New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Syracuse NY Ice Fishing Show  (Read 18822 times)

Offline weavs150

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Syracuse NY Ice Fishing Show
« Reply #60 on: Dec 10, 2010, 08:13 AM »
thats good i like to talk and find new things out. maybe ill get out in time to hit bass pro and play with the trout pond haha

Offline afwrestler1986

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #61 on: Dec 10, 2010, 08:21 AM »
I am going to go today. Figure that will give me all weekend to play with my new stuff.
[Img]http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png[img]

Offline wiredstone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #62 on: Dec 10, 2010, 09:52 AM »
I have a free ticket for one of you guys today. MerryChristmas. One of our guys could'nt make it ,and I got the tickets on line.
MAY YOUR FLAGS FLY HIGH & YOUR LINES BE TIGHT.

Offline twodogs02

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Is that battery failure?
« Reply #63 on: Dec 10, 2010, 10:53 AM »
I have a free ticket for one of you guys today. MerryChristmas. One of our guys could'nt make it ,and I got the tickets on line.

Hey stone..I'm going tomorrow and will purchase the ticket from you that way your not out the money.  Should be there around 1pm tomorrow.  PM me for details if interested.

Offline jascpa099

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • You don't win friends with salad.
« Reply #64 on: Dec 10, 2010, 01:10 PM »
Two hours until the third annual syracuse show!  Gotta LOVE it!
God is great; beer is good, and people are crazy!

Offline icedd

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #65 on: Dec 10, 2010, 01:18 PM »
Ive got the idi great suit did'nt try to float yet.also have a mustang survival suit it's a liitle to warm for ice fishing but great for cold weather boat fishing.

Online Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #66 on: Dec 10, 2010, 01:34 PM »
Two hours until the third annual syracuse show!  Gotta LOVE it!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:     Tomorrow cant come soon enough....
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Online Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #67 on: Dec 10, 2010, 03:35 PM »
Wheres BEAN??    ;D ;D

Offline RedWolfUSAF

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #68 on: Dec 10, 2010, 03:57 PM »
WOW!!!  Great display of Plastics at the Maki Plastic Booth..... :tipup:
Don't Stand Outside too long......

Offline matthewwood25

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #69 on: Dec 10, 2010, 05:06 PM »
looks like fun headed up in the morning from johnstown hope to meet some of you

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #70 on: Dec 10, 2010, 05:21 PM »
Wheres BEAN??    ;D ;D

I'm here. had to get the internet connection straightened out.
Ken                                          

Offline tubby67

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Keep it only if your going to eat it"
« Reply #71 on: Dec 10, 2010, 05:24 PM »
I'll be there between 11 or 12 on Sat.. I'm going to buy a new Thorne Bros. rod.  ;D ;D

Offline scottcny

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #72 on: Dec 10, 2010, 06:30 PM »
sorry otto, that was for slider.....Pittsburgh PA, the 'burgh.
I read too fast I didn't realize you were answering him.....

small world anyway....I too am in Liverpool, just down 370 from B'ville.

Offline townzee

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #73 on: Dec 10, 2010, 07:00 PM »
Just got out of the show. Hope it is better for those going Sat. And Sun. I was less than impressed. Did see Genz, and Bro.

Online Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #74 on: Dec 10, 2010, 07:02 PM »
Just got out of the show. Hope it is better for those going Sat. And Sun. I was less than impressed. Did see Genz, and Bro.

What didnt you like about it???

Offline afwrestler1986

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #75 on: Dec 10, 2010, 07:17 PM »

I kind of felt the same way. I didn't go to the one last year, so I don't know what has changed. I thought there would be a lot more there. All in all, there really is a lot of stuff there. I think I expected to see more.  ???

I ended up buying a bag full of tip ups (HT type) and a handful of kodiak jigs. Looked for Bean, but didn't see him when I was there. (Not that I know what he looks like, just looked by the Ice Shanty apparel.)

Not a bad show though.  :)
[Img]http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png[img]

Offline townzee

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #76 on: Dec 10, 2010, 08:12 PM »
I thought there would be more there. I was looking for a cover for my Nanook, clam wasn't selling anything, and couldn't find anyone else selling them. I also could not find tipup line or steel leaders. I guess I was under the impression I would be able to find anything ice fishing related. On the other hand you could buy pot's and pans, and also tractors.

Offline fishmaster13184

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #77 on: Dec 10, 2010, 08:25 PM »
I bought 2 st.croix rods and a bunch of gill pills and a few other small jigs....was not very impresd if not for thorne brothers display I would have left empty handed

Online Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #78 on: Dec 10, 2010, 08:32 PM »
You guys need to let "us" know what you expected/wanted to see...  The show cant get better without feed back..  Only ice fisherman can make it better and bigger.... ;D

Offline fishmaster13184

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #79 on: Dec 10, 2010, 08:45 PM »
About 5times the vendors with more tackle would be ideal I had a grand in my pocket to spend and left with over 800

Online Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #80 on: Dec 10, 2010, 08:50 PM »
About 5times the vendors with more tackle would be ideal I had a grand in my pocket to spend and left with over 800

But your talking about vendors... Do you want local guys selling things or do you want the top brand name guys showing off the new stuff??...

