Author Topic: Beaver Dam Glass Noodle Rod  (Read 5579 times)

Offline zubie

• IceShanty Rookie
Beaver Dam Glass Noodle Rod
« on: Jan 17, 2015, 07:37 PM »
I am interested in reviews of the Beaver Dam Glass Noodle Rod for panfishing.  I have tried to search online for reviews but have not found very much.  I currently use the HT Ice Blue and Schooley's Arctic Blue rods and was looking to add another panfish rod that is built with more quality components. 

Zubie

Offline Fla46

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Beaver Dam Glass Noodle Rod
« Reply #1 on: Feb 07, 2015, 05:52 PM »
Also looking for a review on this rod or the combo.  Has anyone tried these?

Offline RapidsJigger24

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 09, 2015, 05:42 PM »
I played with one in a store earlier this year but didn't pull the trigger on it.

The rod seemed like it would work as it's supposed to.

The reels in my opinion felt really cheap and not very smooth at all.

"Got me a marlin!"

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 09, 2015, 08:53 PM »
very nice rods...quality is there, sturdy, price is right

I regret not buying one when they were in stock back in December locally

Catchin' Fish

Offline cccc

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 12, 2015, 09:52 AM »
This rod looks prime! A reel seat, relatively big guides, a good price, and if it has a good bend to it, it'll be a winner!

Offline Zugunruhe

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 12, 2015, 12:35 PM »
Got one for Christmas, as said quality is good and design features like the large guides and orange tip are nice.  The only thing I'm not completely sold on is the tip though, I like a little more sensitivity but then again, I haven't had a lot of time on the ice with it yet this year.

Offline zubie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 12, 2015, 04:25 PM »
Thank you for the responses, I looked at the combo at the local Fleet Farm and was impressed with the rod but I can agree that the reel did feel cheap.  Fleet farm had the combo on sale for $30, but I have several other reels already so I decided to order the 28" online and received it earlier this week but have not had a chance to use it on the ice yet.  I am hoping to get out this weekend and will give a review after.  First impressions of the rod are in line with what others have already said, the quality seems good and the large eyes should be nice for fishing outside the shanty.  The only negative I can say thus far is the tip does seem a little more stiff than I was hoping; and this is comparing it to my current HT Ice Blue UL rod tip.

Zubie

Offline zubie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 17, 2015, 08:53 AM »
I finally got the opportunity to try out my new 28" Beaver Dam Glass Noodle Rod this past weekend and my first impression is this is a great rod for the money.  I think the overall quality of the rod is very nice and the handle and reel seat are very nice.  I was using a #10 Demon jig and was able to see and feel light crappie bites and it felt like it had decent backbone if I were to hook into a larger fish.  Overall I am extremely happy with the rod for the $20 price tag I will probably be picking up the shorter version as well.  If you are looking for a nice panfish rod this is worth checking out.  The quality feels much better than my HT Ice Blue and is well worth the extra $10.

Zubie

Offline DougU

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Where did I leave the extension?????
« Reply #8 on: Dec 13, 2015, 06:51 PM »
Mills has the rods for $16.79

Offline Iceman Cometh

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Walker
« Reply #9 on: Dec 29, 2015, 03:48 AM »
Haven't used one yet, but has anyone tried the beaver dam titanium tip stick rods with the retractable spring bobbers? I was thinking about getting the 23" ultralight to fish gills.
"If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, Infinite." --- William Blake

"There are things known and things unknown...in between are THE DOORS." --- Jim Morrison

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.