Author Topic: Those Greedy Northerns  (Read 1462 times)

Offline The Common Man

• IceShanty Rookie
Those Greedy Northerns
« on: Mar 05, 2006, 09:24 PM »
I was at Flathorn today and had a good time chasing flags.  Had four up at once...I felt like Benny Hill running around.  I only caught two that were somewhat decent and missed a hog-swine.  I was really bummed because he may have been the 40 incher I have been waiting for.

Anyway, I pulled in a 24" Northern and saw a fish tail in his throat while extracting my hook.  I pulled it out and it was 14" burbot!    I pulled in another one that had fishing line and a leader hanging out of his mouth.  He had a wide gap Gamagatsu with a herring head on it stuck in his throat.  I pulled it all out and kicked him loose.  CSI Flathorn.

Offline Fishin Fireman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Life's Tougher and Funner in Alaska;
Re: Those Greedy Northerns
« Reply #1 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:16 AM »
Way to go, thanks for the rehab and C&R. Keep up after that big one, we only have til 12 March 10pm CST or 7pm here left in the tourney. Not that the tourney matters much as long as we are having fun fishing.

:tipup:

Brad

Offline summitx

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 06, 2006, 05:19 PM »
Did you use a 4 wheeler to get out there, tried a couple of weeks back on the sled and the temp light keeped coming on, no enough snow kicking up for the hyfax, going to try the 4 wheeler in a few days

Offline The Common Man

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 06, 2006, 08:03 PM »
Yep!  I took the wheeler and I had no problems at all.  The snow was pretty wind swept so liquid cooled machines, in my opinion, would continue to struggle.   I was worried about my air cooled sled because of warm temps and pulling the freight sled, but there were a few of those out there.  Of course with the ice road the wheelers work great anyway. 

Offline chef viktor

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 07, 2006, 08:05 PM »
Lucky dog! I am looking forward to this coming weekend can not wit! Trapper lake figure eight or flat horn? Your choice as we are leaving on Saturday flat horn might be better does not matter i just want to drink beer and fish!

Offline The Common Man

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Mar 07, 2006, 08:32 PM »
I would like to get to Trapper Lake if possible.  I have class during the day on Saturday, so Sunday fishing is my only option.  I will give you a call.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.