Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1610177 times)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #20430 on: Aug 10, 2020, 04:47 AM »
Good morning IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

67 heading to 80 as the day goes on. Some big storms last night mainly rain, with some people south of me getting almost 6" of rain. We had some rain but compared to others we enjoyed a quiet night. Les pays a visit this afternoon for a couple of days.

IW best of luck at today's therapy, it sounds like you have been keeping busy :thumbsup:

Eddie hope you and the crew have a good week :thumbsup: Hope the crew can adhere to the new times and rules.

mr.clean I used to have two cameras on every site which always offered more videos. It seems the game a cameras miss a lot of things on their own. I have been too busy to mess with doing it this year which leads to double the batteries and double the editing ???

I am going to try and work in a walk this morning, not sure if it will work or not.

Hope everyone has a good Monday :thumbsup: Stay safe and healthy.

I forgot to post a movie I got finished yesterday, hope you like it.

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20431 on: Aug 10, 2020, 05:47 AM »
Marv, watching the yard one, that fawn stood for some time, looked like a lawn ornament.

Will be searching for a day time care giver today, have heard stories of people that have had  some come to the homes, end up stealing valuables.  :nono:

Looks like my weather will continue to be upper 80's and lower 90's for the next 10 days.  With the unsettled health and care for Mrs, is leaving me so dang depressed, I am about to abandon the gardening.

Thank you all for the continued best wishes and prayers.  I can only at this point hope I make the best choices  :unsure: for all concerned.

Did get the wind up clock to run again, it really did it on its own  ::)
Bud

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20432 on: Aug 10, 2020, 06:09 AM »
60* this morning and more warm weather on the way.
IFF, you and your wife are in our thoughts and prayers.
WW, the grass just keeps growing. Most years by now, it is turning brown.
Went up to visit my brother yesterday, he was just leaving to go to Topps, so I rode over to the village with him in his '53 Plymouth. Gets lots of looks.
Next fishing trip is planned for later in the week. Lindsay has some meetings the next couple days, plus it is going to be hot.
Have a good day and stay well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20433 on: Aug 10, 2020, 07:00 AM »
Morning all,

IFF......I am so sorry you're having to go thru all this  :(  don't be too hard on yourself,  reach out to family/friends/professionals for help making decisions, realize there will be both good AND bad points in whatever decisions you make  :-\  keep your own mental/physical health in mind also, most of all just continue to be there for and love MrsIFF like you've been doing  :flex:  she's lucky to have you  :bow:

IF45.....fingers crossed the new apartment comes thru for you  ;)

Eddie.....a slight cough or sneeze now and then should get you moved away from the mansion pretty quickly  :whistle:  ;)2

WS.....can't get over the numbers of raccoons   :o  :o

IW.....hope the pt is still going well  ;)

H2L.....looks like midweek before the temps will be bearable again  ::)

TT.....glad this year's party went better for you  :)

Mowing's done for another few days, grass is growing like it's May  :o ::)  grocery shopping on tap today  :blink:

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20434 on: Aug 10, 2020, 09:34 AM »
Good Morning ER's      been busy mudding and priming then painting. Bud hope Janice can turn the corner; nice to here she was able to eat a bit. The cost of the ambulance is crazy for 7 miles. IW did they give you 6 free flying lessons with what your bill was? H2L nice fishing day with Lindsay good job. WW ditto on you and Mr. WW walleye catching. Weather here is for hot for a while with showers filling in. People still protesting here not wearing masks as well as children. It's a sad sight. Prayers to all with health stuff going on.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #20435 on: Aug 10, 2020, 10:05 AM »
Good Morning ER's       IW did they give you 6 free flying lessons with what your bill was?
             No and they didn't narrate to know where I was. :roflmao:

