Author Topic: PVC !!! Show us your PVC, Build, add-on, rod holders, ETC. Any with PVC pipe!  (Read 263140 times)

Offline tbern

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Looks good!  :clap:

Offline ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Question for those of you who have PVC racks for your sleds: do you remove them form the sled for transporting to and from the ice? Or do you attach it right to the sled?

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Hey, AltaIce! how'd that Old Baby Stroller project turn out?

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
Question for those of you who have PVC racks for your sleds: do you remove them form the sled for transporting to and from the ice? Or do you attach it right to the sled?

Considering doing it myself...leaning toward removable...sorta. Maybe making sleeves of 1.25" PVC attached to the sled (level...or close to the top edge and make permanent) then make the rack(s) of 1" (removable). One at each end or side of the sled designed to hold the augers is my plan.
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Considering doing it myself...leaning toward removable...sorta. Maybe making sleeves of 1.25" PVC attached to the sled (level with the top edge and make permanent) then make the rack(s) of 1" (removable). One at each end or side of the sled designed to hold the augers is my plan.

Interesting thought. i figured if i made it connected and removable, it would be more sturdy sitting on the ice all day

oh, and the smitty is in the works as well. time to up my game a bit on the hard water

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
Icassin, you have me thinking... sounds much better for the back.

AltaIce, I will be keeping an eye out for a stroller! lol  Hope all is well with you and yours.
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
Well, it's not PVC...but it is an "add-on". My 4" auger saver...6" X 1" pine disc primed, painted and urethaned. Attached to shaft with 2 rubber sleeves and hose clamps on each side. Now I just need the drill adapter as soon as they become available.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
Well, it's not PVC...but it is an "add-on". My 4" auger saver...6" X 1" pine disc primed, painted and urethaned. Attached to shaft with 2 rubber sleeves and hose clamps on each side. Now I just need the drill adapter as soon as they become available.

Good idea, I am sure others will be taking a shot at making these.

<===Lefty===

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
Good idea, I am sure others will be taking a shot at making these.

Had everything around the house except 1 hose clamp.

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Thinking similar with my jasper circle jig and my router.. make a few out of  polycarbenate.1/2 inch polycarbonate like a 8 or 9  inch for my augers.. them assemble to a clam plate.. that is a awesome idea any how..

Offline SirCranksalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
My first 'auger keeper'was crude and simple.I just put a loose fitting U-bolt around the shaft. There is no big reason why the keeper needs to be circular unless you count asthetics(sp?)   
Keep yer stick on the ice!

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
There is no big reason why the keeper needs to be circular unless you count asthetics(sp?)

I agree, actually round ones are heavier, and harder to pack with other gear..

I used a piece of oak when the round plastic one broke..

<°)))>{

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
I think I would rather have a round saver than a square, triangle or any other shape...or a bolt sticking out. I could only imagine the accidents waiting to happen. :o

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
I agree, actually round ones are heavier, and harder to pack with other gear..

I used a piece of oak when the round plastic one broke..

<°)))>{
d

Are you talikng about the blade cover?

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
d

Are you talikng about the blade cover?

No, the piece of wood that keeps the auger from Davey Jones...

<°)))>{

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I think I would rather have a round saver than a square, triangle or any other shape...or a bolt sticking out. I could only imagine the accidents waiting to happen. :o

Exactly!

Offline SirCranksalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
No, you just make sure it's loos fitting so that it does not get caught up!

Iceassin----I might have to sue you for patent infringement!! ;D ;)
Keep yer stick on the ice!

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic

What say we split the profits AND I take you to one of my favorite fishing spots? ;D

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic

I actually have the saver tight to the shaft. I drilled the hole large enough to fit over the larger diameter of it...about 1.125 inches. Then there is a spot on the shaft that's about .75 inches. I wrapped enough cloth type electrical tape around that portion of it so that the saver could be "squeezed" over it nice and snug, then attached the pieces of rubber hose and clamps on each side. Pretty rock solid.

