New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: small water close to silver lake new york  (Read 734 times)

Offline ZachariahB

• IceShanty Rookie
small water close to silver lake new york
« on: Feb 03, 2016, 10:27 AM »
I have planned a trip to silver lake this February, and have seen the reports on poor fishing and lack of ice. Unfortunately, I have already pais for the cabin rental and my friends have taken vacation time for the trip.  We are die hards and do not mind the notion of working for fish. But the lack of ice is concerning.  Can anyone point me too some small water in the area.  Where is it in relation to Silver Lake? What's in the water? Any recommendation would be helpful.

Offline ratherbfishing

• IceShanty Rookie
  • It's a Sloboraski
Re: small water close to silver lake new york
« Reply #1 on: Feb 03, 2016, 10:42 AM »
Conesus Lake, access at Vitale Park.  Lots of Gills, Pumpkinseeds, Bass, Walleyes, Perch, Crappie.  About 30 Minutes North East of Silver.  I wouldn't consider this small water though.  Harwood Lake and Allen Lake are also within 30 minutes, they are small lakes.  Harwood (off of Rt 98) has gills, some bass, and is stocked with trout.  Allen Lake (off of Muckle Rd.) is stocked with Brown, Brook, and Rainbow trout, has Gills, and bass. 

Other options that are "nearby" would be Cuba, Honeoye, and hemlock...     Depending on when in February you are going, safe ice may be a real issue on all of them

Offline Mrfishing2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 03, 2016, 03:02 PM »
Try Allen lake, I've fished it a few times and had luck

Offline Doubles Shooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 03, 2016, 03:13 PM »
Right now it's 60 degrees here half way between Silver and Conesus. All the small ponds around here are showing open water or rotten ice. Find something else to do while you're here. It's just not worth dying for a few small fish.

Offline zadvorney

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Gobi Dick sank my boat!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 03, 2016, 05:37 PM »
If you are coming from far away then hit some of the local trout streams. A further drive West and you can fish the lower or upper Niagara river for perch walleye steelhead Lakers and browns. The tribs flowing into lake Erie have steel head in them. The ice isbad this year and silver isn't worth getting wet in the best of years. Bring a .22 and a 20 ga. And get some squirrels I  the local state land. Good luck.
If life were easy everybody would have one.

Offline Icicle1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 03, 2016, 05:51 PM »
Best info. I've heard yet on Ice Shanty. Fish rivers. Stay off ice for 1 season.
Is it sometimes a fish being caught or you?

Offline don519

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 03, 2016, 06:48 PM »
Lots of nice places to kayak out that way might even be able to find a place to rent a boat the trout hatchery is a nice place to walk around Letchworth state park isn't that far either they have a small trout pond and lots of scenery

Offline IceFever74

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 03, 2016, 10:10 PM »
Been to silver past couple years and mostly disappointing. Might only be a few more chances to go out this winter the way it's going. Harwood, Allen, New Albion and Case are good options but don't expect anything too spectacular as far as keepers. They are fun though because they all have a lot of panfish; some are keepers. They are small lakes so tend to lock up quick and stay safer longer.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.