ice fishing.
"Just thinkin about jiggin"

Offline waltergill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Mar 30, 2008, 03:55 PM »
this was a good year not the best caught a catfish through the ice finnaly and the crappies were running big this year caught alot of fish but they were almost messed up from the big thaw at the beging of the year but in the top three
That's a wopper!!!

I'ts huge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline WMUAngler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Mar 31, 2008, 07:10 AM »
It was my fist year back on the ice since I was a little kid, so I had a blast.  I didn't really get the hang of it until February, but I think next year will be a much more successful one.  Especially after I buy an Ice Gator.

Offline fishybill

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • insidious
« Reply #12 on: Mar 31, 2008, 10:24 AM »
had  decent year.  Did really well on the gills and the walleyes.  I could not find the big slab crappies to save my life.  I think I caught one crappie that was over 12". 
"Put duct tape on that, if it don't fix it atleast we'll know its ...... up"

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Mar 31, 2008, 08:27 PM »
Not as good as last year, but 2nd best season so far.  On the plus side, i got to meet a few hanyocks off IS this year and wasnt able to do that last year.  And the Gull Lake trip was pry the best time i've ever had fishin!! I cant wait to tell my grandkids about that trip!!

Offline jjmoser

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • give me cold temps and I'll keep em comming
« Reply #14 on: Apr 01, 2008, 07:33 AM »
Real good seson this year.  In my top 5, nice and long.  Did the best mid ice but nailed my biggins first and last.  And well thats about it this rain did it in looks like I need to get out and change gears to the open water.......see ya on the other side.

Offline Pork Rind

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Apr 01, 2008, 07:44 AM »
Had great year.  Lasted for awhile in this are of course 3 freezes and then thaws and refreezes.  Met some great new friends.  IS THE ICE BACK YET!!!! ;D ;D ;D  Next year I hope to meet a few of you guys face to face along with others from other sites. 
Pork Rind

Clam Pro Staff, Vexilar Pro Staff, Lure Lipstick Pro Staff, Aqua-Vu Pro Staff

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.