Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: how did you guys do this week?  (Read 764 times)

Offline 63110

• IceShanty Rookie
how did you guys do this week?
« on: Jan 10, 2010, 07:34 PM »
Did not fish Thursday or Friday due to the artic blast, but fished hard Wed, Sat, and Today.

Wed fished two ponds caught 3 crappie about 11 in and kept 20 or so good gills.  All came on diamond jigs (fire tiger and clown) and waxies.

Sat. Another pond Tougher, 1 crappie about 10 in. kept 15 or so good gills.  All caught on diamond jigs (clown was the main color)and waxies. 

Today fished another pond with my twelve year old boy.  Caught a lot of dink gills on pink diamond jigs, pink/white/black/chart combo jamin jig, and a pink/black/white jamin jig.  All w/waxies.  Brought home about a dozen keeper gills.

All in all not a bad few days.  Did a lot better then I thought we would due to the weather.   

Offline cdt80

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: how did you guys do this week?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10, 2010, 09:11 PM »
Four of us fished on a farm pond and cought about a dozen nice gills.  All in all the fishing was still fairly slow.  Lots of lookers hardly any takers.

Offline bluegillbill

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 10, 2010, 09:22 PM »
Fished 12 mile Saturday, caught around 35 gills, 2 bass, 1 crappie and a 14 inch walleye. I was fishing in 25 feet of water using a castmaster and waxies.  The best day yet on 12 mile, fished from around 2-4 only drilled one hole.  :)

Offline IowaIceman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 10, 2010, 10:21 PM »
Fished a sandpit on Saturday morning from 8-11.  Bite was fast and furious right away but slowed as the morning progressed.  Couldn't keep them off the hook for the first hour then they'd just look at it and swim away.  Caught a couple keeper gills but by and large mostly dinks.  Gonna start trying a few bigger bodies of water.  Not catching enough keepers.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.