Author Topic: Korkers Polar Vortex 1200 Boots  (Read 4897 times)

Offline Chris Ossman

• IceShanty Rookie
Korkers Polar Vortex 1200 Boots
« on: Nov 28, 2017, 07:15 AM »
Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on these boots. I am not finding much for reviews.

Offline EarlyIce

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Korkers Polar Vortex 1200 Boots
« Reply #1 on: Nov 30, 2017, 12:06 PM »
Look for reviews for the Korkers Tundrajack. The 600 Polar Vortex are a new version of the Korkers Icejack (600g) and the 1200 Polar Vortex are the new version of the Korkers Tundrajack (1200g). I have had a pair of the Icejack 600g for years and love them. They're light, have held up great and you can't ask for a more versatile boot with the interchangable soles. Hands down the absolute best boot I've ever owned. The 600g is plenty warm enough fishing in the shanty or moving around and too warm to say run errands in for an afternoon...like store to store. I wouldn't want the 1200g unless I was fishing out in the elements on the ice with no shanty.

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 30, 2017, 12:35 PM »
Look for reviews for the Korkers Tundrajack. The 600 Polar Vortex are a new version of the Korkers Icejack (600g) and the 1200 Polar Vortex are the new version of the Korkers Tundrajack (1200g). I have had a pair of the Icejack 600g for years and love them. They're light, have held up great and you can't ask for a more versatile boot with the interchangable soles. Hands down the absolute best boot I've ever owned. The 600g is plenty warm enough fishing in the shanty or moving around and too warm to say run errands in for an afternoon...like store to store. I wouldn't want the 1200g unless I was fishing out in the elements on the ice with no shanty.

X2!  I have pairs of Ice Jacks and Tundra Jacks.  I prefer the Tundra Jacks for ice fishing.  They're just more comfortable for me and warmer, but everything else Early Ice said is spot on!  I wear the Tundra Jacks for ice fishing only and the Ice Jacks as my regular winter boot for snow blowing and other active winter chores, etc.  They are both awesome boots.  The BOA lacing system in the Ice Jack is especially nice for quick and easy on and off. (No boot remover needed)  I'm sure the price deters a lot of people, but they're worth every penny to me. 
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline lynng

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 02, 2017, 04:26 PM »
X3.  I have the Tundra Jacks and love them.  I got them at the beginning of last season and highly recommend them.  I do not find the 1200 too warm and like the taller boot. I do change the soles depending on how much snow is on the ice. 

Offline 66birdman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 16, 2017, 01:12 PM »
I got my polar vortex 1200 s on jet.com for 150 bucks last week

Offline Chris Ossman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 03, 2018, 08:55 PM »
Thank you all very much for your input. I believe I will get a pair

Offline 66birdman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 10, 2018, 09:06 PM »
Update......I’ve been out on the ice a whole bunch of times in -45 windchills in the last few weeks and my feet have yet to get cold.  Definitely suggest these boots

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.