Author Topic: Cabelas still coming??  (Read 1271 times)

Offline Rob F.

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Quit Wishin, Go Fishing!!

Offline Fishback

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-CE!!!!
Re: Cabelas still coming??
« Reply #1 on: Mar 29, 2008, 07:17 AM »
A friend of mine's father is on the commercial planning board for Hooksett, NH. I asked him about it and is an almost certainty that it is coming. They are still working out details and ordinances and logistics. But he is very confident that we will have a Cabelas in NH.

Don't forget to support you local baitshops though!

Offline huntr-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 29, 2008, 08:58 AM »
I read that they have all the approvals and still are considering it , but because of the economy they were not going to start until 2009 or 2010. How ever the one in Scarborough Me. is to be open this spring. Other than the Maine sales tax ,which is less than any shipping cost that I pay now, the travel time is the same as I live in the center of NH. so either way I'll be happy to see anyone open !
There must be a twelve step program for this

Offline Rob F.

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Quit Wishin, Go Fishing!!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 29, 2008, 11:12 AM »
A buddy of mine  just posted a reply on the other forum I frequent a lot.

He said that he has a friend that has been trucking in land fill for the project for over 3 weeks now. He said its certain they are coming..

Does anyone know where this proposed site is going to be??

Offline BrianF

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Mar 29, 2008, 08:03 PM »
I heard 3A just north of exit 10 off of 93. There are several big lots up in there and that is where they were looking. There is also a super walmart going in just south of exit 10. I know the guy that will be managing that walmart when they are done and according to him, walmart was told that cabelas was going to happen (eventually). They claim it will pose no threat as the theory is that the wives will go to super walmart while the guys go to cabelas. They will just keep a low inventory on sporting goods I guess. How many bill dance spinnerbaits can you buy at walmart anyways.  ;D

I'll still shop the little local guys though for common things. Bigger items I still either order online or would go to the bigger stores.

Offline thefinlessbrown2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • fulfilling dreams in good company
« Reply #5 on: Mar 29, 2008, 11:19 PM »
what i hear is that the completion date will be 2009 or 2010 the issues that were  holding up the ground breaking was wet land and drainage issues complying with hooksett. its a definate go and will happen .just not as quick as thought.steves may take a big hit rileys may suffer a little and i over heard scott at wildlife talking a couple months ago he thinks wildlife is going to be the least affected by it but i beg to differ !! at least i know where my buck will go if i'm given the option lol.. 

Offline Fishback

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-CE!!!!
« Reply #6 on: Mar 31, 2008, 07:25 AM »
My sources say off of Hacket Hill Rd. It should be visible from Rt. 93 around the Hooksett tolls.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.