Author Topic: idiots!!!  (Read 1064 times)

Offline dane grasso

• Team IceShanty Regular
idiots!!!
« on: Dec 30, 2013, 10:47 AM »
 :-\as we were leaving Canobie Lake after a good day of ffishing some idiots next to us  left dead fish on the ice why.  :-\ that way we get a bad rap because of idiots why don't they stay home we don't  want them on the ice
happy wife happy life

Offline GraniteBass

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: idiots!!!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 30, 2013, 11:28 AM »
Happens all the time and no, I don't get it either.

If you don't want to eat it or mount it, let it go back.
“There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.” - Steven Wright

Offline treeguymark

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 30, 2013, 11:36 AM »
Same here i hate cleaning fish therefore i throw them all back in ! If your not gonna eat it throw it back !!
fishin is my mission !!

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 30, 2013, 11:44 AM »

Couldn't agree more.  Some friends and I were at a NO BASS Derby a couple of years ago and saw this group pull in a couple of really good sized bass (easily over 3lbs each) and they had them lying on the ice for hours. We figured they were going to take them home until as they were leaving they walked by us on their way out and asked if we wanted them, as they didn't.  Why kill them if you are not going to eat them

Makes no sense...

Offline joelucci3

• IceShanty Rookie
  • No fish today, atleast we caught a good buzz
« Reply #4 on: Dec 30, 2013, 12:31 PM »
was there in the AM...but no flags...so wasnt us.  Only saw a couple other guys on the lake.

Offline NickM

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 30, 2013, 04:14 PM »
What a senseless thing to do.

The only scenario I can imagine where it would almost make sense is if you got hooked into the gills or guts and the fish was doomed by the time you got it off. Maybe let it go quickly and not linger? At the very least, put the body back through the ice, or use it for bait if you aren't going to eat it. They are only fish, but there's no point taking life and reducing the fishery for the heck of it.

Offline treeguymark

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 30, 2013, 04:20 PM »
or to just leave them for the dump ducks !! just put them back under ! it was just wasteful and as we were leaveing a non fisher was walking his dogs and thats the kind of stuff that they dont want to see !! :%$#!:
fishin is my mission !!

Offline BrianF

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Dec 30, 2013, 04:58 PM »
Could it be that it fell out of their sled or they forgot it? When I keep fish I often just leave them near the holes they come out of then come around with a bucket.

Offline treeguymark

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Dec 30, 2013, 05:00 PM »
nope  they were laying around a few different holes !
fishin is my mission !!

Offline GraniteBass

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Dec 30, 2013, 05:27 PM »
I just remembered that we discussed this before. Actually, leaving fish on the ice is likely to be illegal - wanton waste.

See this topic from last season:

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=243447.0
“There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.” - Steven Wright

Offline ammoguy5

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 30, 2013, 06:50 PM »
I catch and release everything,  I hate when people keep their catch and then ask others if they want it.. If You don't intend on eating it Release It!
I Fish, Therefore I Am

Offline Ice ninja

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Dec 30, 2013, 06:52 PM »
That crap pisses me off when people do that.

Offline whitewing

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Dec 30, 2013, 07:02 PM »
Agree. Gives everyone a bad name. But nothing in nature goes to waste, catch post for Pleasant Lake (Deerfield). Bald eagles picking dead fish off the ice. If you've never seen a mature bald eagle up close -  when you do it will take your breath away!!

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Dec 30, 2013, 07:04 PM »
Walked past a half dozen curled up frozen pickerel on my way off the ice yesterday, not one had bled out, just left to freeze... was the only bummer of the whole day.
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline BOWLHOGS

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Dec 30, 2013, 07:35 PM »
 i see no problem   givin away some pickerelas or perchetts  to the seagulls  eagles and  bald eagles   they always   clean up there mess and most ponds are over flooded with them....  and yes i witnessed to bald eagles  2 weeks in a row  snacking on some   freshly  caught pickerela      ITS A WIN WIN   for all            :tipup:

Offline perch boy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Dec 30, 2013, 07:45 PM »
I just want to know where do all the gulls come from? Amazing. You can sit in your truck and look at the pond and not a bird in sight. You put one foot on the pond and bam there they are. Too funny. But I don't see a problem feeding the gulls/eagles/herons etc. while I am there. It makes for good watching. Two years ago on Big Squam we even had a Turkey swoop down on one.  I try not to leave a parcel of dead ones when I leave. but while I am there I will feed them. No trout but perch pickerel and Salmon no problem.  I am kidding about the salmon boys. LOL

PB

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.