Author Topic: Coyote Creek  (Read 2172 times)

Offline PoolGuy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hello my name is Bill and I'm an ice fisherman !!
Coyote Creek
« on: Jan 20, 2021, 01:09 PM »
For those guys who come up RT16, Coyote Creek Outfitters on RT11 are now selling bait, which I didn’t know. They bought the bait tanks an gear from Nutes....
I just want to go ice fishing and ignore my adult problems

Offline Steve H.

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Coyote Creek
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2021, 01:32 PM »
Doesn't open til 9, according to the website.  I'll still be going to Alton Circle Grocery (5AM opening).

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2021, 02:07 PM »
Doesn't open til 9, according to the website.  I'll still be going to Alton Circle Grocery (5AM opening).

That’s my issue with almost everywhere. I typically get it the night before
You count your years by the Winters.

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

Offline PoolGuy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 20, 2021, 02:12 PM »

What gets me is that if they sell bait you’d think they’d  know that opening early is key...how about adjusting the hours for the season...sure it easy to go the day before but for some it’s not

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 20, 2021, 02:14 PM »
That's an issue for anyone serious  about fishing...
6 is bad enough, 9 , why bother.or maybe there are more casual fisherman( and women)than there are hardcore maniacs.

Nutes had a nice set up, sad to see them go. When i went bye on my way home a week ago the open flag was flying  I would've stopped,  but I didn't see it until I was past the point of no return.
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline PoolGuy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 20, 2021, 02:17 PM »
6 is bad enough, 9 , why bother.or maybe there are more casual fisherman( and women)than there are hardcore maniacs.

Nutes had a nice set up, sad to see them go. When i went bye on my way home a week ago the open flag was flying  I would've stopped,  but I didn't see it until I was past the point of no return.

I think it’s a thrift shop now :(

Offline Steve H.

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 20, 2021, 02:34 PM »
That’s my issue with almost everywhere. I typically get it the night before

Where do you get yours near Berwick?  I'm supposed to fish Knights with some coworkers soon who live up your way.

Offline BHardy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 20, 2021, 03:07 PM »
After Nutes closed I just started trapping my own.

You won’t have to worry about rushing the night before, or getting up even earlier and waiting in line at the shop. I just go down in my basement and scoop. The convenience factor is priceless!

What I’m most surprised by is that I’ve had bait in my tank for over month now...still not one dead one!!!

Offline crashed87

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 20, 2021, 03:07 PM »
Coyote Creek has been great the past couple times I've gone in, definitely give them a visit!
Clear ice, tight lines, can’t lose

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If I can hunt it, or fish it....I'M THERE!
« Reply #9 on: Jan 20, 2021, 03:13 PM »
Yea the hours suck.
LeRoys in Rochester is a better bet if you're looking for bait in that area. 24/7 self serve
- In every walk with nature, every hunt, every fishing trip....one receives far more than he seeks.

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 20, 2021, 03:23 PM »
After Nutes closed I just started trapping my own.

You won’t have to worry about rushing the night before, or getting up even earlier and waiting in line at the shop. I just go down in my basement and scoop. The convenience factor is priceless!

What I’m most surprised by is that I’ve had bait in my tank for over month now...still not one dead one!!!

Agreed, when I found my tank had cracked this fall I thought no big deal, I can stop on my way home from work the night before and get what I need for this season... Man am I missing it already, I'll have a setup going again next season for sure...
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #11 on: Jan 20, 2021, 04:14 PM »
Where do you get yours near Berwick?  I'm supposed to fish Knights with some coworkers soon who live up your way.

Pm sent
You count your years by the Winters.

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

Offline zwiggles

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Jan 20, 2021, 04:41 PM »
Doesn’t Berry’s bait open at 4am? Or was that just for the derby weekend?

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If I can hunt it, or fish it....I'M THERE!
« Reply #13 on: Jan 20, 2021, 04:46 PM »
Yup. 5am normally. 4 during derby
- In every walk with nature, every hunt, every fishing trip....one receives far more than he seeks.

Offline dmilla

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Dave
« Reply #14 on: Jan 20, 2021, 05:21 PM »
I was just going to say, Berry's bait on Rt16 behind Johnson's Market Place has everything you could possibly need or want. Better hours than Coyote Creek and bigger selection than Alton Circle.

Offline OldCaveman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Jan 20, 2021, 05:41 PM »
   I was at Berrys last week for my 1st time, what a nice shop. I hope they do well as we all know can it can be a tough business. I remember years back having breakfast at Sportos ( I think) after a morning of hunting in New Durham,  great people
John

Offline Nitro16

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Jan 20, 2021, 05:43 PM »
Absolutely agree. Since Nutes closed we switched to Berry's bait and extremely happy. He has everything you need and the live bait is top notch
Born to fish, forced to work....

Offline Rando5512

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'd rather go fishin'!
« Reply #17 on: Jan 21, 2021, 04:10 PM »
I was just going to say, Berry's bait on Rt16 behind Johnson's Market Place has everything you could possibly need or want. Better hours than Coyote Creek and bigger selection than Alton Circle.
Berrys is on Route 11 ;)

Offline Steve H.

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Jan 21, 2021, 06:48 PM »
Thanks for the tip on Berry's.  Gonna check it out soon.

Offline Jack1972

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Jan 21, 2021, 07:11 PM »
Shocked that Coyote opens at 9.  When I was doing the commute each day the owner would be there with lights on just before 7 so I assumed they opened at 7.

Lon Berry is a great guy.  He's expanded quite a bit too.  Plus he's knowledgeable & will share info.  I didn't think Alton Circle carried bait anymore but you certainly don't get the knowledge or selection that Berry has.  But Alton Circle does have beer & Slim Jims so....

Offline james

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Feb 01, 2021, 09:50 AM »
Coyote creek will be open at 4 am on derby weekend

Offline rmoody79

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Feb 01, 2021, 02:06 PM »

I have 0 tolerance for the casual 10am crew that shows up and stands there looking around in circles for where they think they are going to post up

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.