Author Topic: TILTS/TRAPS LINE  (Read 517 times)

Offline Mt.Bucket

• Team IceShanty Addict
TILTS/TRAPS LINE
« on: Nov 23, 2010, 04:17 PM »
What kind of line would you put on yours. The Indian Hills are the ones I'm looking at and was wondering if the line that he spools them with is all that good? So i wanted to hear your guys opinion on lines.

Cheers :tipup:
Live Free Or Die.

Offline jtk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: TILTS/TRAPS LINE
« Reply #1 on: Nov 23, 2010, 06:59 PM »
haven't had a chance to use my indian hills yet. i had him spool up the line for me. i'm sure with the quality of the traps he makes the line has to be great.
"give a man a fish and he will eat for the day. teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day"

Offline BOB1970

• IceShanty Rookie
  • splinka
« Reply #2 on: Nov 23, 2010, 08:17 PM »
i fish with the creator of indian hill in vermont every year for ice fest and caught over 100 pike in 4 days and never had an issue with his line. you will be happy

Offline jtk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 23, 2010, 08:20 PM »
100 pike....bring me lol
"give a man a fish and he will eat for the day. teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day"

Offline JDN

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • JHM
« Reply #4 on: Nov 23, 2010, 08:39 PM »
What are you fishing for??? The 30lb squid OK for bass & trout.If your using 30 for pike it will burn you to the bone!!!The smaller diameter burns when you have a decent pike on,the heavier lines not as bad.The only problem with the heavy line is when its real cold the line freezes and has to be forced down the hole!!!It all works, I prefer a heavy line its easier to untangle cost more though. The INDIAN HILL is the best trap made period!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline JustOsmo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Nov 23, 2010, 08:50 PM »
if you pm mike, mr indian, i am sure he will tell you/us what brand line he uses. I am sure it is good quality. I have 10 traps with line spooled by hima nd it looks to be great quality line.

Offline Mt.Bucket

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Nov 23, 2010, 09:38 PM »
when i talked to him today he was on the road and i did not want to bother him, sent him an email but hadn't heard from him and was anxious or excited to hear what you all had to say. they look quality and figured the line would be too, never can be to sure though. i'm going to be using them for pike, walleye, tiger muskie, and maybe lake trout. i've read guys using 80lb test he's using 36lb and to be honest i don't know what would be optimal.

thanks for the replies
Live Free Or Die.

Offline pikeking

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Nov 24, 2010, 02:05 AM »
Let me tell you! I have Indian Hill Ice Traps and the line he puts on the traps is top notch. You wouldn't expect to get the best car with Walmart oil in it would you?
Trust me the line is strong. I also went to Champlain with Mike last year. There were 13 of us and most of us have his traps and there were over 150 Pike caught and never heard of any line being bad.

Don't worry about quality when buying his traps...
If fishing was work I'd never be sick!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.