New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Northern challenge  (Read 7165 times)

Offline blackmer826

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Northern challenge
« Reply #30 on: Jan 28, 2013, 06:47 PM »
anyone have any sort of a contour map for Simon or does one not exist. looking for some places with a change in depth.

Offline carppone

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Jan 28, 2013, 08:54 PM »
ditto i cant find a map either

Offline lakerman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Jan 29, 2013, 07:19 AM »
anyone know how much snow they got at simond pond  on monday ?

Offline adkmtnman76

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • summer beauty!!
« Reply #33 on: Jan 29, 2013, 09:07 AM »
I havent seen any trucks on the ice yet not really a ton of ice yet the front by the rod and gun has alot of ice but the back bay i'm not sure of has to be atleast 8

Offline blackmer826

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Jan 29, 2013, 09:50 AM »
how much snow did you get there? 6 inches or so?

Offline adkmtnman76

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • summer beauty!!
« Reply #35 on: Jan 29, 2013, 01:22 PM »
scratch that there's a truck out there now plowing

Offline nypike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ALL THROUGH THE ICE!!!
« Reply #36 on: Jan 29, 2013, 01:24 PM »
snow wont be an issue. i just got off raquette pond and its compressed good and tomorrow it will be gone.
If you consider it a sport to gather your food by drilling through 36 inches of ice and sitting there all day hoping that the food will swim by, you might live in northern New York

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/camofish/IceShantyStuff/walleye22013_zpsbe2b0c13.png

Offline carppone

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Jan 29, 2013, 01:29 PM »
has anyone hears of any rough numbers about how many will be here this year ,and any luck with  anyone findind a conture map yet

Offline nypike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ALL THROUGH THE ICE!!!
« Reply #38 on: Jan 29, 2013, 01:43 PM »
contour maps are out the window for this one anyways, it dont matter what humps, holes, drops, flats or whatever are there, with 6000+ holes and 500-700 machines out there its a crap shoot wherever you fish. lol. BNasically the pond is abou 4-6' deep until you get to the narrow points on the right and it starts to get a bit deeper, the deepest water is all the way back to the right and in the middle. Drops to almost 30' back there but its not a very big area either. thats what I got
If you consider it a sport to gather your food by drilling through 36 inches of ice and sitting there all day hoping that the food will swim by, you might live in northern New York

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/camofish/IceShantyStuff/walleye22013_zpsbe2b0c13.png

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
« Reply #39 on: Jan 29, 2013, 01:45 PM »
NYpike said it! It's really a crap shoot on the fishing and a luck of the draw! More of a hang out with a bazillion other fishermen crammed on a small waterway having a good time!! @)

As far as numbers, no way to tell until the tourney happens - just like most other tournaments, most people wait until the tourney day to enter...
Tim Thomas
NYS Ice Pro-Am Corporation
President & CEO

Finders Keepers Sportfishing
Captain

Offline adkmtnman76

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • summer beauty!!
« Reply #40 on: Jan 29, 2013, 01:53 PM »
there isn't a contour map for simon

Offline adkmtnman76

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • summer beauty!!
« Reply #41 on: Jan 29, 2013, 01:55 PM »
its easy if you want deep go way down the lake to the right of rod and gun, if you want shallow stay in front of rod and gun club

Offline nypike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ALL THROUGH THE ICE!!!
« Reply #42 on: Jan 29, 2013, 02:06 PM »
I just wanna drink! I can do that anywhere out there..... ;D

Offline blackmer826

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #43 on: Jan 29, 2013, 02:23 PM »
haha. friday night we might have a few beers so we will be looking for people to hang out with.

Offline nypike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ALL THROUGH THE ICE!!!
« Reply #44 on: Jan 29, 2013, 06:57 PM »
heres a little something. red lines are marked off areas for thin ice, yellow is deep hole, green is boat launch. and there will be a major road running right down the middle of the lake

Offline carppone

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #45 on: Jan 29, 2013, 07:36 PM »
thats cool how do you do that

Offline nypike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ALL THROUGH THE ICE!!!
« Reply #46 on: Jan 29, 2013, 07:40 PM »
ancient chinese secret......lol

Offline kthear

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #47 on: Jan 29, 2013, 07:58 PM »
me and a buddie drivin 4 hrs from the finger lakes area to check this tourney out.. Can't wait .. Couldn't find a place in town, ended up findin a room in Long lake. any buddy stayin around there ?
South of Heaven

Offline carppone

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #48 on: Jan 29, 2013, 08:13 PM »
did yopu try the woodsman inn number is 518 359 3663 they have rms above the bar

Offline nypike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ALL THROUGH THE ICE!!!
« Reply #49 on: Jan 29, 2013, 08:16 PM »
did yopu try the woodsman inn number is 518 359 3663 they have rms above the bar
they are being renovated and not ready for occupancy yet

Offline Jperry4

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #50 on: Jan 29, 2013, 08:18 PM »
We head up Friday morning and stay at the tupper lake hotel or sunset in i believe that's the name of the place my friend does all the reservations and we stay sat. night usually hang out at the pizzeria Brain's i believe? and P2's pub
Perry

Offline carppone

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #51 on: Jan 29, 2013, 08:32 PM »
well i will be at woodsman spending all my winnings from the tourny lol

Offline blackmer826

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #52 on: Jan 30, 2013, 09:42 AM »
NYPIKE thanks for that great contour map. Helps out a lot.

Hotel rooms have to be pretty sparse by now aren't they?

Offline pikepauly

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #53 on: Jan 30, 2013, 10:28 AM »
we have hotel room, but would like to get 3 more guys to help leviate the cost of hotel if interested, pm me

Offline nypike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ALL THROUGH THE ICE!!!
« Reply #54 on: Jan 30, 2013, 01:39 PM »
dam my memory of the deep water was way off...lol..NYpike, do you live up there?, i dont remember going that far down the ice to get to the deep water...but if you see me huggin up next to you its cuz im following yr map, not mine..lol...
yes, i live about a mile away from the pond, 1/3 mile by snowmobile. I will be in the shallow 4ft flats, thats where 80 percent of the fish come from.

Offline nypike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ALL THROUGH THE ICE!!!
« Reply #55 on: Jan 30, 2013, 03:51 PM »
to my knowledge, its also where 80 percent of the people are too.....

Offline carppone

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #56 on: Jan 30, 2013, 06:30 PM »
how much rain you gettin up there nypike

Offline nypike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ALL THROUGH THE ICE!!!
« Reply #57 on: Jan 30, 2013, 06:40 PM »
not very much at all. little windy right now but not bad. 0 tomorrow night and 5 below friday night

Offline davek134

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #58 on: Jan 30, 2013, 07:47 PM »
Trucks out on the ice ?

Offline nypike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ALL THROUGH THE ICE!!!
« Reply #59 on: Jan 30, 2013, 08:04 PM »
Trucks out on the ice ?
was yesterday

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.