New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Help support our new fishing club!  (Read 12437 times)

Offline Zeker259

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Help support our new fishing club!
« Reply #120 on: Jan 03, 2018, 05:59 PM »
Great job guys and gals. Have a awesome year.

:thumbsup: :clap: :thumbsup: :clap: :thumbsup:
Fishy, Fishy down the hole. Please come here and bend my pole. I jig and jig you take my hook and then I take you home to cook.

Offline B-P Fish Club

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #121 on: Jan 03, 2018, 07:01 PM »
Thanks guys!!!
I also want to give a shout out to Frank’s Gun & Tackle Shop in Gloversville. They have really helped us out and have gone out of their way to make sure the kids have gear to enjoy their time out on the ice. If you are headed to Sacandaga to fish, please stop by Frank’s!!

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #122 on: Jan 03, 2018, 08:22 PM »
Does the BP club still need tackle?
I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Offline B-P Fish Club

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #123 on: Jan 03, 2018, 08:45 PM »
Yes! We are always in need of tackle. We have over 40 kids in the club and although we have received very generous donations from a number of our iceshanty members, we still find ourselves looking for gear to accommodate our growing number of students.
Any donations are welcome!
You can drop gear off at the school or mail it.

B-P Fishing Club
C/O Brian Henry
Broadalbin-Perth High School
100 Bridge Street
Broadalbin, NY 12025

Thanks so much for helping us out!

Offline Zeker259

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #124 on: Jan 03, 2018, 08:57 PM »
Does the BP club still need tackle?

X2?

Just retired and downsizing/upgrading. Plenty of stuff to be reused for newbies to the sport.

:thumbsup: :icefish:

Fishy, Fishy down the hole. Please come here and bend my pole. I jig and jig you take my hook and then I take you home to cook.

Offline B-P Fish Club

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #125 on: Jan 03, 2018, 09:01 PM »

X2?

Just retired and downsizing/upgrading. Plenty of stuff to be reused for newbies to the sport.

Thanks so much!!! Your support and generosity is much appreciated.

:thumbsup: :icefish:

Offline B-P Fish Club

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #126 on: Jan 03, 2018, 09:03 PM »
Thanks so much!!! Your support and generosity is much appreciated.

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #127 on: Jan 14, 2018, 07:08 PM »
Yes! We are always in need of tackle. We have over 40 kids in the club and although we have received very generous donations from a number of our iceshanty members, we still find ourselves looking for gear to accommodate our growing number of students.
Any donations are welcome!
You can drop gear off at the school or mail it.

B-P Fishing Club
C/O Brian Henry
Broadalbin-Perth High School
100 Bridge Street
Broadalbin, NY 12025

Thanks so much for helping us out!

I'll be sending some your way very soon.  I nearly killed myself the other day when I moved my outboard to a different spot in a storage closet and almost tripped over a bunch of duplicate ice fishing equipment. 
I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Offline B-P Fish Club

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #128 on: Jan 14, 2018, 09:20 PM »
Thanks Taxi1!!
I appreciate your help.
We ended up cancelling our club trip to GSL today due to the potential unsafe ice conditions. We had approximately 20 kids going. We were bummed, but it was certainly not worth the risk. We will try again next weekend!

Offline B-P Fish Club

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #129 on: Jan 18, 2018, 05:45 PM »
I wanted to take this opportunity to say thanks to Chessieman for his very generous donation to the B-P Fishing Club! He has gone out of his way during the past few years to help out the kids! It is much appreciated!
The club is firing on cylinders right now and the members are having a blast. Thanks Chessieman and others for paying it forward. Your donations are making a difference in the lives of many kids.

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #130 on: Feb 06, 2018, 04:30 PM »
Finally shipped some poles today! Had trouble finding a long skinny box! A couple of he ice poles are just over 3 feet.
I want to ship an auger but need to find a box for it. I think I can screw it into two pieces but haven't tried it yet.

Offline Jigger

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #131 on: Feb 06, 2018, 04:54 PM »
Great video love seeing the kids into fishing , is there anything that you are needing?

Offline B-P Fish Club

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #132 on: Feb 08, 2018, 05:55 PM »
Thanks Taxi1 !!!
I will be sure to look for it at school tomorrow.
We took 9 kids out on Sacandaga last weekend. We didn’t have much luck but the kids had a blast. My co-advisor and I are still using most of our own gear when we take the kids out, but we are slowly getting a great inventory of equipment for the kids. For example, we had a number of old tip ups donated last year. The kids refurbished them and now we have them available to the kids to sign out on the weekends. We also have a few jigging rods they can sign out too.

We will continue to accept any and all equipment. We have over 30 kids in the club so we have lots of needs. Next weekend starts our winter break and we expect to take a majority of the kids out on a few trips.

Thanks again!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.