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
Hi "ATC"         My PVC rack is permanently fastened to my sled, I designed it to just fit into the back of my vehicle as one piece. I didn't see the need to have it in two separate units, as I strictly use the sled for ice fishing. ( One person wants to barrow it for their duck hunting trips.)
   AltaIce
                    @)
  " I Don't Fail …  I Succeed In Finding What Does Not Work "

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
Hey, AltaIce! how'd that Old Baby Stroller project turn out?

Hi Ya "rdhammah."    I have not started it as of yet. I decided to make it a winter project. I think of it every couple of days in my head and build it and rebuild it, LOL... So when i start to work on it this winter, I should have it figured out, LMAO.  I still plan on strictly using ( and reuse) odd ball stuff I can find in my little work shop, LOL...   
    Thanks for checking in with it.  I will keep you posted.
   AltaIce
                 @)

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
Icassin, you have me thinking... sounds much better for the back.

AltaIce, I will be keeping an eye out for a stroller! lol  Hope all is well with you and yours.
  Hey Bart!   All is going well here, Sir.  Hope all is well with you and yours as well.  I will have to keep you and everyone posted on the progress
regarding my summer time tackle box/gear stroller... I have decided to make it a winter project. Thanks to you and everyone that have checked on it's progress.  That means I have to get it done for sure, LMAO!...  ( Did you have any builds this summer we need to check out or anything inside your head that is dying to be built? I know your building brain is always working in overload! Hee Hee. )

AtaIce
              @)

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta

Hi "Iceassin!"  Hey Man no sweat at all Iceassin, it doesn't have to be strictly a PVC item add on or build... ( My stroller will not have a lot of PVC on it or any)  It's just neat to see any new builds or add ons for sure.  The "auger saver" looks cool and I bet it works like a charm.  Cool! Thanks for sharing your builds and ideas.  Remember, PVC or not, it's the add on or build that keeps us busy and working with our hands and minds,
so that can't be a bad thing.. LOL  Thanks again for sharing, cool!

AltaIce
                     @)

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
Well, I think I've finally got it figured out... a carrying case for my (HT cross stick style) tip ups. Materials include: camp chair bag, cardboard box, bubble wrap ,waterproof padding, adhesive and tape. Pics upon completion. ;)

I've already modified my minnow bucket. I moved the handle from the side and mounted it on the lid...screwed the lid into the top of the bucket so it doesn't pull off when carrying...it now slides nicely into a 5 gal. bucket

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
Ok, foam is a form of plastic...I use those foam ear plugs on my tip up hooks to protect during transport and storage. Keeps 'em clean and sharp.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
Ok, foam is a form of plastic...I use those foam ear plugs on my tip up hooks to protect during transport and storage. Keeps 'em clean and sharp.

<===Lefty===

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta

Hi "Iceassin!"    Man that's an excellent way to protect the hooks and perhaps less tangles  ( if one keeps their hooks all bunched up in the same holder in the plastic hook containers, like myself...)   As well, I'm not sure about your neck of the woods but all the hooks here are to be barbless, so that makes it even easier to use the foam ear plugs. What an awesome idea, thanks!

AltaIce
                @)

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic

Hi "Iceassin!"    Man that's an excellent way to protect the hooks and perhaps less tangles  ( if one keeps their hooks all bunched up in the same holder in the plastic hook containers, like myself...)   As well, I'm not sure about your neck of the woods but all the hooks here are to be barbless, so that makes it even easier to use the foam ear plugs. What an awesome idea, thanks!

AltaIce
                @)

Little bit of Gorilla Glue on it then "stuffed" it into the channel on my tip up:

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
  Greeting everyone!

I imagine that everyone is getting ready for the new ice season on the way. 

So are there any new builds or projects on the way or being built or are already ready for the new season?
Any photos for show and tell?  LOL.

AltaIce
               @)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.