Offline Otto

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hunt the Best, Hunt a Brittany! RIP Otto
« Reply #81 on: Dec 10, 2010, 09:21 PM »
I went tonight and thought it was pretty good.  It was hard to hear the seminars where they are located on the main floor.  They could put them in the corners and have it a little out of the way. 

I'd like to see some more "places to go" type of booths.  There was one guy from Lake Simcoe, that looks really good. 

There were 3 or 4 vendors selling IDI Arctic Armour, all for the same price.  (As a matter of fact, I've never seen it for a different price anywhere)   There were plenty of jigs to choose from, and I bought a pocket full. 

I also bought a Thorne Bros rod, which is something I would never buy online and I don't see it anywhere in local shops.  The salesguy at Thorne was very knowledgeable and pointed me to the right setup, again something you don't usually find in the local shops. 

The representative from Marcum spent 15 minutes with me explaining all the different models and features, even though I told him I already have a x67c and didn't need a new flasher.  But you know I came THIS CLOSE to buying the LX5!!!!  They had a great show special running....

The tractors and pots and pans, I could do without, but they pay for a booth and help make the show run, so they are going to be there.  The young lady at the vacation giveaway booth did have a bit of a wardrobe malfunction  :o so that was another "attraction" ;)

Some of the booths sell, and some of the booths are just showing off product line.  I liked seeing the new stuff from Frabill and a few others, I might not buy it right now, but I know a little more about what's out there, and that is worth the price of admission for me.

If you think about it, there is not as much "gear" as regular fishing or as for hunting.  Most everything ice fishing related was there, and if it wasn't there, it can be pretty easily had at any local shop.

Offline Chainsaw

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #82 on: Dec 10, 2010, 10:19 PM »
I picked up a few odss n' ends along with five IDI Immersion suits: one for me and my Dear Sweet Other. One for my Grandson Ryan, (first time onto the ice since Iraq), and brother Sean and his son Rusty, Sean went through the ice on a wheeler with friend Donny last year. It was a struggle for Sean to get out and Donny almost didn't without Sean's help. When I mentioned new ice the other day Sean said ''I ain't goin' out there...'' untill I mentioed my getting a suit and telling him about the IDI suits. Then it was ''Get one for Rusty too.'' They'll pay me back but I'm on the hook for three, and well worth it too. I got the Camo with the 'quiet' fleece on the outside so they'll work for hunting too.

The show has stuff I haven't seen yet so I'll be going all three days. Had a good time meeting with Bean from PA and chatting for a while. I'll see who's taking over when I get back from deer hunting in the morning up in the Fulton area. Last hurrah with the shotgun, then it's on to the smokepole for a while.
All folks follow Chainsaws first law of diminishing enthusiasm, "Ya just hafta want to do some things more than others."

Offline fishingPole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #83 on: Dec 10, 2010, 10:25 PM »
I went for a one man flip over, and came home with one.  I was able to check out the various ones on display, reps from Frabill and Clam, but one could only buy them from Thorne Bros. or Gander.  Another item I'm happy about was the rack for my snowmobile I picked up.  I've been pondering for quite a while how to make one, but I don't have a welder.  Somebody from Michigan was there with a rack system for both snowmobiles and ATVs, one came home with me   :)

Got to see Dave Genz again and see his seminar, always an honor  Also saw Tony Boshold there from the Icemen TV show, he gave an informative presentation and was a great help with the Marcums and Frabills.

Parking is a rip off at $7, next time I think I'll cruise the streets looking for a parking place.
Leave it better than you found it

Offline windbeam

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #84 on: Dec 11, 2010, 05:16 AM »
I'm not able to attend the show but wonder if you could help me out?  The guy from Michigan with the rack system, did you happen to get his information? maybe his website or phone number?  Any assistance is appreciated.

Bill

Online Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #85 on: Dec 11, 2010, 05:21 AM »
I'm not able to attend the show but wonder if you could help me out?  The guy from Michigan with the rack system, did you happen to get his information? maybe his website or phone number?  Any assistance is appreciated.

Bill

I'm getting ready to leave for the show shortly and will be there all day...I will see if I can find out who it is and let you know...

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #86 on: Dec 11, 2010, 05:39 AM »

I'm getting ready to leave for the show shortly and will be there all day...I will see if I can find out who it is and let you know...
Hey dacker - I'll be rolling in at 10 or so.  I'm looking you up.  ;D

Online Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #87 on: Dec 11, 2010, 05:44 AM »
I will be at the Shanty booth... ;D   I'm gonna have a hard time remembering every one I meet today... :o :o

Offline Gamma Fish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #88 on: Dec 11, 2010, 06:00 AM »

Bill
http://www.johnsonscargosystems.com/    :whistle: :whistle: ;)
PLASTICS ARE FANTASTIC  !!

Online Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #89 on: Dec 11, 2010, 06:03 AM »
There ya go...  See ya later Gamma.... ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.