New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Help support our new fishing club!  (Read 12449 times)

Offline B-P Fish Club

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Help support our new fishing club!
« Reply #60 on: Mar 02, 2016, 10:10 AM »
Thanks guys!
I am just paying it forward. Lots of people helped to get me to where I am today so I am just returning the favor.  I am enjoying the process just as much as the kids   ;D

Offline B-P Fish Club

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #61 on: Mar 02, 2016, 10:13 AM »
Hey Fishy1, we received your second package today! Thanks again! You are awesome.

Offline o2rmk800

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #62 on: Mar 04, 2016, 06:19 PM »
I see in today's Leader Herald that there is going to be an article about the club in Sunday's edition in the travel section.

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #63 on: Mar 04, 2016, 06:23 PM »
I see in today's Leader Herald that there is going to be an article about the club in Sunday's edition in the travel section.

That's awesome!
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #64 on: Mar 04, 2016, 06:47 PM »
Back then some of us were lucky enough to have grandfathers, fathers, uncles who were willing to teach us the fine art of fishing. It sure took a lot of patience & practice to get us to learn it the right way, but when things came together, and lessons were learned, there were smiles and congrats goin all around. I sure miss those days, but I hope to pass along some of the lessons I've learned, along with a few new tricks someday. The huge proud smile you get when a youngster hooks and lands their first fish is well worth it.......Just my 2 cents worth.      GOOD LUCK KIDS!!!

You are so right..  Fishing with my gramps with a cane pole at the crick with  garden dug worms...
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline tarmstrong24

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Can't see that from your couch!
« Reply #65 on: Mar 04, 2016, 07:22 PM »
It may take some time, but I will gather up a mixed bag of stuff for you guys, great idea and I hope your program continues to flourish.

Offline B-P Fish Club

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #66 on: Mar 06, 2016, 08:17 PM »
Great article about the fishing club in the Leader Herald today. A special thanks to Rob Javarone for writing the piece. He spent the day with us out on the ice and fished with the kids.

The first few months of our club have been outstanding! Looking forward to getting the kids out on open water soon.

Offline B-P Fish Club

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #67 on: Mar 06, 2016, 08:45 PM »
On another note, I was able to get on Lake George today for the last time this season. Didn't take any kids because of safety concerns, but I did meet up with some friends including Gadway and Crappiekillr. We did extremely well with the perch bite and I was able to land this beauty on my jig rod. I got lucky! Great way to close out the ice fishing season!  ;D

Offline Gadway

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #68 on: Mar 07, 2016, 11:07 AM »
It was nice fishing with you yesterday, amazing Salmon glad I was at the hole to watch him come up. The video was amazing and pretty quick thinking of Crappiekillr to drill a hole next to you and stick his arm down in the water to catch it all on the go pro. Ice did get pretty sketchy getting off though, didn't care for that last 20 foot of shoreline.

Offline fishy1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #69 on: Mar 07, 2016, 01:53 PM »
wow great looking male salmon.

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #70 on: Mar 07, 2016, 03:03 PM »
On another note, I was able to get on Lake George today for the last time this season. Didn't take any kids because of safety concerns, but I did meet up with some friends including Gadway and Crappiekillr. We did extremely well with the perch bite and I was able to land this beauty on my jig rod. I got lucky! Great way to close out the ice fishing season!  ;D

(Image removed from quote.)
\\

you're not kidding...  love the big kype

how long was that bad boy??
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline B-P Fish Club

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #71 on: Mar 07, 2016, 06:30 PM »
Thanks! The fish was 24 1/2 inches and 5 lbs. And yes that is a big hook jaw!

Check out the video we got on the GoPro. Crappiekillr took one for the team and put his hand underwater to get the footage.

Offline Iceman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #72 on: Mar 21, 2016, 03:42 PM »
I know we have spoken over the past few months and I have some ice fishing gear that I purchased for clients to use but I don't think I will be using them. Knowing you have gotten many donations, I don't want to load you up with gear you don't need. Let me know what you still need or would like and I'll go through it.

I have the old 4-H shanty that is insulated and is 6'X8' that we can put out and I'll give you a key to use while on the GSL. We can coordinate that next winter. Its got a cook stove in it for heat and its great when the wind picks up.