IW

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #20436 on: Aug 10, 2020, 01:12 PM »
 Good day ,blue sky Mr.Muggy here until end of the week temperatures forecast to be in the high eighties to mid nineties for most of the week with little cool down over night. I watched the news from NYC earlier still folks in burrough of Queens without electric power due to trees that came down during tropical storm Isaias. looks like majority of NYC's public school students will split time between in school and at home learning. someone at the TV station needs to go back to school the on screen graphics had learning spelled larening.
Icefisher-45 good to read your wife is feeling better and the Walmart in NH had the totes she wanted for use in your move to new housing. May things work out and you get the place on first floor in nearby town. if you start your injections this week may you see some benefit from them quickly.
Ice Wanderer important to keep the wife happy. may the grass grow in the newly seeded area. best to you at today's PT session.
Eddie try and keep a positive attitude remember in a few years you will be able to bring a young Emerson to the empire plaza/Capitol area of Albany and show him all the work Grandpa and his coworkers did to mantain ,repair and restore things in that part of the city. keep hydrated and be careful if you are working outside for most of this week.
IFF may you find a good and honest day time caregiver. Wallyworld offered good advice find things to keep yourself busy and mind off everything going on with Janice. Also keep a watch on your personal health. please know we are all praying for a good outcome to all you are dealing with at this time.
Hunts2long i'm sure the two of you riding in the 53 Plymouth brought back memories for some of the folks you passed by on your trip. may your brother continue to enjoy the car for many years. best to you and Lindsay on your next fishing trip she and her coworkers must be busy with final preparations for the start of this school year.
Old Goat best to you with the dry wall and painting work. May WI. not see a rise in new Covid-19 cases as people get lack in following safety measures. I think Ice wanderer should have gotten a few ariel photographs and honorary  flight crew member certificate for the price of his helicopter ride.  ;D
Whopper Stopper running and checking the footage from multiple game cameras is time consuming not to mention editing the footage for posting here on Ice Shanty and Youtube. thank you for all your efforts in doing the videos.

Everyone stay safe and have a good Monday. Best to all dealing with health issues.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20437 on: Aug 10, 2020, 02:58 PM »
Nothing set in stone......yet.  Got another visit from, Dr's  ??? :unsure: wanted to know more about me, than the patient laying on the bed.  Guess they didn't know I had already been "Evaluated" by the shrinks during the last stay.

Let it be known I wanted a hospital bed with the air mattress.  Contacted a "Helping Hands" placement service, Hit it off good with the owner, and at a rate of $29 per hour, instead of the full time other outfit at a rate of $325 per day.  If only for the time it would take to get an approval from Medicaid office, is a lot more manageable.   
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #20438 on: Aug 10, 2020, 03:35 PM »
 IFF think the Dr.'s just want to feel secure you can handle taking over some of Janice's care and will keep your current state of health. May things work out a getting a hospital bed for reasonable cost to you. remember to see if your insurance will cover any of the costs related to the bed. may the lord continue to watch over the two of you.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #20439 on: Aug 11, 2020, 04:13 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  66 and muggy on the Hill this am, will be getting close to 90 here today, saying 93 down at the workplace.  :%$#!:

Bud...hope everything works out with the hospital bed, Medicaid, and Helping Hands. We used a similar service for my Mom for a short period of time called Visiting Angels, had a good experience with them. Thoughts and prayers continued for you both... hope today is a better day!   :thumbsup:
  Steve...moral was a little low for the crew starting out yesterday morning, lol, but it eventually became better. We actually had a very productive day despite the heat and finished up about 2nrs. ahead of schedule...so far so good!   :thumbsup:
  OG...sounds like you’ve been busy...almost time to treat yourself to a fishing trip?   :thumbsup:
  Wally...your reply to Bud yesterday was spot on...it sure is nice having a Mom on board!   :bow:  Thanks for the suggestion, seem to have a little tickle in my throat this am Governor...(cough, cough) .. :whistle: :roflmao:
  H2...I’ve never been in a 53 Plymouth, had to look that one up...nice!!  :clap: :thumbsup:   Bet that was a fun cruise...3 speed on the column?
  Marv... thanks for sharing the video, great stuff! Those twins are a trip to watch cutting up like little kids do...excellent job!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Jeff...hope your therapy went well yesterday!   :thumbsup:

