Author Topic: Eskimo F1 Rocket Chipper or Shaver Blades  (Read 805 times)

Offline CJohnson27

• IceShanty Rookie
Eskimo F1 Rocket Chipper or Shaver Blades
« on: Nov 19, 2018, 09:40 AM »
Good Morning and Welcome Back Folks!

Its that time again! Ice is forming!

So I am taking a trip to Red Lake this weekend and Realized that I put my auger away with issues... :%$#!:

I contacted Eskimo as my auger stopped cutting. Id have to lay on it to get it to cut. Contacted them and they asked for pictures. I sent it in and they said the blades are knicked and I need new ones... Of course. I thought they were pretty good but I have no problem putting new blades on it. I currently have the Shaver blades and she says they shouldnt have ever been on it and I should have chipper blades. Ive never used chipper blades and the auger never has had them on it but my question is....

I drill about 20+ holes an outing. Am I going to see a difference between the two blades?

Thanks in advance!
Cody

:tipup:

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Eskimo F1 Rocket Chipper or Shaver Blades
« Reply #1 on: Nov 19, 2018, 07:55 PM »
Well I would put the blades on it that it should have came with. They used to call the Quantum blades.
<===Lefty===

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #2 on: Nov 19, 2018, 08:22 PM »
I run jiffy augers but the chipper blades  last alot longer than shaver blades.my chipper blades on my 1970 1 armed bandit has never needed sharpening.i filed the pilot point but the chipper blades still chew ice after all these years.same with all my bits.shaver blades need touched up and are more maintenance.jmo

Online HWeber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 19, 2018, 08:28 PM »
X2 on the quantum blades, they're like a shaver with notches. I don't think eskimo currently makes an actual chipper blade

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.