Author Topic: Big stone help  (Read 3848 times)

Offline mags83

• IceShanty Rookie
Big stone help
« on: Jul 02, 2022, 11:28 PM »
Dad and sons trip…..looking to make some memories with my boys.  Headed to new water for me and looking for any tips to make it memorable.  Any certain lures, bait, or general tactics that you would share would be greatly appreciated.  Would be willing to report back to reciprocate.  Thank you!

Offline Dinosaur1

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Big stone help
« Reply #1 on: Jul 06, 2022, 12:25 PM »
Don’t know if this is still relevant but it depends to some degree on the age of the kids and what type of fish. Every situation is different but constant is everyone wants to catch fish and everyone enjoys the fight. A great many variables here. Post a few and someone will give it a shot.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #2 on: Jul 06, 2022, 12:41 PM »
A lot of water to fish and most of it fairly shallow. I would stop at a local bait shop, buy some bait, and ask some questions. They are good at sending you where the bite is. I haven't fished  Bigstone for about thirty years,  so no better advice.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline mags83

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jul 06, 2022, 05:12 PM »
We will have 4 dads that are experienced.  Kids will be age 8-14.  Will be bringing portables and more than likely some quads.  Fishing will be mid January.  Can anybody use Arties roads if you pay, or do you have to be staying with them? 

Offline HWeber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jul 08, 2022, 11:14 AM »
We will have 4 dads that are experienced.  Kids will be age 8-14.  Will be bringing portables and more than likely some quads.  Fishing will be mid January.  Can anybody use Arties roads if you pay, or do you have to be staying with them?

Last year Artie's was taking donations for the road. Schmidt's landing will charge to access at their road access. No idea if the roads join up. Arties has great spikes usually and can point you in the right direction. Stay mobile and you'll catch fish. Generally smaller baits there seem to work. Large gills mixed in if you're lucky

Offline soaknwet

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Oct 05, 2022, 08:58 AM »
I have never fished Big Stone, but plan on starting this ice season. I follow Artie's on facebook, they seem to be very helpful.
The river goes on forever and the fishing never ends.........

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.