Author Topic: BLADE BAITS  (Read 1860 times)

Offline DIRTBALL2

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
BLADE BAITS
« on: Feb 19, 2004, 11:11 AM »
Can anybody here give me an idea about how to use blade baits like the Cicada or the Zip Lure? They look kind of interesting and I would like to give them a try. As always, I would greatly appreciate any help. Tak sa myckat! :)
YOU CAN'T BS AN OLD BS'ER!

Offline wallyguy

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: BLADE BAITS
« Reply #1 on: Feb 22, 2004, 11:45 AM »
i use them just like a jig rip them up then let them flutter down watch your line as the bite happens on the flutter most times

Offline big walleye

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats life on the Hardwater!!!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 29, 2004, 12:40 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D Yup just as wallyguy says rip them and let them flutter down. I also slow jig them. I have caught some really nice pike during the winter months on these.
Enjoy life now!!!! Get on the Hardwater before it melts away!!!

Offline Swift

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 08, 2004, 08:47 PM »
Have used small Cicadas ripped as an attractor for Perch at times. They tend to be a curious fish that will check out bottom noises/movement, sometimes they will hit the Cicada but usually will hit the juicy little bobber fry jig thats a foot or 2 away looking helpless. Doesn't seem to work as well on gills or crappies but have caught some of my nicer ones on really slow days doing this.

Offline Fishrmn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Prayin' for sub-zero temps.
« Reply #4 on: Dec 10, 2004, 10:19 AM »
When Utah Lake freezes the sporting goods stores around here can't keep Sonar lures in stock.  They're the only things that will catch the white bass.  Rip 'em, and let 'em flutter back.

Fishrmn
Fishrmn

"I tolerate with the utmost latitude the right of others to differ from me in opinion." Thomas Jefferson

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.