As I mentioned to Steve, we had a pretty good day yesterday less the heat, it started getting brutal right around 11am. Right about then, the safety vests came off and remained that way the rest of the day...what a relief  More of the same on today’s agenda...just a few degrees hotter, lol.
  Was on my way home yesterday and saw a young boy with his Mom selling Koolaid from a stand in his driveway...reminded me of my brother and I doing it as kids. I pulled over and put down the window, the Mom said would like you one, 50 cents a cup? Couldn’t help but ask if that came with a shot of Vodka... ;D   She laughed and said no, but that sounded good!  I handed her a son $5 and told him I was a Koolaid salesman once myself, keep the change...the smile on his face was priceless!  Good end to the day...Cawfee’s on!   
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #20440 on: Aug 11, 2020, 04:33 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                       It's 67* and humid here on my hill. ::)
                       Eddie........Those safety vest can be hot, I don't know why you guys would have to wear them at the mansion, unless it signals
              out the crew. :whistle:
                       Bud...........Good luck to you and Janice through all this, I hope Helping Hands can help you out. :flex:
                       Steve........I'm not so sure I want to change the color but then Happy Wife Happy Life. :roflmao:
                       Wally.........I'm seeing shelves starting to empty again, I hope you were able to get everything you needed. :whistle:
                       OG............I agree with Eddie, you need a fishing trip. :clap:
                       Marv..........The video was great, I showed to my wife and she asked if you had more, dumb question. :woot: She spent better
             part of an hour going through some of them. :clap:
                       My roofing material is suppose to be delivered today, the guy that is doing it is about a week out to come.
                       I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #20441 on: Aug 11, 2020, 05:17 AM »
Good morning Eddie, IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

62 with low dew points this morning heading to the mid 80's. Unfortunately Les is taking a break after today and you know who is returning :%$#!:

Bud hope helping hands can give a boost and you can get some relief. Prayers and best wishes Sir.

Eddie excellent job making change for the  Koolaid salesman. Great story :thumbsup: Wishing you and the crew the very best fighting the heat today :thumbsup:

IW Hope the shipment gets dropped off today and everything is accounted for :thumbsup:

WW are you getting the fishing itch or the riding itch ??? Ditto Eddies comments about your Bud reply :bow:

Thanks for the video comments, very much appreciated. I am going to have to stop the bird feeder camera for awhile. Yesterday there were 255 videos from one day of the birds flitting in and out. It's just too hard to go through them all, not to mention the editing process. It would definitely be a good mid winter hobby.

I have a couple projects today. My enclosed trailer needs a little attention and depending on how it goes may take the day. The door has a couple of metal pieces missing from the fold down ramp. The hitch has a little rust to wire wheel off before it gets too bad. Also the last 2x I hooked up I got nailed by a wasp :%$#!: Right after my walk there is going to be some exterminating around the hitch to take care of the little %$#@!@#$. Hopefully I can find the nest before the residents of it find me.

Hope everyone has a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and healthy.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20442 on: Aug 11, 2020, 06:59 AM »
Morning all,

IFF......glad you were able to find a more reasonable home aid  :clap:  good to hear you passed the "shrink" test  ;)2 :roflmao:

WS.....good luck with the wasps, been a bad year for all kind of bees/wasps  :wacko:  would love to go fishing or riding too dang hot for either  :%$#!:

Eddie.....glad the first day at the mansion went well  :flex:  easy does it with today's heat/humidity sir  ;)

IW.....looking forward to some before and after pics of the siding  ;)2

MrC.....hope you got your a/c working right, looks like this triple H stuff is here for the week  ::)

OG.....way too hot for all that work   :nono:  time for some r&r  ;)2

Got the pantry restocked yesterday, even picked up some corn for .20 an ear  :thumbsup:  thought maybe it would end up being cow corn, but it was really tasty  :woot:  took a short bike ride in the afternoon, found a blueberry stand selling berries for $5.00 a quart  :clap:  sure beats $7.50 at the local market  ;)

Not much planned today, just trying to beat the heat/humidity  :-\

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20443 on: Aug 11, 2020, 07:20 AM »
68* this morning with some fog.
Eddie, good that you finished the job early, got pretty warm in the late afternoon. The '53 plymouth is an automatic.
WW, hope we find a cooler day later in the week. Lindsay is going to the beach today.
Not much planned today. Maybe a load of wash.
Have a good day and stay well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20444 on: Aug 11, 2020, 11:07 AM »
Wild and nasty here in Michigan yesterday just after supper. Some 70 mph winds in Southern Michigan. We got  around an inch and a half or rain with calm winds up here. This was the same storms that reportedly flattened around a million acres of corn in Iowa. Thank the Lord for Lake Michigan taking the bite out of the winds up here. It is guessed the Les will be around for a couple of days so it will make the upper  80's a little more bearable

Eddie
That was nice of you giving the tip to the young man selling Kool-Aid. I am sure you made his day.
When I was working at one place we were at First Aid training one night. Some one brought up about how hot the shirts that the company wanted us to where with their log on them. The man that was teaching first aid also worked at a clothing store. He looked at the tag on on a guys shirt. He said no wonder they are hot they are polyester which makes them hot. I refused to wear them because of  them being so hot. I always wore a t shirt.

ww Talk about inflation! When I was running a produce department shortly after I graduated high school in 1961 I was paying 25 cent a pint for blue berries. I sold them for 39 cents. I saw a guy stealing  corn out of  a farmers field a few years ago. he must have had almost a trunk full. He was doing it on a main road.

