The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Ice fishing Georgetown Browns and Nevada Lakes  (Read 2690 times)

Offline playnpray

• IceShanty Rookie
Ice fishing Georgetown Browns and Nevada Lakes
« on: Nov 20, 2003, 12:11 AM »
I was out at Georgetown last weekend. There is about 7 inches of ice. I was just out checking it out. There were a few guys out from the pump station that had a nice little pile of fish approx 5 kokane salmon and 4-5 rainbows. I look forward to getting out there.
I am new to Deer Lodge and look to also explore Browns Lake and Nevada lake near Ovando as well as Canyon Ferry. Any reports from any of these lakes?

bschlauch

Re:Ice fishing Georgetown Browns and Nevada Lakes
« Reply #1 on: Nov 26, 2003, 12:56 PM »
I also fish these same lakes. I havent heard of anybody getting out yet on Nevada Creek Res or Browns yet. However, they both should have some ice. Ill let you know if I here any reports.

Offline playnpray

• IceShanty Rookie
Re:Ice fishing Georgetown Browns and Nevada Lakes
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2003, 12:44 AM »
I was up to both browns and Nevada Creek Res over the weekend.  Both have plenty of Ice over 8 inches.  Browns lake sure was cracking and shifting, sometimes the rumbles came right under ya.  That gets the heart racing.

I didn't have any luck at Browns but got out there late.
I did catch about 30 perch and a couple rainbows at Nevada though most of them in a short burst.  From about 4-5pm, I couldn't get my lines back in the water fast enough.  It was a little slow before and after that, but that hour was a blast!

Offline walleyehunter22

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Ice fishing Georgetown Browns and Nevada Lakes
« Reply #3 on: Jan 19, 2015, 05:50 PM »
I

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.