The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Mass. lunker pics.  (Read 6937 times)

Offline bassboy

• Team IceShanty Addict
Mass. lunker pics.
« on: Nov 29, 2005, 04:11 PM »
i thought it would be a good idea to have pics of lunker from Mass. i would like to see some realy big fish even if there from last year this will get us through till ice or it will make us want to go even more :D :D :D

Offline big big rdg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike Hunter
Re: Mass. lunker pics.
« Reply #1 on: Nov 29, 2005, 04:54 PM »
Here is the biggest bass i got in MA icefishing last year.

My biggest ever....7.25 lbs

Offline bassboy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Nov 29, 2005, 08:56 PM »
nice fish my biggest ever is a 35" pike and its on the wall  ;D cost me $412 but it looks really good

Offline big big rdg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike Hunter
« Reply #3 on: Nov 29, 2005, 10:07 PM »
nice fish my biggest ever is a 35" pike and its on the wall  ;D cost me $412 but it looks really good

Never targeted or caught a pike but plan on goin for them this year. I mostly fish for bass around MA and NH and salmon and trout in Maine.

Offline Mark Barlow

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 30, 2005, 03:38 AM »
 There's nothing wrong with getting pumped up for icefishing, but don't take chances
on thin ice. A fish isn't worth dying for. Any here's just a couple of pics from last season.
 Enjoy. ;D Also, just to note most of these fish were caught in March just before ice out.

Love those slab crappie, jumbo perch, and always love those bull sunfish. A.F.& A.M.

Offline Mark Barlow

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Nov 30, 2005, 03:44 AM »
 A few more.

Love those slab crappie, jumbo perch, and always love those bull sunfish. A.F.& A.M.

Offline mullen2525

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 30, 2005, 02:09 PM »
those are some real nice fish Mark, way to go

Offline mikeyc0203

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ayooooooo
« Reply #7 on: Nov 30, 2005, 02:42 PM »
yea deff some nice fish mark...do u mind me asking where that pond is??if its a secret place then thats ok but if u dont mind telling you can just pm me or sumthing

Offline Mugz

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Nov 30, 2005, 03:58 PM »
Secret place.........
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer."
-Frank Zappa

Offline kivva king

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Nov 30, 2005, 04:12 PM »
There's nothing wrong with getting pumped up for icefishing, but don't take chances
on thin ice. A fish isn't worth dying for. Any here's just a couple of pics from last season.
 Enjoy. ;D Also, just to note most of these fish were caught in March just before ice out.

(Image removed from quote.)

Offline Mugz

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Nov 30, 2005, 04:27 PM »
Nothig like a guy from MA with a name like Kivva King........it's only a term us Massholes would know.
Good ONE!!!! LMAO when I saw it.......
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer."
-Frank Zappa

Offline kivva king

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Nov 30, 2005, 04:35 PM »
Nothig like a guy from MA with a name like Kivva King........it's only a term us Mdummys would know.
Good ONE!!!! LMAO when I saw it.......
I don't like to set the bar too high!!!!!!!!! 

Offline Mark Barlow

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Nov 30, 2005, 05:19 PM »
 All I will do for you is give you a hint. There's not many places around here that's stocked with pike so we fish more central MA.  Mugz buddy, are you going to fish this year or what. Last season you worked like a dog and missed some good fishing. I hope this year is better than last. Oh yeah Mikey, I will give you this one. The pic with slow rollin holding up a 5 lber was at Sampsons pond in Carver. 20 + fish between 4 and 5 lbs that, day but wasn't worth the parking tickets. If you plan to fish it get the permit from the town.

Offline BJ

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLAAAAGGGGG!!!
« Reply #13 on: Nov 30, 2005, 05:44 PM »
Dont you worry about the Mugz- man. As far as a I know he doesnt have another cruise planned so we should be getting out every weekend. Another 3 weeks or so and I hope to be fishing with you boys!!! :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline Mugz

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Nov 30, 2005, 06:08 PM »
Work????I was out every weekend.  I didn't have the whole winter off like someone I know...........
I gotta make a livin.
-Frank Zappa

Offline osprey

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Nov 30, 2005, 06:10 PM »
Mark, Great Pics!!!!! Those pictures have definately got my mind on one thing now.  BRING ON THE ICE!!!!!! ;D

Offline kivva king

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Nov 30, 2005, 06:26 PM »
All I will do for you is give you a hint. There's not many places around here that's stocked with pike so we fish more central MA.  Mugz buddy, are you going to fish this year or what. Last season you worked like a dog and missed some good fishing. I hope this year is better than last. Oh yeah Mikey, I will give you this one. The pic with slow rollin holding up a 5 lber was at Sampsons pond in Carver. 20 + fish between 4 and 5 lbs that, day but wasn't worth the parking tickets. If you plan to fish it get the permit from the town.
Mark , do you think that wooden spool is still there this year?

