Author Topic: Hit Winni with team flatlander  (Read 1842 times)

Offline cSpike

• Team IceShanty Addict
Hit Winni with team flatlander
« on: Mar 29, 2008, 04:38 PM »
Team Flatlander and I headed north for one last shot at the pig white perch. Our buddy Dana got into them limiting out yesterday so we had a hot location. Problem was getting to it. We got lucky and found a remote road that stopped right where we needed to be. Walked down the hill and were fishing immediately. Started slow then around 9:30 the vex's lit up. I myself missed a bunch of fish as I think I was running to big a piece of bait. When I cut back my hook up ratio soared. NHFishah was high hook with I think 17 fish. Weag's had lunker. Dan the man pinpointed where we needed to fish with his trap, lol. Everyone got some type of injury today. OlRusty fell on ice at the commute meet spot. NHFishah and I got cut by perch (blood doesn't like to coagulate in the cold, looks like we both were involved in a mass murder) and Weags managed to hook himself in the upper lip with a Hali jig. Don't ask us how, he blamed it on the wind???????????
Come to think of it Dan went injury free.

I'll put pics up on my icefishing gallery.
That was our last ice fishing trip of the season. Probably lurk here a few more weeks then off to the open water boards.

It has been another fun yr.

Good luck everyone.

Spike
Traps? Who needs traps? I have a jig rod and a Vexilar!
gallery

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Hit Winni with team flatlander
« Reply #1 on: Mar 29, 2008, 04:41 PM »
Great job man!  Oh and "nice fish!"   LOL!

Offline NHFishah

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Card carrying member of "TEAM FLATLANDER"
« Reply #2 on: Mar 29, 2008, 05:34 PM »
Excellent way to end the season, some great fighting fish on light rods, some of those fillets are as big as smaller haddock fillets, I got my practice this afternoon, my hands are still pruned up. See everyone in three or so weeks when salmon season gets under way.
http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj70/mrkcrne05/Icce%20Fishing/?action=view&current=Flatlanders.flv

Offline hrdwtr24

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 29, 2008, 07:21 PM »
Very Nice Capt. Spike!! can't wait for pic's!...Bob..

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #4 on: Mar 29, 2008, 07:59 PM »
Sounds like a bunch of flatlanders to me! LOL. :laugh:

Glad you guys were able to make it out one last time and had fun with no serious injuries. Nice way to end the season.

Safe fishing on open water to you and your team, see you back here this fall. Thanks for keeping it fun.
JIGGIN.

Offline BrianF

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Mar 29, 2008, 08:06 PM »
Good job guys. Sounds like a first aid kit kinda day for sure. I've had those and yep fun but painful.

Going to go try for the white perch up on winni tomorrow morning for a couple of hours myself. Wish me luck.

-Brian

Offline Thunder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Mar 31, 2008, 09:55 AM »
Hey Capt I'm pretty sure I know where your hot hole is....

Me and my Dad were the two people fishing just out beyond your group and that was my blue Tundra parked at the end of the road. I've been fishing that area for years. The last few years the white perch numbers had been down but they came back pretty good this year.
bite it.... bite it....

Offline cSpike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Mar 31, 2008, 11:01 AM »
Hey Capt I'm pretty sure I know where your hot hole is....

Me and my Dad were the two people fishing just out beyond your group and that was my blue Tundra parked at the end of the road. I've been fishing that area for years. The last few years the white perch numbers had been down but they came back pretty good this year.

How did you guys end up doing? Once we moved where we did it seemed we did well compared to the spot we started at.
VT plates, that is a hike for some white perch. You should have drilled hole in the middle of us, we are flatlanders and accept that behavior, lol.
You left about the right time. We picked a few more and weren't to far behind you guys.

Spike
gallery

Offline Thunder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Mar 31, 2008, 11:10 AM »
It takes a little time in the morning swinging by AJ's to get bait but as long as the weather isn't bad it doesn't take me a whole lot longer then an hour door to ice. The fishing isn't great in my opinion around local ponds so whether I am fishing for white perch, lakers, bows or whatever I can catch I prefer to make the trip to winni and do it on average 10 times a winter and then maybe another 7 times in the spring with my boat.

I think we ended up with 14 or 15 and threw back 5 or 6 little ones. I picked up a decent laker as well that was about 22" and real healthy.
We weren't in a terrible spot but they seemed to be moving faster then normal. We would get a quick rush and the finder would be showing a ton of them but then by the time we could get two or three out they were gone.
bite it.... bite it....

Offline cSpike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Mar 31, 2008, 11:37 AM »
It takes a little time in the morning swinging by AJ's to get bait but as long as the weather isn't bad it doesn't take me a whole lot longer then an hour door to ice. The fishing isn't great in my opinion around local ponds so whether I am fishing for white perch, lakers, bows or whatever I can catch I prefer to make the trip to winni and do it on average 10 times a winter and then maybe another 7 times in the spring with my boat.

I think we ended up with 14 or 15 and threw back 5 or 6 little ones. I picked up a decent laker as well that was about 22" and real healthy.
We weren't in a terrible spot but they seemed to be moving faster then normal. We would get a quick rush and the finder would be showing a ton of them but then by the time we could get two or three out they were gone.

yeah that is how it went for us too. A couple guys cashed in big when they were there and ended up doing pretty good. i should have moved next to NHFishah when he was cashing in but I hated to leave my hot hole, lol. It never did heat  back up.........

Spike
gallery

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.