Bud Prayers to you and Janice to get through this. have you thought about getting Janice on Disability SS. it should beat dealing with Medicaid. I now it is not  as easy to get on it as it was when I had to go on it when I was 58. I was still able to make a set amount of money working. I never did work since taking some work I could not guarantee I could finish the job.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20445 on: Aug 11, 2020, 05:07 PM »
I went to work today, they were glad I could give them a hand.  Rockies lost last nights game but did score 7 runs so Taco bell has the Rockies special between 4 and 6 today, 4 taco's for $2.14.  Will pick them up and see if Janice would like a bite.

Tom, Janice is now 74, and went on Disability just before her 65th.

Steve, got another call from the Case Management team, yet another person in that office called saying she had it I wanted the hospital bed W/the air mattress.  was going to check if a doctor had issued a prescription for one.  Its my understanding that cost is covered by Medicare. Correction, just got the call to set up delivery and setup for the bed.  Medicare covers 80% our monthly cost at 20% amounts to about $28.00  Up front charge is $38.64.  Whew glad that is done. :thumbsup: :clap:  On my way out the door, checking in laterl
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #20446 on: Aug 11, 2020, 07:10 PM »
Good evening, Mr.Muggy still in town was in the low nineties this afternoon felt closer to one hundred with the heat index. I really can not complain saw on the news last night that there are still people in parts of NYC and on Long Island without electric power due to Isaias.
Eddie glad the crew's moral improved as the day went on and productivity was high even with an early end to the day. Very nice tip for the young man selling Kool-Aide.
Ice Wanderer i know some items have been hard to keep in stock or obtain since Covid-19 took off in April. be sure to check if you can apply paint over you current stained siding without having problems down the road. Unless you are planing to use a green tinted stain. maybe you can convince your wife that a wood toned stain suits the house better and fits the setting of your home. Hope the roofing supplies arrived in good shape.
Whopper Stopper may you have completed the trailer work sting free and found the wasp nest. The local bird population does enjoy your feeders. Glad the doe and her fawns returned and you were able to get footage of them also appears the neighborhood raccoon population is booming.
wallyworld nice that you have the pantry restocked and found local corn and blueberries at a good price. the lowest price I seen for local corn in my supermarkets is 50 cents per ear limit of six ears. ditto other's comments on your message to IFF.
Hunts2long is the Automatic transmission in your brother's 53 Plymouth the "Push Button" model or did that come out on later models . May Lindsay stay healthy after her trip to the beach. i hope she remember the sun screen.
TomTurkey glad the storm bypassed your part of Michigan. Guess we will be seeing higher prices for pork with all that damaged corn. I believe Iowa's unofficial state motto is "Have you hugged your hog today" one of our nation higher pork producing states. How i are Mrs.Turkey legs doing may the massage treatments be keeping any swelling at bay.
IFF the local New York-Penn. league Texas Rangers affiliate by me has a promotion where if a certain player on the opposing team strikes out three times everyone in attendance gets a free six inch submarine sandwich from the local Subway chain store. happy to read Medicare will cover majority of the cost for hospital bed. Stay strong and know all of us are praying for the two of you.

May everyone have a pleasant evening.
Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #20447 on: Aug 11, 2020, 07:11 PM »
Good evening everyone :bow:

I grabbed the card out of the camera and sorted through 55 videos and found enough for a movie. The turkeys aren't coming around like they used to , not sure why.

Anyway hope everyone is having a good evening :thumbsup: Stay safe and healthy.

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #20448 on: Aug 11, 2020, 07:44 PM »
Good evening Whopper Stopper thank you for today's video footage. Did you put out some sliced apples along with the corn it looked like the fawn was having a hard time trying to eat something.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #20449 on: Aug 12, 2020, 04:13 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day!   ;D.   Looks like we picked up some rain overnight, 67 this am, high of 81 today.

