Author Topic: anyone fish with submersible lights?  (Read 4800 times)

Offline Fish_Tko

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: anyone fish with submersible lights?
« Reply #30 on: Mar 20, 2007, 09:14 AM »
not sure about the "fishig secret" for $200.00. But that fishinglights.com site has the light i got for 25.00 and its sealed in a glass tube, where it can't be broken.
There is only one theory about angling in which I have perfect confidence, and this is that the two words, least appropriate to any statement, about it, are the words "always" and "never."

Offline crafty1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • don't fish dead holes
« Reply #31 on: Mar 20, 2007, 12:29 PM »
thats what i'm talking about.why pay so much for the fishing secret when you can just make one up,or just get the ones you guys are talking about.
just sitting and staring down an ice hole

Offline esox13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Mar 21, 2007, 09:34 PM »
I started out learning this tactic from my uncle who rigged up a headlight for his truck - worked great. Since then I have been using the light that Gander Mountain sells (sorry - I can't remember the name, but it is the only one they sell for around $20). I have had wonderful success with it. A Walleye magnet most times. We fish the far edges of the light pattern - with how sensitive their eyes are we have always done better at the edge. In my experience crappies have been caught well within the lighted area.  :tipup:

Offline keny

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • just poken holes
« Reply #33 on: Mar 21, 2007, 11:36 PM »
to crafty1 the secret of 1949 is the evening secret I mentioned A $200 flourescent light that runs on 12v. I`d try a glo stick knowing what I know now. Can buy many glow sticks for $200. plus if its illegal to use in your area you could cut the line wink wink.

Offline crafty1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • don't fish dead holes
« Reply #34 on: Mar 22, 2007, 12:36 AM »
you know i figured that it probably was something you could just get anywhere.when i seen that they wouldnt really tell you anything about it,i knew it was because they just wanted to get you to buy thier crap,and they knew that if they told you what it was you would just get the light or glow stick from somewhere else ALOT cheaper.and i hear ya on the  ;)wink  ....just noticed that my smileys dont work.anybody know how to get them to work.when i presson them it just types the face.and when i press on the the other icons like the bold,it just types it out too ,like this(for bold)appreciate any help

just sitting and staring down an ice hole

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.