The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Marcum camera Problems  (Read 1250 times)

Offline Guddefam

• IceShanty Rookie
Marcum camera Problems
« on: Jan 08, 2023, 07:42 PM »
Hey guys I have a question for you. So I bought a Marcum recon 5, March of last year, and I have had to send it in twice now for warranty work, because of the blue screen of death. It has only been in the water three times since I bought it. Both times they have fixed it and told me it was the camera that was the issue. Has anyone else had this issue with this model?

Offline Perch-Eye

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Marcum camera Problems
« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 2023, 07:50 PM »
   What did you send in to get fixed ? I would think that the camera is part of the whole unit.

Ken...........

Offline Guddefam

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 08, 2023, 09:55 PM »
I sent in the whole unit

Offline Perch-Eye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 08, 2023, 10:52 PM »
I would think about getting them to replace it or give your money back. I have a Pan Cam that is a piece of junk collecting dust in my attic.

Ken............

oldschoolben

« Reply #4 on: Jan 09, 2023, 07:04 AM »
I would think about getting them to replace it or give your money back. I have a Pan Cam that is a piece of junk collecting dust in my attic.

Ken............
on the pan cam is the motor the issue I have a lod pan cam and that's my issue,

Offline Perch-Eye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 09, 2023, 07:18 AM »
   The motor went out first and they fixed it . Then the camera started to get a  worsepicture every time I used it. I'd pull it up and water would drip out for a few minutes so I just gave up with it.

Ken.........

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #6 on: Jan 09, 2023, 07:34 AM »
I’d be demanding my money back or a new unit…

Offline pmmpete

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 09, 2023, 08:58 AM »
I have a Marcum Pursuit HDL which I like very much.  After 11 months the camera fogged up.  I sent the system to Marcum, which replaced the camera under warranty.  They replaced the camera and sent it back to me within a day.  A notice incuded with the repaired camera states that the replacement camera is warrantied for one year after the date of replacement, which is stated on the notice.

The Pursuit HDL, the Pursuit SD+, and the Recon all appear to use the same camera.  I don't know if a lot of the cameras have been failing.  But because cameras can fail, as indicated by my experience and the experience of others who have posted on this thread, you should be sure to save your receipt or other proof of your purchase date, and you should be sure to register the underwater camera with Marcum, so you won't have any problem getting warranty repairs if necessary.

I have recommended the Pursuit HDL to other ice anglers, and will continue to recommend it.

Offline Donna M

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 15, 2023, 11:28 AM »
Same thing happened to us. Took it back to s heels and exchanged for the Marcum vs 485c.  Good unit so far.  Nice carrying case etc.

Offline missoulaicebeerdog

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 17, 2023, 10:24 PM »
Mine worked for two or three trips then it died.  its a P.O.S.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.