The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Anyone out there?  (Read 2407 times)

Offline Buck762

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll fish there too!
Anyone out there?
« on: Mar 15, 2008, 03:07 PM »
Anyone Still out ice fishin? Me and a buddy tried for splake today on Lake Maceday....got skunked, but still had a great time. Didn't see anybody on any of the local lakes.  Wondering if I didn't get memo or something?  Heading out tommorow too for what can be my last ice outing. Gonna try for perch and gills, i'm hoping I can locate them.

Offline spartaman12

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Anyone out there?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 15, 2008, 03:25 PM »
Anyone Still out ice fishin? Me and a buddy tried for splake today on Lake Maceday....got skunked, but still had a great time. Didn't see anybody on any of the local lakes.  Wondering if I didn't get memo or something?  Heading out tommorow too for what can be my last ice outing. Gonna try for perch and gills, i'm hoping I can locate them.

well considering we had to float on iceburgs to get to the ice last night- id say im done!
Another crappie.........yay!

Offline mud_n_fun

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Well? Where's the fish!!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 15, 2008, 03:28 PM »
Just got home from work and was going to go to gull.  But after the reports I am thinking I'll do some gill fishing tommorrow if the ice is good enough to take the kids with, wife's gotta work.

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
« Reply #3 on: Mar 15, 2008, 03:28 PM »
My brother in law and a couple other guys did a trip to the Gulf of Saginaw today. Haven't heard back yet as to how they did. Hope I don't have to do a trip to Canada to retrieve them!   :o

:tipup:
NBG

Mecosta County / Lakeview, Michigan

Offline mud_n_fun

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Well? Where's the fish!!
« Reply #4 on: Mar 15, 2008, 03:30 PM »
Was the ice that bad there sparta?

Offline Buck762

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll fish there too!
« Reply #5 on: Mar 15, 2008, 03:30 PM »
The ice is still decently thick in Oakland county. Thick enough to wish for a gas auger at least

Offline spartaman12

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Mar 15, 2008, 03:35 PM »
yeah i wouldnt go there again- we had to pick up big ass ice chunks and built a bridge then a 4 wheeler decided to go on our path and screwed everything up so we had to kinda of float on the big chunks. and the fishing was horrible

o and it was warm today also so i wouldnt really want to test the depleting weak ice
Another crappie.........yay!

Offline basskiller46

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "I swear I had a Bite"
« Reply #7 on: Mar 15, 2008, 05:01 PM »
I wasnt fishing but i went out onn wolverine lake just to walk around the ice was still decent but cracks are starting form around the lake
so it will probably be unsafe if this weather keeps up.

Stay Safe everyone

Offline fishhead16

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Mar 15, 2008, 05:11 PM »
I was out on a lake in Livingston Co. today and things looked fine, only about 6" of the shore was water where people were walking and driving quads,the rest of shore was solid. Roughly 10" of ice glad I had the power auger! ;D. I was still careful cuz fat man dont float!!! :woot:
"TEAM STINKY PINKY"

Offline Quack_Attack

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Mar 16, 2008, 10:23 AM »
Was out on a small private lake in Livingston Co. Sat. afternoon still a good 12" of solid ice with about 1" of slush on top.

"If a man is standing in the middle of a forest speaking and there is no woman around to hear him...is he still wrong?"
- - George Carlin

Offline mbrooks

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • If it swims I want to catch it
« Reply #10 on: Mar 16, 2008, 08:26 PM »
Fished Higgins this afternoon with no luck but there were still trucks driving around out there. It's gonna go fast though if we get the rain thier forecasting.
[IMG]

Offline toddkrem

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Mar 16, 2008, 10:44 PM »
Fished just west of Lansing and the ice was 10" deep with no slush.  it was fine. 

Offline fishhead16

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Mar 16, 2008, 10:47 PM »
Ummm... just west of Lansing? Maybe tomarrow? I think one more time,not ready to call it quites!
"TEAM STINKY PINKY"

Offline dabber-doo

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Dreaming about big gills and crappies !!!
« Reply #13 on: Mar 16, 2008, 10:50 PM »
HAHAHA that's what I love when living accross the boarder of the great U.P.. Was out all weekend and still over 3 feet ( Yes thats right 3 feet of ice on the lakes ). Will be fishing for long time here yet.  ;D ;D ;D :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :woot: :woot: :woot:
I've was on the ice and fishing Nov. 23rd 2008 and don't plan on stopping tell spring breakup 2009 !!!!

Offline fishybill

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • insidious
« Reply #14 on: Mar 17, 2008, 07:07 AM »
I caught 15 decent gills and crappies saturday.  Ice was over a foot but the top 8" or so was the grey honeycombed stuff.   We get all this rain its going to go quick.
"Put duct tape on that, if it don't fix it atleast we'll know its ...... up"

Offline jjmoser

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • give me cold temps and I'll keep em comming
« Reply #15 on: Mar 17, 2008, 07:24 AM »
Still 10" ice all weekend in Jackson County Irish hills area limited out Friday night and Sat morning medium to large gills and small to xtra medium on the crappies.  Sunday night fished before the dusk rush and released my perch, crappie and gill that was swimming around in my bucket.  Was able to take my brothers kids out and they had a fun time.   

Offline dabber-doo

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Dreaming about big gills and crappies !!!
« Reply #16 on: Mar 29, 2008, 12:00 AM »
Still almost bottoming out the auger here. YESSSSSSSSS
I've was on the ice and fishing Nov. 23rd 2008 and don't plan on stopping tell spring breakup 2009 !!!!

Offline carver1

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I CANT LEAVE, I ALMOST HAD A BITE
« Reply #17 on: Mar 29, 2008, 06:04 PM »
was on a good 10in on LSC today. My buddy did fall through at the shoreline... went to his neck. Fishing was off the hook yesterday but slow today

Offline ketchemall

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Mar 30, 2008, 03:58 PM »
was on a good 10in on LSC today. My buddy did fall through at the shoreline... went to his neck. Fishing was off the hook yesterday but slow today
lucky it ws only to his neck be carefull out there
REMOVED

Offline Team Icemonkey

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Mar 30, 2008, 06:39 PM »
We hit Long Lake in Ionia County this morning and there was a good 8" of ice out there. Didn't have to drill a hole because most holes could be busted open with a boot. We had consistent bite on specks through mid day.

Offline pine

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Mar 30, 2008, 10:01 PM »
we still have 20+ inches here..got to buy my new licence
love to ice fish

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.