Author Topic: Yellow Perch Help  (Read 6771 times)

Offline Lv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Don't get your Shanty pantys in a bunch!!
Re: Yellow Perch Help
« Reply #60 on: Jan 22, 2021, 08:46 AM »
wow those are some pigs!! great fish.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day teach him how to fish and he will sit there and drink all day!!

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #61 on: Jan 22, 2021, 09:10 AM »
look at you killing BABIES again LOL.. nice job buddy, I expect no less...chance favors the prepared!

Not so tender but they look cool  @)
You count your years by the Winters.

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #62 on: Jan 22, 2021, 09:32 AM »
Not so tender but they look cool  @)

stews and sausage.. and out on the ice who cares if they are tough.. just make believe they are jerky!

that said, not sure I
've ever had a tough piece of properly prepared ( from butchery to table)venison.. I have had some that had those big swollen necks that weren't so tasty... not an issue in my area, they grow fat and happy on Chem lawn, ornamental flowers and hydrangea bushes, and when my lilacs bud but they seem to love to chomp on those  and rose buds...but those snacks come at a price in the fall ;D

I had bear once, didn't care for it, it wasn't one I shot ( have never shot or hunted for one) and I suspect the guy didn't care too much about the meat, he wanted a rug... but I bet prepared properly, it aint half bad.
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #63 on: Jan 22, 2021, 09:40 AM »
stews and sausage.. and out on the ice who cares if they are tough.. just make believe they are jerky!

that said, not sure I
've ever had a tough piece of properly prepared ( from butchery to table)venison.. I have had some that had those big swollen necks that weren't so tasty... not an issue in my area, they grow fat and happy on Chem lawn, ornamental flowers and hydrangea bushes, and when my lilacs bud but they seem to love to chomp on those  and rose buds...but those snacks come at a price in the fall ;D

I had bear once, didn't care for it, it wasn't one I shot ( have never shot or hunted for one) and I suspect the guy didn't care too much about the meat, he wanted a rug... but I bet prepared properly, it aint half bad.

Spot on Joe. Key word is properly.
Just add water.

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #64 on: Jan 22, 2021, 09:40 AM »
You nailed it, all in the care and prep the second the shot happens. You can make them all taste like Veal.

Every Bear I’ve taken has been phenomenal, I attribute that to having shot them on mountain sides where they feed on wild berries and nuts. If you shot one at say the dump in a Berlin, well then yeah, probably going to taste like a baby diaper  ;D
You count your years by the Winters.

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

Offline Uppervalley Kid

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #65 on: Jan 22, 2021, 10:00 AM »

that said, not sure I

Why I always cut up my deer, plus I get the cuts of meat the way I like them.
....¸><((((º>
.··´¯`·.¸.·><((((º>
·.¸.·´¯`·...¸.·><((((º>

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #66 on: Jan 22, 2021, 02:56 PM »
Nice job, Mike.
You reeled in some beauties!  :thumbsup:

Offline Ranetrain

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #67 on: Jan 23, 2021, 02:21 PM »
Yes. A true giant for sure. My experience pretty much fell right in line with all of the statements already made above about jumbos. A replica will be added to the man cave once we relocate with baby 2 on the way very soon. She can have a spot on my wall near my 17" crappie.

Wow what a hog! Did you weigh it? Has to be close to NH state record no? I believe record is somewhere around 15.5”/2.5lb?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.