Marv...the poults are really growing up fast now! Thanks for sharing the video, sure wish Arrow was still around.   :clap:  Hope you got caught up with your projects yesterday and no issues with those nasty wasps!
  Steve...with any luck, the NYC Mayor’s house is on that list of power outages, lol.   :nono:
  Bud...good news on the hospital bed and coverage, excellent! Hope more good news is coming your way today...thoughts and prayers continued!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Tom...wow, hadn’t heard of all the acres of corn lost in Iowa...devastating! I’m sure we’ll see higher prices soon like Steve mentioned.
  H2...how’s the reservoir elevation, is it coming up again? Lindsay picked a good day to go to the beach yesterday.   :thumbsup:
  Wally...excellent buy on the corn and berries, haven’t seen any corn around here that can match that price!  :thumbsup:  Yesterday was a hot one...but we got through it ok...little cooler today and we got the ok to start a half hour earlier which is a plus. 
  Jeff...you were spot on with the safety vests...easy to identify at all times. Hope all your roofing material arrived on time yesterday, will be looking forward to your new project soon!    :thumbsup:

New hours today..7:30~4:00...a little better I guess, lol. Believe someone mentioned it hit 93 down in Albany yesterday, it was just miserable. We got another good day in, although we looked like a bunch of river rats by days end!   ;D
  Expecting a big conveyor to arrive today along with 100 yds. of crushed stone for the base...that should be interesting. Cawfee’s on...

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #20450 on: Aug 12, 2020, 05:32 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                         It's 66* and clear here on my hill, what a hot humid day yesterday was. ::)
                         Bud........I'm glad things are going your way, it's about time. May it continue. :thumbsup:
                         Eddie......The material arrived around 8 am yesterday, the driver started earlier than usual, he wanted to get deliveries done before it
                 got too hot. :whistle:
                         Marv.......Thanks for the video, those poults sure have grown, probably good feed. :flex:
                         Steve......I planned on using a solid stain to cover the old transparent one. :unsure: Color is still up in the air. :blink:
                         Tom........I haven't hear anything about the loss of corn either. :o
                         Wally.......You really scored on the corn and blueberries, were they at private stands? ???
                         H2l.........As Eddie stated yesterday was a good day for the beach as long as Lindsay could find some shade. :unsure:
                         I have therapy at 10 am this morning, then I have to help a neighbor take a refrigerator to the dump.
                         I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20451 on: Aug 12, 2020, 06:15 AM »
Morning all,

IFF....so glad to hear some positive news from CO  :clap: :thumbsup:  did MrsIFF enjoy a bite or two of those tacos  ???

Eddie.....can't imagine 1/2 hour is much help beating the heat  ::)   next week looks a little better, hang in there  ;)

IW......the berries were at a private stand, the corn from Hannafords  :)

H2L.....being on the beach in 90* weather just doesn't sound as appealing now as it did 40 years ago  :roflmao:

WS.....you're going to need to start growing corn to feed all those critters  ;)2  :woot:  hope you got thru yesterday sting free  ;D

TT......I grew up across the street from a farm, sweet corn was $1.00 for 13 ears or my mom wouldn't buy it, said it's too expensive  :)  bet she would be  :o  to see it selling for $1.00 an ear  :pinch:

Got a bike ride in yesterday, saw temps anywhere from 90* to 95*   :o   those were in the middle of nowhere, not in towns/cities  ::)  managed to get sprinkled on a couple times but got home before the rain came down by the bucket full  :thumbsup:  yep did squeeze in an ice cream stop too  ;)2

