New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: black lake  (Read 2353 times)

kgbny

black lake
« on: Jan 23, 2007, 02:40 PM »
there is 6 in of ice on mile arm caught some slab gillies some ok crappies and northerns are bitting also

bonkfan14

Re: black lake
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2007, 04:50 PM »
there is 6 in of ice on mile arm caught some slab gillies some ok crappies and northerns are bitting also
Dont believe a word he said guy's.... i was there saturday and only had 2" in a few spot's,maybe if you looked hard 2.5"-3" and no fish to be had... slab gillies :cookoo: well been fishing there for years and not seen too many of them....Did catch a few slime dart's but overall action was slow... For those of you that have read my post's over the years on mile arm, you will know that what im saying is for real.. That is all im going to say, before the mod's start yellin at me again ;)... If there is that much ice at black(mile arm) i would be there this weekend and not off to lake champlain... Well take it anyway you want boy's, there is ice up there but not 6"s...

Daddie

Offline wayneo637

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2007, 05:01 PM »
Dont believe a word he said guy's.... i was there saturday and only had 2" in a few spot's,maybe if you looked hard 2.5"-3" and no fish to be had... slad gillies :cookoo: well been fishing there for years and not seen too many of them....Did catch a few slime dart's but overall action was slow... For those of you that have read my post's over the years on mile arm, you will know that what im saying is for real.. That is all im going to say, before the mod's start yellin at me again ;)... If there is that much ice at black(mile arm) i would be there this weekend and not off to lake champlain... Well take it anyway you want boy's, there is ice up there but not 6"s...

Daddie

Trust him. CrappieDaddie knows what hes talking about especially when it comes to black lake. 
WHEN HELL FREEZES OVER I'LL ICE FISH THERE TOO!!

Offline AugustWest

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2007, 05:17 PM »
I heard Roll Away has a solid 10" ::)

Couldn't resist...there is the same nonsense in the Black Lake R&C thread going on as we speak!!!

Offline mcboats81

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 23, 2007, 08:09 PM »
Posting that is just inviting someone to go through.   Hopefully everyone will just remember what the weather has been like (main reason we're all chompin at the bit).  Thanks to all of you that tell it like it really is.

Offline wildlifecaretaker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 23, 2007, 11:54 PM »
Maybe i'm too trusting, but why would someone come on here and tell outright lies about a fishing site? Is it possible he found a small localized area with conditions as he's stated? or is it absolutely not possible?

Offline bigfish_1556

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 24, 2007, 12:01 AM »
It is possible that they found a safe spot with good ice to fish on, but *probable*?  Who knows.  As always, it's best to take any report with a small grain of salt, and when in doubt, check it out for yourself prior to tromping right out to put up some traps.
"A man is only as big as that which makes him angry" -Adlai Stevenson

Offline Fishbio824

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 24, 2007, 07:22 AM »
you guys are so hypocrytical
The point of this website is to share information and you all make fun of the "lurkers" from time to time.
At least us "lurkers" arent lying about ice conditions.

hali-man

« Reply #8 on: Jan 24, 2007, 08:04 AM »
At least us "lurkers" arent lying about ice conditions.

They were both there the same day.
One says 6"; the other 2.5-3"...

One of them is lying.
I'll believe the one I know.
Thank-you very much!
 8)

Offline gumpy2

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • It's gator time...
« Reply #9 on: Jan 24, 2007, 08:21 AM »
i don't know either of them, but if there was 2.5" on saturday, don't think it is unreasonable to have around 6" yesterday with the temps we have had the last 3 days.  Of course i am assuming Kgbny's report is from yesterday.

"Porkers??  You talkin' about porkers Mr. Hoopa?"

bonkfan14

« Reply #10 on: Jan 24, 2007, 08:40 AM »
i don't know either of them, but if there was 2.5" on saturday, don't think it is unreasonable to have around 6" yesterday with the temps we have had the last 3 days.  Of course i am assuming Kgbny's report is from yesterday.
Say he did fish there on Tuesday, it would of had to make 2"s of ice a day for 2 day's. I know the temp's were cold, but com on man,use common sense will ya :cookoo:... I was there and my friend lives on the bay, been talking to him and says condition's haven't changed much if any...Well i see that the person hasn't been back on here to defend his mistake, so I'm under the assumption,that he is full of crap..

