New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Bulwagga Bay Today  (Read 677 times)

Offline chessieman

• IceShanty Rookie
Bulwagga Bay Today
« on: Jan 28, 2007, 07:59 PM »
Not what I was hoping for - wind was hard from the north, without a shelter you were hard pressed to detect bites - hard black ice ~ 8" - lots of shanties out in front of the beach - only portables under the bridge - none out from the Port - thin ice? a few smelt and 3 perch

Second stop was Dresden - small gills - tough day

Offline adk iceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Bulwagga Bay Today
« Reply #1 on: Jan 28, 2007, 08:20 PM »
yeah i was up there today also and the wind sucked caught one nice perch on tip ups then a few keepers jiggin and about a dozen smelt, i left at 11, i think i will be putting the shanty up there this week i dont like that pressure crack though especially cause i usually put my shanty out to the hole of the boat launch.
Can I go fishing? Unless it’s on Brant, I can’t.

Offline crayfishbob

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Bulwagga Bay Today
« Reply #2 on: Jan 28, 2007, 09:22 PM »
Theres real good fishing in that bay , if you are dedicated. Try about 100 yards or less south of the break wall, work it good. I've loaded up there first ice before. Also, park where the creek goes in above Georges baitshop ( or is he still there ?)  Well anyways fish the area in front of the creek, but so you are not beyond the point to the south of you( about 200 yards out) I've cought alot of perch there too.

Over on the VT side in front of the marina theres a shoal that gets good in feburary too. Its marked by a bouie. Check your map !

Retired , but still recovering ice fishing addict.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.