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20452 on: Aug 12, 2020, 07:09 AM »
65* and fog again. We got about an hour of rain about 8 last night. Rained pretty hard.
Mr. C. the automatic is not push button, but I remember those. Lindsay goes to Pine Lake and I don't think it gets many people during the week. She is careful not to get too much sun, not like I was in my younger days.
Eddie, it sure was a hot one yesterday. The rain last night cooled it off real nice. The lake came us 4/5 inches last week but most of that is gone already.
WS, thanks for another fine video.
IFF, hope all is improving out your way.
WW, I didn't know that blueberries were that expensive. No wonder my brother has put a lock on his freezer...lol. He picked over 22 gallons, not sure how many he as frozen.
Have a good day and stay safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20453 on: Aug 12, 2020, 08:21 AM »
Am I too late for coffee ?  I sure picked a fine time to try to quit smoking, Now facing the paperwork, Hope I don't mess it up. 
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #20454 on: Aug 12, 2020, 11:08 AM »
Good day, another hot and humid one here heat advisory for this afternoon and early evening. I was checking on local news earlier for my fellows New Yorkers Uncle Andy recently signed legislation requiring the use of seat belts by persons 16 and older riding in the rear seats of vehicles. Also a friendly reminder hunting and trapping license sales start this coming Monday.
Eddie i think NYC's mayor has electric power i have not checked to see if most city residents are now back on the grid. I hope your employer or the union is providing water for you to drink during the day and added a couple more rest breaks.
Ice wanderer what color will the new roof be your wife may want the house siding to compliment the roofing and not be a clash of colors. I think putting solid color stain over semi-transparent should not give you problems .I assume both are oil based products. hope you had a good PT session . Be careful loading into and getting the refrigerator off vehicle.
Wallyworld I took measurements yesterday of my current air conditioner and the wall opening it fits into will visit a local appliance store later to see what models will fit and the prices. I'm still considering having my current unit repaired. This is for your and anyone else's info. If your have a Hannaford supermarket near you according to this week's sales flyer corn on the cob is 5 ears for a dollar. One of the best prices I've seen this Summer.
Hunts2long Good to hear Lindsay is careful with sun exposure and there is a beach near her that should have smaller crowds during the week days. Blueberries have been averaging around $5 dollars for a pint (6ounces of berries ) at supermarkets. So i understand your brother having a lock on his freezer if it is located outside his home.
IFF if needed make phone calls and ask questions so you can complete any paper work correctly. also be careful about not getting hooked on something like coffee as a replacement for smoking at one time I got into the energy drinks/shots. depending on the time of day and how many i consumed found it caused problems with my sleeping. Did Janice enjoy a taco yesterday. May things improve for the two of you as this week progresses.
Icefisher-45 any word on the apartment in the nearby town. Hope this has been a better week for you and your wife.
Old Goat is your drywall work and painting almost completed.
Drifter hope you are seeing cooler weather and have found some time to fish or work on the cabin.
Capt.Jim,UFCreel may all be good with you and your families.
Whopper Stopper may early day activities be reason for no post from you this morning and your not recovering from Wasp stings.

Have a safe and good Wednesday. To all dealing with high temperatures and humidity stay hydrated.
 Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #20455 on: Aug 12, 2020, 02:03 PM »
Good afternoon everyone  :bow:

70 with rain. Heading to 75 and clearing by 4pm. Mr. Muggy dropped of his bags and it appears he intends to stay for a couple days.

The low pressure always kicks my tail and the front that came with rain had me feeling like a washrag. My wife needed a few things from the store this morning so I went with her. On the way home she dropped me off along the road and I walked the 10 miles back. Other than that I have spent most of the day in my chair waiting for things to clear.

I see a few commented on the hornets, I was able to squirt them with no running required :flex: I hate those dang things and it never fails they have a way of coming from no where to land the first sting before I can clobber them. I believe I counted 21 bodies lying around and had the satisfaction of giving the boots to 5 of them that refused to die.

mr.clean good luck with the AC. Hope if it's a fix you can have it back before Mr. Muggy heads out :thumbsup: I did pick a few apples and put them by the camera for the deer. I was glad the little guy didn't choke on it.

Bud good luck with the paper work, the phone or google can be your friend :thumbsup:

WW glad you got a ride in and had time for a cone :thumbsup:

Eddie I hope the day is over for you. The high heat and humidity is a recipe for Brewskis :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I got word yesterday that my Niece is once again having problems with her mental health issues. The last time she quit her jobs, and the time before that she tried to hurt herself. She has struggled for the better part of her life with it and it's hard to watch it unfold again. Her daughter and I have become very close over the last 2.5 years so not only am I getting updates first hand, but am trying to offer her support. Yesterday was a special day for her getting engaged to a nice young man, but it was overshadowed with worry for her Mom. We have all been told countless times that unless she tries to hurt someone, there is nothing any authorities can do.

Hope everyone is having a a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and healthy.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20456 on: Aug 12, 2020, 02:50 PM »
WS......so sorry to hear your niece and the rest of the family has to go thru this again  :( :(  thoughts and prayers sent, hopefully she gets settled back on her meds sooner rather than later  ;)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #20457 on: Aug 12, 2020, 06:42 PM »
Good evening, I got involved with other things today so will have to deal with the AC unit tomorrow. If needed I can just stick to my bed room as that AC unit is working fine.
Whopper Stopper sorry to hear about your niece ,best advice I can give is to let her know she is loved and cared about and try yo get her back on any medications she may take and to some counseling. Many people dealing with mental health issues fell isolated so support form others is helpful. Also continue to be there for her daughter. I will be praying for your niece and all of you.
 Glad you were able to eliminate some of the hornets/wasps. You have built up to some good distance with the daily walks. I don't know how either organization plans to conduct these events currently but both the American Cancer Society and Susan G. Kholman (breast cancer) have fund raising walk you can get your exercise and help raise funds for these organizations.

