Author Topic: Plans for a small wood stove  (Read 1180 times)

Offline andrewdroth

• IceShanty Rookie
Plans for a small wood stove
« on: Oct 14, 2020, 01:10 PM »
Hey Gang,

A few years ago I made my own stove from a design I found online. I made a set of drawings, and finally got around to revising them to match my modifications.

I figured I'd share those plans here.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/19FPCoO7RLRPmnBjk81MaPHcXAdt-XFyY/view?usp=sharing

And the CAD model is here.
https://grabcad.com/library/small-wood-stove-v2-1

Offline andrewdroth

• IceShanty Rookie

Offline Otto

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hunt the Best, Hunt a Brittany! RIP Otto
Re: Plans for a small wood stove
« Reply #2 on: Oct 14, 2020, 07:44 PM »
Great project!  Nice work too

Offline gorf37

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Oct 14, 2020, 10:30 PM »
Hey could you please share an exterior photo of your hut?  My best friend has one built very similarly, although the middle of his is narrow so he can fit it inside his skimmer for travel.  He's a big wood stove aficionado too so he'll be excited to see all your set up.

Offline PIKE FISHERMAN

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based fishing!
« Reply #4 on: Oct 15, 2020, 08:17 AM »
Awesome work!!
Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based Bass, Pike, Fly fishing, Ice fishing, Brook fishing and Trolling. Feel free to follow along as I move through the Maine fishing seasons!!
My Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoA9o9knJAVeEkur3dDAMnA?view_as=subscriber

Offline andrewdroth

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Oct 15, 2020, 10:47 AM »
Hey could you please share an exterior photo of your hut?  My best friend has one built very similarly, although the middle of his is narrow so he can fit it inside his skimmer for travel.  He's a big wood stove aficionado too so he'll be excited to see all your set up.

Yeah. These are usually called Coquette's were I'm from I think they might have been manufactured somewhere in Alberta for a time. A buddy of mine wanted to build his own, but with a few design changes. Usually the folded up box would fit in the bed of a truck, about 6'. But he wanted it a little longer for extra room, so he went with 8'. And the vertical walls are usually more slanted, but that means you end up needing to hunch over more inside, so he extended the fold out arms and made the walls a bit steeper.

He asked me if I could sew the tarp for him, but I wasn't sure I could do a good job, so instead of potentially ruining his good tarp material, I did a test cover with some tarp I had. He did a test run with that for a fishing trip, and it went well (Except for being a little bright inside due to the thin tarp). So, he ended up making a second box, and putting his good tarp on that one, and giving me the original for my troubles. Good deal!

I ended up starting to make plans for this as well, but I don't think I ever finished those. Maybe I should.

Offline dsupercat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Oct 15, 2020, 04:30 PM »
Very nice work I'm sure you put a few hours into putting it together.  Nice work!

Offline gorf37

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Oct 16, 2020, 11:26 PM »
Thanks for sharing!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.