Zeke

Offline BAZOOKAJOE

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Jan 24, 2007, 08:47 AM »
 :(  That sucks i was going to drive my truck out on mile arm this weekend.   :D  Maybe i'll borrow one of those amphibious vehicles (like the sodus point fire dept has).  Or a hovercraft.   :P

On a serious note:  looks like the temps are pretty cold for this week.   :)  Could be 6 by the weekend.  Keep us updated!!

Offline jigginoff

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Have a crappie day!!
« Reply #12 on: Jan 24, 2007, 08:48 AM »
I'll go w/crappiedaddie, my good friend was there the day before, and he reported the same conditions, 2.5" of ice, and not to many fish to be had. Also have fished there many times myself and have not seen to many slab gills come out of there. some decent ones, but not slabs! I hate bull@#*! reports!!!!!!!

billybono

« Reply #13 on: Jan 24, 2007, 08:50 AM »
problem is the crust of snow on top

2.5 is a very generous measurment also. most spots the spud went through with one whack

almost had to abandon a tip up out there  :tipup:

billybono

kgbny

« Reply #14 on: Jan 24, 2007, 12:30 PM »
Dont believe a word he said guy's.... i was there saturday and only had 2" in a few spot's,maybe if you looked hard 2.5"-3" and no fish to be had... slab gillies :cookoo: well been fishing there for years and not seen too many of them....Did catch a few slime dart's but overall action was slow... For those of you that have read my post's over the years on mile arm, you will know that what im saying is for real.. That is all im going to say, before the mod's start yellin at me again ;)... If there is that much ice at black(mile arm) i would be there this weekend and not off to lake champlain... Well take it anyway you want boy's, there is ice up there but not 6"s...

Daddie
          well i was just there sunday and the tape measure doesnt lie was very slow action but realy was 6 inches im there every year also many many tripsto mile arm but i dont post about it so what do i know right? you the man daddie

billybono

« Reply #15 on: Jan 24, 2007, 12:43 PM »
sorry

i was there standing on it saturday. there is no way there was 6 inches sunday

it doesnt grow 4 inches overnight  :-*

billybono

Offline pikemaster9

• IceShanty Rookie
  • o u didnt catch any fish WELL LOTTY FRICKEN DAH!!!
« Reply #16 on: Jan 24, 2007, 05:39 PM »
Went up there Saturday to Rollaway bay about 1 1/2" to 2 1/2" maybe 3" when we left. Caught some small pike and one 2" perch.

Offline boatdiver

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Stop by, say hello
« Reply #17 on: Jan 25, 2007, 07:54 AM »
Boy, you guys can be brutal. I know, no more reports without a tape measure in the pic, at least that way billybono won't have to defend his catch! When you stand out there for 6 hrs, trophy fishing is not the goal, and he got to eat his fish!
 Anyway, it's easy to mistake ice conditions unless everyone reads the same spot. Find a spot w/ no snow, use your spoon and read it. Simple.
See you this weekend BB

Offline orangebucket

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Jan 25, 2007, 08:04 PM »
Going up to the camp for a few days looking for the old marble eyes. Sounds like good conditions 1.5" of ice can,t wait to fall through  ::).
Rip their lips off !!!

Offline RichandShannon

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Jan 29, 2007, 12:24 PM »
Hey I fished Roll Away the other day(Sunday) out by the point and there was 8-9+ inches, measured with my hand!!!  I would guess that most of the upper end of the lake has that amount.  Not many fish, I was jigging and caught 4-5 crappies and 8-10 good blue gills, at least enough for a feed!!!  Good luck on the ice, mother nature is still hard at work making it for us!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.