When I logged-in saw i had one personal message it was from IFF he is still having trouble getting Janice to eat she would not touch the tacos he brought her last night .

The Lord must be working 24/7 between prayer request and all that is happening in our world.

May everyone have a pleasant evening and good night.
 Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20458 on: Aug 12, 2020, 10:36 PM »
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.....True ????  Well that's what its like with Janice and eating.  I was called and they (Doctors, Care team) of which there were 5 in all.  How about 2:00, um ok should make it.  Hospital rental was to be delivered around 9:00, which was here and setup by 12:00  Got there at 1:45.  Her lunch, a cup of Tapioca pudding, was still sitting on the stand.  As I moved to hand it to her, I notice the floor is wet, well so is she, laying there in a puddle of water, guessing she knocked over her cup of water, pushed the button, they came in to change the bedding and get her dried off.  As she lay there I notice water running and I do mean running off her thighs.  Wiped it dry, and more drops appear to the tune of like 2.5 per second, from the exact same spot.  :woot: In comes the gang of Doctors, so I suggested we leave the room to talk.  What transpires is a good condition update, again talk of being released in a day or two.....Ok, and Oh your taking her home, not to a full time care place ????  can I handle that ????? Well I have arranged for help. Ok then the HMO will provide a wound nurse like every other day, and OT and PT couple times a week. They would leave the catheter in and I would need to keep it and area clean.  And of course weekly blood draw for lab work. That's not the end of today's story

I leave at 3:00 returning at 5:00, ask if she had ordered her dinner ?? No, Ok, the kitchen/room service operates 7 to 7, I call at 6:25 to check if she had an order in.  No OK she would like a tapioca budding and tomatoe juice is all she wants.  Her hands are cold, I pull a chair up close, hold her hand in mine.  Next thing I know is its now 7:45 and she was never delivered anything for dinner. :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: SMH... visiting hours over at 8:00 arrive home to find a letter stating she is being denied admission to a Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) because she is currently medically stable and you are declining to work with therapy and have been recommended for long term care.  **censored**, and I don't mean Where To Fish.  Well would anyone when there liver is all screwed up with their poison ???

Sheeze......Ok rant over.  God Please Help Us All. :'(
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #20459 on: Aug 13, 2020, 03:47 AM »
Good Morning Everyone
  Clear and 60 this am, high of 82, the guessers claim the humidity is supposed to start dropping today.   :clap:

Bud...so sorry to read about all of the ongoing issues both you and Janice have been going through, especially her lack of eating. I can only hope that today is a better day for you both and some better news to follow ...hang in there Sir!  Thoughts and prayers continued for you both. 
  Steve...good luck with the AC unit today!  We bring plenty of water, Gatorade to stay hydrated...breaks as we need them.   :thumbsup:
  Marv...sorry to hear about your niece going through her difficulties, like Wally mentioned, sure hope that can get back under control quickly. Congratulations to her daughter on her engagement! I’m sure she is very grateful for all the support you have been giving...you’re a good man, keep up the good work!   :thumbsup: :clap:
  H2...good luck with the fishing if heading out this am!   :thumbsup:
  Wally..glad you had a nice bike ride and got the ice cream in before the rains hit!   ;D  :clap:  The half hour earlier start didn’t add up to beans beating the heat and humidity yesterday...rumor yesterday was a 5am start tomorrow...we’ll see how that pans out today. 
  Jeff...hope your therapy went well yesterday....was moving refrigerator’s on the Dr.’s list of home therapy???   :whistle: :nono: :roflmao:

As with everything we do at the Mansion, nothing ever seems to go right.“ Someone “ didn’t confirm the stone and conveyor order, so that’s coming on Monday now, lol, some other blunders taking place I can’t mention...another one of those jobs, must be some type of bad juju there!  :blink:
  Got a message from one of my sisters yesterday, she and one of my brothers had a window visit with my Mom yesterday. A good report and a few pictures taken from the staff worker.  Still no new cases of the virus as of yesterday with residents or staff.   :thumbsup:
  Cawfee’s on...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.