Give me a call - Allwater Guide Service 527-6175

Offline B-P Fish Club

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #73 on: Mar 22, 2016, 07:12 AM »
Thanks Iceman! I'll be in touch!

Offline fishy1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #74 on: Mar 22, 2016, 03:59 PM »
has the club made any plans on fishing open water soon or hitting trout streams when season opens.

Offline B-P Fish Club

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #75 on: Mar 23, 2016, 10:09 AM »
Yes! Once the weather gets a bit warmer we plan on bringing the kids on numerous outings. As well, we are going to help out CaptJJ and the Lake George Fishing Alliance with their salmon stocking efforts this spring. This will be our first official field trip. Should be a lot of fun and educational.

Offline fishy1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #76 on: Mar 24, 2016, 04:22 AM »
Yes! Once the weather gets a bit warmer we plan on bringing the kids on numerous outings. As well, we are going to help out CaptJJ and the Lake George Fishing Alliance with their salmon stocking efforts this spring. This will be our first official field trip. Should be a lot of fun and educational.
okay thats great.

Offline fishy1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #77 on: Dec 17, 2016, 05:48 AM »
brian are you still taking donations of fishing equipment for the b-p fishing club. i had a fisherman from down state that has some tip ups and other things he wants to donate.

Offline B-P Fish Club

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #78 on: Dec 17, 2016, 07:06 PM »
Hi fishy1,

Yes we are still taking donations!!! The kids are currently refurbishing some donated traps. They are having a blast. Many of them are learning how they work since they have never ice fished before. Looking forward to getting them involved.

I will post some photos from a few trips we took this summer. The club is really starting to take off!!

Thanks for your continued support

Offline B-P Fish Club

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #79 on: Dec 17, 2016, 07:18 PM »
[/url]

pic host[/img]

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #80 on: Dec 17, 2016, 07:20 PM »
awesome pics!!!!!!
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline B-P Fish Club

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #81 on: Dec 17, 2016, 07:22 PM »
The kids have really learned a lot in a short period of time.
Also,  I am extremely happy to announce that I have been contacted by a few other schools who have been inspired to start clubs of their own. We are hoping to get together with these clubs once they get going.

Offline B-P Fish Club

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #82 on: Dec 17, 2016, 07:29 PM »
Some more photos [/url]

windows print screen[/img]

Offline fishy1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #83 on: Dec 17, 2016, 08:14 PM »
brian: thanks will relay the message to ed who has some stuff to donate. keep it up this is a great thing your doing its been needed for a long time. got to get kids involved . im impressed that you are taking your time to work with these kids.  @)

Offline B-P Fish Club

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #84 on: Dec 17, 2016, 09:15 PM »
Thanks Fishy1!
My dad took me ice fishing when I was a kid and I had so much fun. I am just happy that I can provide the same opportunities to other kids. The administration has been extremely supportive and I am also getting a lot of help from another teacher at the school. I also want to mention that Frank's Gun Shop has gone out of their way to support our activities. They have been very generous and willing to help us in anyway they can.

Offline fishy1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #85 on: Dec 19, 2016, 02:01 PM »
hi: do we send our goodies to you brian at the same address at the school? any hints what they need most?

Offline B-P Fish Club

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #86 on: Dec 19, 2016, 09:11 PM »
I had the pleasure of meeting Chessieman today. He drove to the school and donated some great gear to the club. We had a wonderful conversation about getting the kids involved in fishing and we shared a few stories.
Thank you very much Chessieman!! Your kindness is much appreciated. We hope to see you out on the ice soon. 

Offline B-P Fish Club

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #87 on: Dec 19, 2016, 09:23 PM »
Hey Fishy1...yes you can send donations to:

Brian Henry - BP FISH CLUB
Broadalbin-Perth High School
100 Bridge Street
Broadalbin, NY 12025

I would say that we need rod and reel combos and jigging gear the most. Although we are not in the position to refuse anything. We still have plenty of needs across the board.

THANK YOU!!!

Offline fishy1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #88 on: Dec 20, 2016, 01:54 PM »
thanks brian . glad you got to meet chessieman.

Offline icefishinman88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #89 on: Dec 20, 2016, 05:44 PM »
I think I met you on lake pleasant last year. Was it you that jigged up the nice trout? What a great thing for a school to start. Ill see what I can come up with

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.