Offline Mark Barlow

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Nov 30, 2005, 06:48 PM »
 It just clicked. Now I remember who you are. We met you on the ice last season and you were working painting a house nearby or something, and you walked out and talked with us.

Offline kivva king

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Nov 30, 2005, 06:54 PM »
that would be me,we fished together at whithall!!! 

Offline Mark Barlow

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Nov 30, 2005, 06:59 PM »
 Yes we did, Great day for Bev, 2nd place . I fished with so many people and so many different places last year. I can't wait to get out again. I have a few more lakes I want to try. I'm going to try to get out to western mass to fish with a couple of guys out there.

Offline osprey

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Nov 30, 2005, 07:17 PM »
Here are some pics from last season.

Offline kivva king

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Nov 30, 2005, 07:19 PM »
Mark;glad to read that you are getting into jigging!!!!!! I've had a vexilar for over 15 years! there is nothing like locating a fish under the ice then, trying to convince him to take your lure!!! A great rush!!!  the flip side of that is when you see them but they WON"T bite!! i sent out  a couple of other posts but, i'm new at this and i don't know where they ended up!!! cyberspace i guess. I'll keep in touch through the winter cause, me and my buddy go different places every week ( except when 1 pond keeps kicking out 5+ pounders regularly) The Derbys are always fun, so keep me in the loop.  I forgot the other guys names but, i know one was a charterboat capt. in duxbury i think, another was Mgarvey the landscaper from natick  I had a great time with all the guys  i met  at whithall and always learn something new   ttyl    KK

Offline kivva king

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Nov 30, 2005, 07:32 PM »
Yes we did, Great day for Bev, 2nd place . I fished with so many people and so many different places last year. I can't wait to get out again. I have a few more lakes I want to try. I'm going to try to get out to western mass to fish with a couple of guys out there.
I remember all to well that can of woop-ass bev put on the boys that day!!!!!!! didn't she get a pic that was in the money also?????????

Offline big big rdg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike Hunter
« Reply #23 on: Nov 30, 2005, 08:10 PM »
Awesome salmon Osprey!

Offline bumps

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #24 on: Dec 01, 2005, 01:03 PM »
hey Osprey, those were some really nice salmon!  Nice job!  Was that at Horn Pond?  The shoreline looks real familiar. :tipup:

Offline big big rdg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike Hunter
« Reply #25 on: Dec 01, 2005, 01:13 PM »
hey Osprey, those were some really nice salmon!  Nice job!  Was that at Horn Pond?  The shoreline looks real familiar. :tipup:

I think it says that he caught them at Pleasent Pond in Wenham.

Offline osprey

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #26 on: Dec 01, 2005, 07:29 PM »
bumps, The top picture was at Pleasant Pond in Wenham, and the middle and bottom picture was at Plug's Pd. (Lake Saltonstall) in Haverhill. I certainly hope they stock some more salmon soon, the itch is starting to get to me. It looks like a ride is in store to the western part of the state or down to the Cape this weekend for a chance at getting one. Maybe the last weekend of open water fishing up here ,if the weather reports are right about some pretty cold air for the middle of next week. I hope it just doesn't "Skim" over the ponds. :( That would be a tease.  :-\

Offline EscapeIsNever

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Dec 05, 2005, 05:22 AM »
looking for some more of those fish this season mark! 

5 lb 7 oz bass (same place as some of marks pics)

nice salmon osprey!  good meeting ya at the chu this fall!

NEF!

Brian

Offline ice nut OFJ

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #28 on: Dec 05, 2005, 05:19 PM »
nice fish guys.... i rememebr that bass bigbigrdg, that was a good fighta'

Offline mikeyc0203

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ayooooooo
« Reply #29 on: Dec 05, 2005, 06:57 PM »
yea thats a nice salmon you got there at pleasant pond...i hope i can get a chance to fish there this winter, because i have heard good things of it..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.