Author Topic: What a surprise!!!!!!!!!  (Read 6114 times)

Offline bergal1

• Team IceShanty Regular
What a surprise!!!!!!!!!
« on: Mar 14, 2007, 06:07 PM »
Purchased set of blades for my 6" strikemaster today from a large sporting goods store.  Opened the plastic box and SURPRISE!!!!!   Two sets of blades. I am having second thoughts of keeping the second pair.  What would you do????

Offline producetim

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: What a surprise!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 14, 2007, 06:08 PM »
keep them!!!!   christmas in march

Offline pyle

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 14, 2007, 06:08 PM »
keep it......not like you stole it. They make enough money off of us,whats a freebe now and then ;D

Offline KingFisher1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 14, 2007, 06:10 PM »
Keep them, it must have been a promotional offer from the manufacturer. Either that or origionally there was one boy blade and one girl blade in the package.lol

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #4 on: Mar 14, 2007, 06:30 PM »
Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!! :D ;)
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline Doggz1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Think like pike
« Reply #5 on: Mar 14, 2007, 06:32 PM »
keep em....a little back up never hurts..
Fish when I can

Offline eyedoktr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • keep your pole in the hole
« Reply #6 on: Mar 14, 2007, 06:50 PM »
WOW what a bunch of thieves !

I would contact the seller and let them know of the mistake if indeed it was a mistake.
Pete Lewis

Offline John_BZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Mar 14, 2007, 06:59 PM »
ive had a problem in the past with some people opening the boxes and putting multiple sets of blades in them. the thing is strikemaster doesn't seal them very well. seems like somebody was about to start their own buy one get one free sale and you happened upon their stashing.

that said, id say keep em. chances are they were already marked out of stock anyways. plus i doubt you keeping an extra set of blades that you didnt intentionally take in the first place is gonna bankrupt the company.

Offline Prairiegoat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 13# Pike
« Reply #8 on: Mar 14, 2007, 07:24 PM »
I am having second thoughts of keeping the second pair.

That's called a conscience. Everytime you drill a hole ol' conscience will be there to remind you there were two sets of blades. Only you have to live with yourself.

Offline rich81

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Mar 14, 2007, 08:02 PM »
its your call. i bet if u brought them back they would probably tell u to keep them.

Offline kimball07

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • race,fish,and hunt
« Reply #10 on: Mar 14, 2007, 08:05 PM »
call the store tell them if they send a self addressed postage paid envelope you'd be happy to return the blades but your not wasting your gas to do it ;D they'll tell you to keep 'em :tipup:

Offline rich81

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Mar 14, 2007, 08:15 PM »
call the store tell them if they send a self addressed postage paid envelope you'd be happy to return the blades but your not wasting your gas to do it ;D they'll tell you to keep 'em :tipup:

good way to clear the conscious S/p

Offline Big Burk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • wishin I was fishin
« Reply #12 on: Mar 14, 2007, 08:58 PM »
i would keep them, not like it was your fault how they got there.

Offline Buck1985

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The story of my life
« Reply #13 on: Mar 15, 2007, 05:41 AM »
call and tell'em what happened, they'll probably tell you to keep'em anyways.
The fishing is always great, the catching however, always isn't

Offline Pail Rider

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Mar 15, 2007, 07:22 AM »
If it was a sporting goods chain store, I'd probably keep them.  If it was my local bait shop, I'd definetely bring them back...

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #15 on: Mar 15, 2007, 07:30 AM »
A+A+A+A+

Offline HUNTER16

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Mar 15, 2007, 08:01 AM »
If you send them to me, you could call it charity and that should make you feel better. ;D
Happiest when on a frozen lake!

Offline SPARKYICE

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Mar 15, 2007, 10:16 AM »
WOW what a bunch of thieves !

I would contact the seller and let them know of the mistake if indeed it was a mistake.

ABSOLUTLEY!
this ranks right up there with the crime of forgetting your fishing license! :callcops:
mistake, indeed!
grandpa told me-"never wrestle with a pig. you both get muddy and the pig likes it".

Offline PigShanks

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Mar 15, 2007, 10:27 AM »
The decision is yours, But I would definately contact them and let them know. Chances are they would let you keep them, and no more second thoughts. It's the right thing to do.

