Author Topic: Travel trailer bob house went through the ice of Lake Potanipo in Brookline  (Read 2292 times)

Offline FISHFACE_55

• IceShanty Rookie
Ice fishing is all well and good when the ice is solid, but this unlucky fisherman got a nasty surprise from the warmer weather we have been having.

This travel trailer bob house went through the ice of Lake Potanipo in Brookline on Friday. A group of helpful townfolk tried to take it out with a ramp truck, but that just tore off the rear bumper and the main trailer frame.

On Saturday, the trailer sank even deeper before being raised up and stabilized. The determined rescuers returned on Sunday to finish the job and pull the bob house out piece by piece. Folks were still fishing out the remaining pieces of debris on Monday.

Here is the link to story on WOKQ.
http://wokq.com/watch-these-people-pull-a-sunken-bob-house-out-of-lake-potanipo/?utm_source=sailthru&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=newsletter_5003557

Offline justatrout

• Team IceShanty Addict
I have never seen as many vehicle on the ice as are at potanipo

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
What a mess !!

Offline Rando5512

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'd rather go fishin'!
I just can't believe someone would put something that big on a lake with the winter we had this year. ??? ??? ???

Offline Icicle1

• Team IceShanty Regular
Use your noggin'!
Is it sometimes a fish being caught or you?

BrookieSlayer99

I just can't believe someone would put something that big on a lake with the winter we had this year. ??? ??? ???
Yeah that's a big bobhouse by any means... and to put it on the ice this year  ???

Offline Clams

• Team IceShanty Regular
You all know the weather was so cold and brutal this year that the comfort of a extremely large bob house was a nessessity.  :P

What a mess!

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
What a mess !!

sure is ..just plain ugly...it's also a scab on ice fisherman... "outsiders" see this and pronounce all ice fisherman as beer swilling care free slobs.
IMHO...what we are seeing this season are people reluctant to change their ways... they are determined to do things" the way they have always done it"... not taking into consideration local and seasonal conditions...it comes down to not only foolishness.. but plain old bone headed thinking.
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline dickbaker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
 ??? ::)  What about the idiot climbing on top of it while it was being winched!!  Now I suppose the owner will ask his insurance company to pay for it?
Dick

Offline Arctic Addict

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flagggg!!!!!
After this season, my next ice shanty build will will definitely float.
"Hope" is not a good fishing strategy!

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
sure is ..just plain ugly...it's also a scab on ice fisherman... "outsiders" see this and pronounce all ice fisherman as beer swilling care free slobs.
IMHO...what we are seeing this season are people reluctant to change their ways... they are determined to do things" the way they have always done it"... not taking into consideration local and seasonal conditions...it comes down to not only foolishness.. but plain old bone headed thinking.
Agreed. Being willing and able to adapt is a huge plus.

Offline IceDog88

• Team IceShanty Addict
What were they thinking when they put that big thing on the ice! That's an accident waiting to happen. Oh, and it did!

Offline winni bound

• IceShanty Rookie
Some people love DRAMA, at the expence of other ice fishermen. Trailer Trash?

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Deserves got nothing to do with it."
Saw someone with a similar house trailer trying to access Newfound last Friday. They both needed this instead.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.