Offline bacwoods

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Mar 15, 2007, 11:48 AM »
I think you should take them back and tell the sales person I will pick them up later! Thanks for the gift.

Offline swampbuckster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I.S. FOR LIFE! <(((((><|
« Reply #20 on: Mar 15, 2007, 11:57 AM »
Screw that, KEEP THEM ;D ;D ;D
You may call me crazy, but crazy catches fish!

Offline ice023

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #21 on: Mar 15, 2007, 12:52 PM »
one word "Karma"
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty well-preserved body,but rather to skid in broadside,thoroughly used up,totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "WOW What a Ride!"

Offline seaweed01

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #22 on: Mar 15, 2007, 01:02 PM »
I would call them and let them know what you found when you opened them. Maybe they have more like that and at least they could fix the problem. They could have a problem with some sales people.

Offline TheRo0sTer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Mar 15, 2007, 02:06 PM »
You might as well call! If you were going to keep them you wouldn't be asking everyone here what to do. I like the comment about telling them to send you SASE. They'll tell you to keep them.
Anthony

Offline justaboutgeese

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Last licks
« Reply #24 on: Mar 15, 2007, 02:28 PM »
My .02 cents worth.  For forty five years plus I worked hard to provide for myself and my family.  While an amount like that would not break me it might ease a guilty conscious.  If it were me every hole I drilled would remind me that I had been less than totally honorable. 
Never a bad day fishing

Offline bucketbass

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • rippin lips
« Reply #25 on: Mar 15, 2007, 04:52 PM »
boy thats a tough one ...................... .............keep um

so do all these posts weigh on your decision????

Offline Mainedog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Mar 15, 2007, 08:05 PM »
what did you finally do?

Offline stevek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • STKA (MHF)
« Reply #27 on: Mar 15, 2007, 09:17 PM »
I personally am a firm believer in Karma :angel I would call the store and let them know, what ever they do from there is up to them. The cost of a set of blades isn't worth bad mojo in my book. They'll be shocked that you called any way :cookoo: and tell you to just keep them. You'll feel better every time you use the auger knowing your free blades were really free ;D

Offline fozsey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #28 on: Mar 16, 2007, 06:24 AM »
If you bought a new car and found $100 under the seat, would you take it back? If you bought a new car and found 100# of happy grass in the trunk, would you take it back? Honest officer, it isn't mine....It was in the car when I bought it. :roflmao:

What if the blades you bought with your debit card never showed up on your bank statement? It has happened to me to the tune of about $500 not all at once and not from the same place. I used to spend $300 a week on gas for my work van all of which was paid for with a debit card. Several gas station debits never showed up on my card. One of the places happened to be at Wal-Mart. As of yet I haven't figured out a way to fix it. I tried a couple of times and it was a mess. One place told me they had no record of the purchase so they couldn't collect anything for it.. Anyone ever tried to deal with Wal-Mart's corporate accounting office? I won't do it any more. If the computer they use isn't smart enough to collect the correct amount of money, my suggestion is to look into a little smarter one or go back to low tech but then the person at the counter would have to count the money back again...Most can't.

I had a guy that worked for me get a $300 extension ladder free at lowes because the dufas at the counter didn't scan it. He knew it at the counter and didn't say anything. I couldn't do that. 20 years ago.....maybe....but not today. A $20 set of auger bladss? It would pi$$ me off more than anything that I have to drive back to a store just bc someone didn't pass sandbox math class the same as it would if the box was empty when I got home. BTW, I do have a conscience and it does work but in this case, "I" didn't do anything to cause this situation. If the mistake is a major one or I caught it before I leave the store, (even within a reasonable distance from the store, say.....to my car) I will make it right every time. If they make it to my house, they aren't going back. However, I might give them to the whino on the curb so he can start ice fishing just to ease my conscience if it was bothering me which I highly doubt it would be...

The early bird might get the worm but the second mouse will always get the cheese...

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #29 on: Mar 17, 2007, 11:05 PM »
I recieved change for a hundred when I actually gave them a 50 at a bar one night. I called the owner the next day and he told me to keep it. He said they take their mistakes out of their tips,teaches them not to mess up.Next time I was in there when those girls were working I tipped them each a 20 ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.